Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get the 4.1.4 update?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 11:34 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weather app removed

I updated yesterday and appears the weather app has been removed completely (US market, Virginia area).

Last edited by Hula-2; 05-14-2024 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-14-2024, 12:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hula-2
I updated yesterday and appears the weather app has been removed completely (US market, Virginia area).
It was gone after I did the update and returned again the next day. You have to drag it back up to your display screen.

Old 05-14-2024, 01:19 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vinceleo
It was gone after I did the update and returned again the next day. You have to drag it back up to your display screen.
i just went out and checked and just as you said, the weather app has returned as an option to drag to the Home Screen. Thanks!

Old 05-15-2024, 07:20 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

I just updated. It says 4.1.4_ (no idea what the underscore means). It scrambled the location of my apps and I had to re-enter my credentials/PIN. The worst thing is now CarPlay won't connect. Bluetooth is connected, wifi is on and it plays Spotify, Siri interacts, etc. So the phone is connected, it's just that the CarPlay fixes killed my CarPlay. I'm likely to spend part of my weekend sitting in my driveway trying to go thru all the fiddly details to make sure I'm just not missing something. I'm pretty pessimistic that after a couple hours I'll wind up completely convinced that I just need to wait for the next update. In fact, writing this is therapeutic! I think I'll bring some beer with me for the job.

Old 05-15-2024, 10:12 AM
Drifting
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Yikes. I just updated to 4.1.3 earlier this month, my first and only update since I got the truck in Nov '23. Looks like I should avoid any new updates until this CarPlay issue gets remedied.

Old 05-15-2024, 02:00 PM
Winching
Received 574 Likes on 302 Posts

4.1.4 is working fine for me. No issues (so far), no need for logging in etc. and the Pivi CarPlay buttons now work correctly !

The following users liked this post:
ZeroWG (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 02:59 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MattF
4.1.4 is working fine for me. No issues (so far), no need for logging in etc. and the Pivi CarPlay buttons now work correctly !
Likewise for me. It’s only been a few days but no issues.

ZeroWG (05-15-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 03:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
I just updated. It says 4.1.4_ (no idea what the underscore means). It scrambled the location of my apps and I had to re-enter my credentials/PIN. The worst thing is now CarPlay won't connect. Bluetooth is connected, wifi is on and it plays Spotify, Siri interacts, etc. So the phone is connected, it's just that the CarPlay fixes killed my CarPlay. I'm likely to spend part of my weekend sitting in my driveway trying to go thru all the fiddly details to make sure I'm just not missing something. I'm pretty pessimistic that after a couple hours I'll wind up completely convinced that I just need to wait for the next update. In fact, writing this is therapeutic! I think I'll bring some beer with me for the job.
Haven't had many CarPlay issues over the years, but when I have the most effective approach has always been to completely delete and re-pair the phone rather than to try to diagnose and troubleshoot. Delete the phone in Pivi, delete and forget the bluetooth connection to Pivi on the iPhone, and re-pair and re-enable wireless CarPlay upon reconnection. I don't bother troubleshooting anything, the brute force delete and reconnect method has worked every time. Good luck!

ba_ (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Huc
Mudding
Received 173 Likes on 74 Posts

For what it’s worth… I was prompted and ran the update to “4.1.4_” this evening, May 16, in US > Colorado

Update ran uneventfully for the most part, save one commonly noted Issue: Weather app is NOT anywhere in the choices for the Pivi Screen layout as reported by others.

Not the end of the world and I’ve seen similar quirks in other updates and won’t be surprised if Weather shows up again in the coming days. Otherwise the update was clean from what I can tell from a short drive to confirm the rig worked.

Old 05-17-2024, 09:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Huc
For what it’s worth… I was prompted and ran the update to “4.1.4_” this evening, May 16, in US > Colorado

Update ran uneventfully for the most part, save one commonly noted Issue: Weather app is NOT anywhere in the choices for the Pivi Screen layout as reported by others.

Not the end of the world and I’ve seen similar quirks in other updates and won’t be surprised if Weather shows up again in the coming days. Otherwise the update was clean from what I can tell from a short drive to confirm the rig worked.

Quick Reply: Anyone get the 4.1.4 update?