Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get the 4.1.4 update?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 12:27 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
Remind me what we will miss out of if we don't renew? Mine is up in another year (maybe this June??). I'm hoping they turn off all updates and telematics, but I'm sure that's not it.
The only thing I've noticed (mine expired two weeks ago) is the weather app no longer works. It didn't disappear though. It just prompts me to renew. Everything else, traffic updates, search for POI, etc. works. Everything. I never used alexa or spotify, so I don't know about that.

Last edited by pjeski; 05-21-2024 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-21-2024, 12:40 PM
Mudding
Received 125 Likes on 79 Posts

A lot of times any errors just means you need to log into In-Control in the vehicle and on the app. (just open the app and lock the doors usually works)

Seems like when these updates come through I lose connection to at least Spotify, sometimes the weather app. At some point I'll get an error that says I need to re-log into the vehicle and/or in-control. This last update I could open Spotify but couldn't navigate the app. After a week of no use it decided to finally tell me to log back in. JLR's IT deployment team could use some Agile training.

Old 05-21-2024, 02:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,167 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by pjeski
The only thing I've noticed (mine expired two weeks ago) is the weather app no longer works. It didn't disappear though. It just prompts me to renew. Everything else, traffic updates, search for POI, etc. works. Everything. I never used alexa or spotify, so I don't know about that.
Interesting. What about Alexa and the in-car wifi hotspot? (EDIT: Just re-read that you don;t use Alexa)

Old 05-21-2024, 02:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nashvegas
Interesting. What about Alexa and the in-car wifi hotspot? (EDIT: Just re-read that you don;t use Alexa)
Dunno.

Old 05-28-2024, 09:25 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

has anyone noticed that CarPlay turn by turn notifications now show up in the central instrument cluster? it looks pretty bad, almost like an afterthought and i can't seem to figure out how to turn it off.

Old 05-28-2024, 12:42 PM
Huc
Mudding
Received 173 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by foldpages
has anyone noticed that CarPlay turn by turn notifications now show up in the central instrument cluster? it looks pretty bad, almost like an afterthought and i can't seem to figure out how to turn it off.
I can confirm seeing the same things in 4.1.4 update. Actively using Apple Maps to navigate, CarPlay upcoming turn notifications popup in my dash then disappear after the turn - reverting to my previous digital dash screen setting. I don't find it particularly objectionable but I appreciate your point. I'm not aware of any method to turning it off but haven't made any serious effort to look. I wonder if muting the turn by turn spoken instructions *might* disable the prompt in the instrument cluster? I haven't tried

Old 05-30-2024, 07:29 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm Paolo from Rome, Italy, I have the same problem, just updated the fw to 4.1.4, the wireless carplay no works, the Wireless buttons ON/OFF have disappeared in the main menu connectivity, before upgrade worked well .
Paul

Old 05-30-2024, 07:36 AM
Winching
Received 273 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Huc
I can confirm seeing the same things in 4.1.4 update. Actively using Apple Maps to navigate, CarPlay upcoming turn notifications popup in my dash then disappear after the turn - reverting to my previous digital dash screen setting. I don't find it particularly objectionable but I appreciate your point. I'm not aware of any method to turning it off but haven't made any serious effort to look. I wonder if muting the turn by turn spoken instructions *might* disable the prompt in the instrument cluster? I haven't tried
lt can be turned off in the setup menu, press the center (O) button on the left
side of the steering wheel,then select "info panel"
Scroll down and change it from "map" to something else such as "media" or "speedometer"

Last edited by lightning; 05-30-2024 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 09:44 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lightning
lt can be turned off in the setup menu, press the center (O) button on the left
side of the steering wheel,then select "info panel"
Scroll down and change it from "map" to something else such as "media" or "speedometer"
Unfortunately this does not work with the new update. I usually have the info panel set to Media and the directions still show up before a turn.

Old 05-30-2024, 10:20 AM
Winching
Received 273 Likes on 174 Posts

Okay.

l have the latest update and it worked for me. However l have the basic dashboard with only the center part display digital.

The speedometer and RPM are traditional analogue gauges.

lf you have the full digital dashboard it may be different.

Note you can't un-check the "map" you have to actually select something else to get rid of it.

Quick Reply: Anyone get the 4.1.4 update?