Anyone get the 4.1.4 update?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2024, 01:03 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcmah
Thank you. I will try that.
Followup from my previous post...
Update is now complete and Sshows 4.1.1 ___.
Does this mean I'm a few iterations behind still?
What's the "____" at the end mean?

Old 08-16-2024, 09:06 AM
Mudding

One thing I noticed in updating from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1.
The car shifts MUCH smoother now. It's night and day and I love it. I always thought the shifts were a little rough when accelerating at slow/mild speed. It felt smoother at higher power, but still wasn't great. Wasn't horrible, just not good.

But now... Damn it's like silk. I dunno what the update did, but my P400 ****s like butter now. My wife even noticed it just from riding as a passenger. Lol.

Only thing in the update is ""General powertrain refinements" Anyone else notice that?

The following 2 users liked this post by Trailmix:
EahB (08-16-2024), Vinnypt (09-03-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 08:14 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailmix
I received an update msg this morning on my '22 P400. Couple of things to note:

2) My Pivi had been stuck on a old version since Feb 2023. Then somebody backed into my front passenger-side fender and bumper area. Front bumper and fender were replaced at a local body shop. (Another interesting experience.) The body shop had to "recalibrate" the sofware for the various sensors (cruise control, parking, lane drift, etc) in the front bumper. The day i picked the truck up Pivi updated. Then it updated a week later. Now, this is update #3 in the 3 weeks since picking up from body shop. Its as if they rattled something loose that was restricting updates for 1.5 years.
Hello Trailmix,

Do you have any way to ask the body shop how do they perform the "recalibration".
And especially what equipment did you use?
Was it original JLR OBD equipment or another type?

Here in Europe we have a lot of guys with the same problem. (PIVI stuck on 3.3.2)
We would be very grateful if you could get this information.

Thanks a lot.

Old 09-03-2024, 10:01 PM
Drifting
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been declining 4.2 updates every day because I don't want my secondary CarPlay map to stop working. :\

The following users liked this post:
Defendher (09-04-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 10:06 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seventh
I've been declining 4.2 updates every day because I don't want my secondary CarPlay map to stop working. :\
Hi Seventh,

Zondar have posted this a few days ago.

Originally Posted by Zondar
Very odd! After several days, all by itself carplay maps suddenly appeared on the driver's screen again! Thank goodness.
I'll be more wary of future updates.

Old 09-03-2024, 10:56 PM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Regarding the references to the maps and their display is there a way to change the map display in the center drivers display? Mine defaults to the native app on my iPhone, iMaps. So if I have Google maps showing on the Pivi screen can I switch to viewing the JLR navigation map in the drivers display? Or, have Google maps showing in the drivers display and iMaps showing on the Pivi screen? Any way to make any changes?

Old 09-04-2024, 02:46 AM
Drifting
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
Regarding the references to the maps and their display is there a way to change the map display in the center drivers display? Mine defaults to the native app on my iPhone, iMaps. So if I have Google maps showing on the Pivi screen can I switch to viewing the JLR navigation map in the drivers display? Or, have Google maps showing in the drivers display and iMaps showing on the Pivi screen? Any way to make any changes?
Driver display map screen can only be set to JLR or Apple Maps unless I missed something. I tried everything possible to get Google maps in the center display and it wouldn't work. I never tried Waze, maybe someone else can confirm if Waze might work.

The following users liked this post:
WTFChuck (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 05:35 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by jrjunior41
Driver display map screen can only be set to JLR or Apple Maps unless I missed something. I tried everything possible to get Google maps in the center display and it wouldn't work. I never tried Waze, maybe someone else can confirm if Waze might work.
when using Android Auto (android version of Apple Carplay), the Google map displays on the driver screen

The following 2 users liked this post by Trailmix:
jrjunior41 (09-04-2024), WTFChuck (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 10:08 AM
Overlanding
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior41
The ability for a CarPlay-enabled app to use a vehicle's instrument cluster display was introduced in iOS 15.4. The app needs to be coded to support multiple windows and, specifically, the instrument cluster. JLR has already done its bit, so it's up to app developers to modify their code. I developed an iOS app that I use for off-roading that can use the center display:

Last edited by denhams; 09-04-2024 at 10:22 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by denhams:
jrjunior41 (09-04-2024), pinion (09-20-2024), Vinnypt (09-04-2024)
Old 09-20-2024, 01:53 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulLR
I just downloaded and installed 4.2. I'm pretty sure it is a correction for the 4.1.5 version that would download but not install.
I had the 4.2 update pestering me everytime I shut the car down. So I duly tried the "30mins" update two times and it didn't work.
Tried again today and any mention of 4.2 has disappeared. Nothing. Have they removed the 4.2?

Quick Reply: Anyone get the 4.1.4 update?