2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple Maps on IDD

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 04:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

I actually use Alexa quite a bit but for some reason since it updated to 4.0.0 everytime I start the car it asks me to set it up again

Old 09-23-2023, 12:05 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by woo90
If you are signed in to your InControl account, sign out in the vehicle then sign in again.

This has helped push updates in my 2020 model that seemed to be lagging.
Great info. I did as you suggested at 10 am. Went out and ran a couple of errands, filled the car with gas, and came home at noon. Got the message to update. Don’t know if this is a true software hack or just coincidence, but the timing was very impressive. Thanks again.

Old 09-24-2023, 11:33 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I got mine last saturday and no update for mine yet. I finally figured out why I couldnt sign in to my incontrol in the car because I needed to turn on the car wifi. But I still havent gotten the message. I even logged out and logged back in.

Old 09-24-2023, 04:09 PM
Three Wheeling

Now that I have 4.0.0, are the turns using navigation with Apple Maps supposed to show up with arrows on the Heads Up Display? Apple Maps shows up appropriately on the IDD.

Old 09-24-2023, 04:10 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Defend24
Ok I got mine last saturday and no update for mine yet. I finally figured out why I couldnt sign in to my incontrol in the car because I needed to turn on the car wifi. But I still havent gotten the message. I even logged out and logged back in.
FWIW mine took 17 days

Old 09-24-2023, 04:22 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats crazy 17 days. That makes no sense at all.

Old 01-24-2024, 10:07 AM
4wd Low
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just picked up my 2024 110S and apple maps is NOT showing up on the IPP (gauge cluster). I have the ability to choose between Pivi and Apple Carplay on navigation but it does not change my IPP... Does anyone know if I am missing a setting somewhere that allows it to pop up on my gauge cluster? I spoke to the support team on the phone and they said they are seeing my care as up to date but can't tell me what Pivi software is being run. I have connected to my home wifi and car is connected to cellular and I have not been prompted to do any further updates and cannot find what Pivi software is being run at present....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:55 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CWallace
Just picked up my 2024 110S and apple maps is NOT showing up on the IPP (gauge cluster). I have the ability to choose between Pivi and Apple Carplay on navigation but it does not change my IPP... Does anyone know if I am missing a setting somewhere that allows it to pop up on my gauge cluster? I spoke to the support team on the phone and they said they are seeing my care as up to date but can't tell me what Pivi software is being run. I have connected to my home wifi and car is connected to cellular and I have not been prompted to do any further updates and cannot find what Pivi software is being run at present....

If you’re going to the software update screen in your settings and it’s not showing any specific version number, then you’re probably not on the latest software. That screen seems to only show the last version successfully updated over the air.. if it doesn’t list that, you can’t really tell which version you’re on aside from guessing which features you have/don’t have
When we took delivery of our ‘23 last year, it said “up to date” on the screen (and according to the techs at the dealership) but it was still a couple versions behind. It updated a few weeks later
Of course I’m just assuming.. if it does list something like 4.0.0, I’m sure there are other things to try to get the maps showing

Old 01-24-2024, 11:57 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by CWallace

Most likely you need to wait for 4.0.0 to download. Mine did not download until 17 days after I took deliver of my '24. It's a bit perplexing to me why LR ships out new cars without the latest software updates.

Old 01-24-2024, 01:20 PM
4wd Low
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
Most likely you need to wait for 4.0.0 to download. Mine did not download until 17 days after I took deliver of my '24. It's a bit perplexing to me why LR ships out new cars without the latest software updates.
This is what I have been gleaning from reading several threads. Interestingly though, I have the red and yellow lines in my reverse camera which, from reading, seemed to only arrive with the 4.0 update? Do you recall if your car had these lines when you took your delivery?

Quick Reply: Apple Maps on IDD