Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 05:26 AM
Winching
Received 212 Likes on 152 Posts
Default Audio issue

My audio in the 2020 Defender will go silent after I use Siri to make a phone call with my iphone. The iphone is connected via bluetooth, and works fine and will play music prior the making a call using Siri. Right after the phone call ends, the audio goes out and I cannot play any music from my iphone. Even switching to radio (AM, FM or Sirius) will not change the silent audio. When this happens, the unit will not reset itself when you hold the power button down for the 15-20 seconds. When you restart the car, everything will work again.
Has anyone experienced this issue? Any input or suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you.

Old 03-01-2021, 10:09 PM
7th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wcc18999
My audio in the 2020 Defender will go silent after I use Siri to make a phone call with my iphone. The iphone is connected via bluetooth, and works fine and will play music prior the making a call using Siri. Right after the phone call ends, the audio goes out and I cannot play any music from my iphone. Even switching to radio (AM, FM or Sirius) will not change the silent audio. When this happens, the unit will not reset itself when you hold the power button down for the 15-20 seconds. When you restart the car, everything will work again.
Has anyone experienced this issue? Any input or suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you.
I'm having the same issue with mine. Sometimes mine won’t come on for days at a time. Did you ever find a fix for this? Tired of taking this thing for every little thing and losing the vehicle for 3 days.

The following users liked this post:
GFranklin (06-11-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 10:43 AM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunNguN29
I'm having the same issue with mine. Sometimes mine won’t come on for days at a time. Did you ever find a fix for this? Tired of taking this thing for every little thing and losing the vehicle for 3 days.

Same thing is happening to me. Exactly.

– Mateo

The following users liked this post:
GFranklin (06-11-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 03:55 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Similar issue. Frustrating for sure.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:56 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

If you turn off or reset your iPhone, does the audio come back? I am wondering if the iPhone "hijacks" the audio inputs (the car system thinks Siri is still active and won't let it go.)

Old 05-28-2021, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by umbertob
If you turn off or reset your iPhone, does the audio come back? I am wondering if the iPhone "hijacks" the audio inputs (the car system thinks Siri is still active and won't let it go.)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that. It seems like the audio controls go away, so that would make sense. I'll let you know when I get it back from the dealership and it happens again.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:16 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sound going out

Same here, especially if using Spotify. If a call or even the navigation system comes on it causes everything to quit, and restarting the car is the only fix, sometimes!! And it’s pretty frustrating when you are on the highway!!

Old 06-11-2021, 11:29 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I had the exact same issue with my 2020 Defender. Mine stopped correcting itself after I shut down the vehicle.
I took it into Land Rover and they did a software update (maintenance only, not the self update). It fixed it right away and hasn't come back in 4 months. Good luck!

Old 07-17-2021, 01:46 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update?

Hi, just got our new Defender, and seem to be having this same issue - has anyone found a fix for it yet? Thanks!

Old 07-18-2021, 01:58 PM
Overlanding
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SaltyHaggis
Hi, just got our new Defender, and seem to be having this same issue - has anyone found a fix for it yet? Thanks!
Not sure if there is a real fix but the above suggestion of holding the power button till the system restarts did the trick for me. I assumed there was a way to restart but couldnt find it in the menu and the first time I tried holding the button to restart I guess I just didnt hold it long enough. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Audio issue