Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Design: Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 09:57 AM
Overlanding
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
I wonder how many of those having problems don’t have the cold climate pack which has heated washer jets and of course the heated windshield
I have cold climate pack, should it have heated washer jets? I do have heated windshield and it works great but again, my fluid jets were completely frozen up until the temp went above freezing, then they started working again.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:13 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by warkeld
I have cold climate pack, should it have heated washer jets? I do have heated windshield and it works great but again, my fluid jets were completely frozen up until the temp went above freezing, then they started working again.
I've never seen a control for heating the jets, I'm assuming it heats them similar to the way the side mirrors heat. Not sure it's always working properly, sometimes even when it's below freezing for example if you have the windshield set to heat automatically you start the engine and the windshield heat does not come on, though the rear will sometimes and not others, very strange the way it works. Happened to me this morning in 15 degree F weather. So I think there's bugs in the way that sensor is working. I'm not a huge fan of the way the windshield heater works either. Basically you turn it on, it heats for a couple of minutes and turns off and I can understand why it needs to stop for a while. It doesn't cycle back on though say a couple of minutes later, so you have to keep pressing it every few minutes to keep it heated, there are conditions where I am right now where I'm pressing it literally dozens of times per day and I don't even drive for a living, these are just grocery runs and lunch. I don't have a problem with it cycling these various heated bits but that's not what we have at the moment. The steering wheel stays heated regardless though, no complaints with that.

Last edited by Chief65; 02-04-2022 at 10:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
warkeld (02-04-2022)