Sponsored by:

Brake Controller

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 12:41 PM
AUH
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravi
Hey Jason, I'm in Australia too and wanted to check, did the TPH-006 harness work without any reconfiguration of pins?
Did you ever get an answer to this Ravi? I have the same question related to an Australian wired trailer connecting to my EU spec trailer connector that came from the factory.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:37 PM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Thought I would add my install to this thread as well since I used it for guidance. I did things slightly different and chose to go with a different location for the control unit and used the factory blank on the dash for the ****. I chose to hard-mount the control unit to one of the support structures for the dash. Basically two long zipties around the unit and vertical support. It’s solid as a rock. It’s hard to see the support from under the dash, but once you pop the switch panel out for the blank, you can see the support much better.

I’m attaching pics of the support and the control unit from the front of the dash, as well as a pic from the bottom of the dash.

Also including pics of the **** post installation. I think it turned out pretty clean.

View of the Redarc unit zip-tied to the vertical support

View from the bottom of the dash upwards

Redarc **** in factory blank

Redarc **** in factory blank

Old 03-01-2022, 07:08 AM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I wanted to add my install to this thread since I used it for inspiration. I did things a little differently as I had less faith in double-sided tape and wanted a solid mounting solution for the control unit. I decided to mount it to one of the vertical supports for the dash. It’s hard to see it from the bottom, but through the access hole for the blank you can see the support.

Additionally I decided to mount the **** for the unit in the factory blank as well. I think it turned out pretty good overall.

You can see the control unit zip-tied to the support through the access hole.

View of the control unit zip-tied to the support from the bottom of the dash.

The **** installed in the factory blank (unsure why the pic rotated…)

Another view of the **** installed in the factory blank

The following users liked this post:
MattF (05-23-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 06:44 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DonMitsu
I was surprised that the towing pack did not include a brake controller. Who's towing and what controller are you using?
Did you get an answer on this one? I an about to fit a Redarc Tow Pro elite, Seems to be compatible if you use the TP06 wiring harness. Typical JRL they are useless and could not answer sa single question oin this

Old 05-24-2022, 09:37 AM
Mudding
Received 119 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow101202
Did you get an answer on this one? I an about to fit a Redarc Tow Pro elite, Seems to be compatible if you use the TP06 wiring harness. Typical JRL they are useless and could not answer sa single question oin this

The Redarc works extremely well. It´s plug and play and installing the controller **** below the emergency brake as shown in this thread is an elegant solution that looks stock

The following users liked this post:
carlmuck (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 04:53 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks DonMitsu

Old 11-06-2022, 12:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 244 Likes on 131 Posts

after much grunting, learning I can no longer get under a dash upside down in the chair and have a pulled muscle in my back to show it, I got the redarc double sided taped mounted into the under dash, and the controller **** mounted under the dimmer **** as others have. I still need to put some foam in the **** as it's loose if you hit the stops but otherwise it appears to be installed.

I say appears as I don't have a trailer yet and was disappointed to learn I can't confirm I did it right. The lack of confidence is mine, as honestly how can you not do it right it's two connections. The only thing I noticed is the connector you plug it into, no matter how much I pushed I couldn't get it to 'latch' in on the brake side. It will pull out if you yank on it, but after it's all tucked in there I don't expect it to yank. I'll just have to test it over time. hope to have a trailer by beginning of 2023 so I can test it then. Glad I got it installed though without too much trouble.

Thanks to the photos for helping guide me along.

Old 11-06-2022, 01:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

I could never get the plug to snap tight either so ended up taping it up. Couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t snap when a similar looking plug I had lying around snapped right in. Anyway, tape has held for over a year.

Old 11-06-2022, 03:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 213 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Tartan
I could never get the plug to snap tight either so ended up taping it up. Couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t snap when a similar looking plug I had lying around snapped right in. Anyway, tape has held for over a year.
Ditto - I need to get back in there with tape or zip tie.