Sponsored by:

Build Spec Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 02:32 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Build Spec Questions

Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks, as we've been tossing around the decision to spec and order a '22 Defender. We're finally ready to pull the trigger. Heading to the dealer this afternoon to place the order.

I'm hoping I can get a few things clarified as we finalize the build spec. We settled on a 110 S, as I'd at least like to have leather and lumbar adjustment. Can anyone confirm that the 'S' still has manual height and sliding adjustments for the seats? I believe that's the case based on the info I've found. Somewhat surprising given the price point, and other standard features the truck comes with, but certainly not a deal breaker.

Regarding the Towing Pack, is there anything else included in the pack that isn't listed on the configurator? As far as I can tell, adding the Adv. Off-road Pack and the standalone trailer hitch is the same, with the exception of the trailer backing assist. Is that correct? I'd rather save the couple hundred on a feature I'll never use, just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any additional trans cooler/HD radiator, alternator upgrades, etc...

Finally, does anyone have pics of a 110 with the 18" alloy wheel option? I'm struggling to find reference images for those particular rims. Bonus points for Tasman Blue.

Thanks!

Old 06-28-2021, 03:22 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

check out this thread for a few samples. The Tasman blue on white steelies is stunning.

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic75199.html

As for your other questions, I believe that the S seats are still manual adjust fore-aft and up-down. The Tow Pack only adds tow assist AFAIK. I didn’t option it for that reason.

S

Old 06-28-2021, 03:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,403 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon14
D110
A110
A110, as in Alpine? Lovely little middie. As a Cayman driver I probably wouldn't switch, but I sure wish we got those over here in the US so I could at least drive one and get to see them on the road occasionally.

Old 06-28-2021, 03:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Simon14
The Tasman blue on white steelies is stunning.
I agree - the steelies are awesome. Sadly, this will be her car, so my preferences take a back seat here and the 18" alloys are the choice. Hoping to at least see a pic of them, but I think they'll look good with the A/T tires.

Thanks for the input on the other items as well!

The following users liked this post:
Simon14 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 05:52 PM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck... if it is not too late, my recent review of the configure system online (post deliver of our base model) the S does include the 12 way power seats which is the one thing I regret not getting. The manual seats are a major issue for me. That said, we got the 18 inch alloys and were nervous that was a bad choice. The tires are monsters on those rims and we did not seem to loose any stature look of the build. Happy with them for sure. The dark alloy wheels will be a bonus in hiding the dirt and break dust. I will go take a picture of the wheels for you now if you still want them.

Simon14 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 06:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 132 Likes on 63 Posts

On the 110S, the slide forward/back is manual. Back tilting is electric. Headrest adjustment (up/down) is manual. There's a round button with 4-way adjustment that is electric -- I think it's lumbar adjustment, but in my limited time playing with it can't seem to feel any difference.

I was originally against the manual seat, but it's so fast to change positions (versus waiting for the power seat to move) that I don't miss it at all.

You'll love the 110S - plenty of power.

Simon14 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 07:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 95 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by kpd122
Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks, as we've been tossing around the decision to spec and order a '22 Defender. We're finally ready to pull the trigger. Heading to the dealer this afternoon to place the order.

I'm hoping I can get a few things clarified as we finalize the build spec. We settled on a 110 S, as I'd at least like to have leather and lumbar adjustment. Can anyone confirm that the 'S' still has manual height and sliding adjustments for the seats? I believe that's the case based on the info I've found. Somewhat surprising given the price point, and other standard features the truck comes with, but certainly not a deal breaker.

Regarding the Towing Pack, is there anything else included in the pack that isn't listed on the configurator? As far as I can tell, adding the Adv. Off-road Pack and the standalone trailer hitch is the same, with the exception of the trailer backing assist. Is that correct? I'd rather save the couple hundred on a feature I'll never use, just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any additional trans cooler/HD radiator, alternator upgrades, etc...

Finally, does anyone have pics of a 110 with the 18" alloy wheel option? I'm struggling to find reference images for those particular rims. Bonus points for Tasman Blue.

Thanks!

I ordered a P300S the other day. Went with the steelies and picked the towing pack in addition to all the off-road options. Figured if nothing else, it may be useful in the future since it includes the assistive tech to tow, not just the tow bar. It isnt much more than doing it piecemeal.

Simon14 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 09:05 PM
Mudding

I cross-shopped the two. The Alpine is really a modern Lotus—very light (1080kg with full fluids) and passive suspension that is quite supple. The Cayman is brilliant, and it was a hard call. In the end, the look of the Alpine and the general philosophy (as well as the rarity) won me over. It feels different to the Cayman, but I couldn’t say one is better than the other. I’d certainly be happy either way because they are the two benchmark cars in the segment in my opinion.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:25 PM
Drifting

Thanks everyone!

Order was placed last night. 8/27 build date with 11/5 delivery as of now. Can't wait! Hopefully it's close to that schedule.

What's the situation with the P300 S leather? Configurator showed leather seats, but the build sheet shows leather/robustec combo. I think I've seen reports of some MY22 ones coming with full leather. Is that the case now?

Old 06-29-2021, 03:41 PM
Mudding

Congrats! I believe they’ve dropped the robustec, but I’m not sure if it temporary or permanent.

Quick Reply: Build Spec Questions