Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can’t log in to my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 09:56 AM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can’t log in to my car

Hi, picked up my p400 110 yesterday. Wonderful car. One thing though. I can’t log in to incontrol in the car. I have an account and I can use the iPhone app but when I try to log in to the car it says connection not possible. Try later. Any ideas?

Old 10-04-2022, 10:36 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Defendra
Hi, picked up my p400 110 yesterday. Wonderful car. One thing though. I can’t log in to incontrol in the car. I have an account and I can use the iPhone app but when I try to log in to the car it says connection not possible. Try later. Any ideas?
i have the same issue, did you figure it out?

Old 10-04-2022, 10:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 159 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Chav
I have the same issue, been trying to connect for over a week. A go through the set up process abs it says it’s connecting then after 48 hours it says it failed and to try again.mine has failed to set up at all.

Old 10-05-2022, 12:45 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by Chav
no, opened a ticket with LR. Please do the same so they are aware there is an issue. Still no response on that

Old 10-05-2022, 01:09 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,499 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Log into your incontrol account on a PC or mac and you will then be able to log into your account via your Defender.

This is the solution that worked for me.

Could not log in via car until this was done.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 01:15 AM
4wd Low

Doesn’t work for me unfortunately

Old 10-05-2022, 08:36 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Had a similar issue. Picked up car three weeks ago. Set up icontrol account and added the car while at dealer (ios app). A day later, the app would not connect and would not acknowledge the car had been added, and then kept giving me messages that it was trying to connect. Online web account would show the car had been added. Occasionally, only once a day or perhaps every two days I would get a location of my car text. It finally woke up after I used the car's 'call center' button and SOS button to make a call; those both took two to three tries to connect. I found that after finally connecting with a rep the system seemed to wake up and the app worked. I also had issues with the auto high beams - they took a few days to activate.

Old 10-05-2022, 08:38 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

2023 Defender 110X United States. Of note, the Icontrol shows my car 150 miles from its actual location; something is wacky.

Old 10-05-2022, 04:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 159 Likes on 97 Posts

Got mine working today. I pressed and held the left phone button on overhead console until it was flashing slowly. Connected to inControl immediately.

Old 10-11-2022, 07:46 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incontrol

Originally Posted by Defendra
I have a new Discovery (2023) and have not been able to register Incontrol. The app won’t work when I sign in (says Try Again) and if I go to the incontrol.landrover.com website and sign in it knows I have a Discovery but says “Activation in process”. Dealer couldn’t help. I called Landrover customer service today and went through the issues with the rep who “started a ticket”. That’s your best bet probably. Waiting to hear back. Also, curiously, the cellular connection the car has made is with TMobile, which the dealer says is the backup network in case AT&T network isn’t available. I had AT&T in a prior Range Rover, but so far in this vehicle (6 days) it’s been TMobile, sometimes with no connection, sometimes 3G and sometimes 4G.

Quick Reply: Can’t log in to my car