Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 02:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Carplay

Which USB ports can you use to connect CarPlay? I'm hoping to hide a wireless carplay receiver somewhere that is not visible.

Old 01-18-2021, 05:44 PM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

I haven’t tested but the manual implies CarPlay will only work through the front console connection.

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/.../proc/G2390340

I just ordered one of the wireless adapters mentioned in other threads.

https://cplay2air.com/products/cplay...RoChUkQAvD_BwE

The following users liked this post:
angelboing (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 09:07 PM
Drifting
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by patpatriot6
I haven’t tested but the manual implies CarPlay will only work through the front console connection.

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/.../proc/G2390340

I just ordered one of the wireless adapters mentioned in other threads.

https://cplay2air.com/products/cplay...RoChUkQAvD_BwE
pat- can those adapters be hidden somewhere ? Would be nice to utilize that along w the phone mount that “hangs” on the crossbeam bar.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:50 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Only the front console USB connects for car play. I also hooked up the cplay2air there but I don't see any way to conceal it unless you get a USB extension.

Old 01-19-2021, 02:04 PM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Agree, it's going to need to sit in the lower tray. Here's hoping a wireless update is coming at some point in the head unit -- good test for LR engineers to see if they can fulfill some of the promise of over the air updates.

Old 01-19-2021, 02:16 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

How is cplay2air working? Any connection issues?

Old 01-19-2021, 02:25 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasBBQ
How is cplay2air working? Any connection issues?
Car play hooked up with no problems. I like to use Waze and it works great. I also have Sirius XM, Pandora & Spotify on my Iphone. I will not renew Sirius when the trial ends. I already added Spotify to the apps so it is wireless. The only problem I had was it did not seem to be recognizing an incoming call and I had to answer through the phone. I haven't worked on that but I am pretty sure I will be able to resolve it.

angelboing (01-19-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 04:16 PM
Winching
Received 226 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjohn581@aol.com
Car play hooked up with no problems. I like to use Waze and it works great. I also have Sirius XM, Pandora & Spotify on my Iphone. I will not renew Sirius when the trial ends. I already added Spotify to the apps so it is wireless. The only problem I had was it did not seem to be recognizing an incoming call and I had to answer through the phone. I haven't worked on that but I am pretty sure I will be able to resolve it.
I also added my spotify account to the apps, but I do not see where and how I can access Spotify. I can easily play Spotify via bluetooth connection like I always did before I added it to the Land Rover Apps. But Spotify does not show up in the apps? What procedure did you use in the car once you added Spotify to the Apps?

Old 01-22-2021, 11:09 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

The Spotify app should install and show up among your audio sources, along with AM radio, FM radio, SiriusXM, etc. You should install TuneIn while you're at it, it's free and it's great if you like to listen to streaming radio stations and podcasts from all over the world (a subscription will remove most commercials, but they aren't a big deal.)

Last edited by umbertob; 01-22-2021 at 11:12 PM.
wcc18999 (01-23-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 06:35 AM
Winching
Received 226 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by umbertob
The Spotify app should install and show up among your audio sources, along with AM radio, FM radio, SiriusXM, etc. You should install TuneIn while you're at it, it's free and it's great if you like to listen to streaming radio stations and podcasts from all over the world (a subscription will remove most commercials, but they aren't a big deal.)
For whatever reason, my spotify does not show under the audio sources even though I went through the motion of linking the spotify account to the Land Rover one. I did get the confirmation email from Land Rover inControl that the account is linked. Too bad the instruction manuals are written poorly to the point where they do not make any sense. This will be another one on my list when I go to the dealer for the 4th time to address the A pillar noise and tapping noises now coming from the rear of the vehicle around the rear gate area. I know, all first world problems....

Quick Reply: Carplay