2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convenience and comfort package?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 06:22 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convenience and comfort package?

Good Day all 😊

My Defender 110 SE just arrived
After 8 months of waiting and our dealer forgot to order the convenience and comfort package which consistsOf the followingSmall refrigerator
WIreless charger
And the multicolor interior lightning
Can i retrofit this package or not?

So far the Defender is perfect i just want these options so bad
​​​​

Old 05-12-2021, 09:49 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Curious if it was listed on your vista order sheet ?

Old 05-13-2021, 01:22 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Curious if it was listed on your vista order sheet ?

This. Pretty unfortunate for that to have happened to you.I didn’t order one with mine as I read apple CarPlay doesn’t work without the cable. I instead went with the x dynamic HSE that has the premium cabin lighting in built.

powerfuluk has a few light options that you can replace the built in ones.

Old 05-13-2021, 11:02 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by p400_au
This. Pretty unfortunate for that to have happened to you.I didn’t order one with mine as I read apple CarPlay doesn’t work without the cable. I instead went with the x dynamic HSE that has the premium cabin lighting in built.

powerfuluk has a few light options that you can replace the built in ones.
Where are you located? The HSE does not include that standard in the USA or Australia (presuming the AU in your name might affiliate to you being an Aussie)

Old 05-13-2021, 12:11 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

...presuming the AU in your name might affiliate to you being an Aussie)
Or he might have a gold Land Rover.

Old 05-13-2021, 02:20 PM
Mudding
Received 167 Likes on 98 Posts

I can't find anywhere that states wireless charging is part of that package. The 2020 Defender S that I test drove had wireless charging and car play and the sticker showed that it had the Comfort and Convenience Pack but does not list that functionality (it lists premium cabin lighting, console fridge and meridian sound).

My dealer has no idea if CarPlay and Qi charging are standard because they only ever order fully loaded models.

Can anyone with a base model Defender confirm they have wireless charging (nice to have for me) and CarPlay (must have)?

Old 05-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 261 Likes on 138 Posts

I have a 20P300S and I order mine with just the Cold Climate, Off-road Pack, and towing pack. Mine came with the wireless charger, I did not order the convenience pack.

Old 05-13-2021, 03:13 PM
Mudding
Received 167 Likes on 98 Posts

That's great to know - thanks very much.

It's crazy we have to figure these things out for ourselves when the dealer doesn't know (or doesn't bother to find out)

Old 05-13-2021, 05:08 PM
Mudding
Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorofRocks
I can't find anywhere that states wireless charging is part of that package. The 2020 Defender S that I test drove had wireless charging and car play and the sticker showed that it had the Comfort and Convenience Pack but does not list that functionality (it lists premium cabin lighting, console fridge and meridian sound).

My dealer has no idea if CarPlay and Qi charging are standard because they only ever order fully loaded models.

Can anyone with a base model Defender confirm they have wireless charging (nice to have for me) and CarPlay (must have)?
If you run the 2022 configurator on the base 110 with no options, no accessories, no packs, in the Standard Features summary, you will see that Apple CarPlay, Android Auto are in the Infotainment section and Wireless Charging is in the Convenience section.

Old 05-13-2021, 07:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are you located? The HSE does not include that standard in the USA or Australia (presuming the AU in your name might affiliate to you being an Aussie)
Your assumption is correct The attached image is of the spec change bulletin that my dealer received here. As you see there the Premium Cabin Lighting (064LC) was a paid option in 21 MY but a Standard option in 22MY (mine is a X-Dynamic HSE). Well I cannot validate until I see one first hand, my dealership has one arriving soon they said and I would go over to see it in person.

Quick Reply: Convenience and comfort package?