Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current MSRP Discount Situation

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 07:26 PM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by sany84
Except one all New Jersey dealers are selling at MSRP even if it’s a retail unit that’s available for pickup in the next couple of weeks. That’s how I’m getting mine in a month. Some New York dealers are also selling at sticker price. PA, MA, CT dealers are all selling 10 k above. Many Nj dealers still have couple in stock at sticker price.
That’s not accurate. I’m in CT ordered / bought mine in NY at msrp, know a fellow CT who bought his at msrp in CT etc. it depends on the dealership not geography

The following users liked this post:
EasternShoreDefender (10-07-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 11:27 AM
Winching
Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by evomind
They dont actually have the vehicles.
They do. I can see at least 20 Defenders on the lot.

Royalist (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 12:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason_B
Yeah but are they sold custom or inbound orders is the question?

Old 10-08-2022, 06:41 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Call and inquire about them. Many buyers will have the dealer add accessories upon arrival so it’s quite possible that many of them are accounted for but you might get lucky and score one, but not below MSRP.

Last edited by gbandit; 10-08-2022 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:58 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The Defender I ordered from LR CherryHill NJ was up on their site as soon as it got on the lot. I think it’s just in case the deal falls apart. It was there for a week before I could pick it up. I got it for msrp no markup no extra charges other then taxes and tags. Their interest rate was a little high but they had no problem with me using outside financing. I think that’s about the best your going to get right now.

DeadEndMike (07-30-2023)
Old 10-08-2022, 07:53 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Except one all New Jersey dealers are selling at MSRP even if it’s a retail unit that’s available for pickup in the next couple of weeks. That’s how I’m getting mine in a month. Some New York dealers are also selling at sticker price. PA, MA, CT dealers are all selling 10 k above. Many Nj dealers still have couple in stock at sticker price.
will any of those dealers sell to a MA resident?

Old 10-08-2022, 08:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

I doubt as the area restriction is imposed by JLR. Unless you can provide a local address or have someone buy and sell it to you. I explored this option to buy from Florida (from NJ) and it was doable but I couldn’t get the rig options I was looking for. So dropped.

Old 10-08-2022, 10:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

I doubt as the area restriction is imposed by JLR. …
I don’t think the area restriction is from
JLR? Many of us have bought from out of state. I live in Seattle and bought (at MSRP) from my previous dealer in Phoenix. They are willing to sell to me and title and license in WA state for me.

Old 10-08-2022, 11:02 PM
4wd High
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I am from Los Angeles and I reached out to multiple out of state dealers to get a Defender at MSRP or minimal ADM with no luck. None of them would sell out of state. Finally went with a local dealership that was willing to do $5k ADM for my custom order.

Old 10-08-2022, 11:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

If they are physically there they almost certainly won't be inventory units. It's going to be a while before dealers are getting unallocated cars for general sale. My local dealer also shows 61 units available, but my local dealer here in San Jose is connected to the same group as Land Rover Newport Beach, Los Angeles and Pasadena and those units are distributed between all of them as they have access to each other's inventory. Many of these 61 units are in transit and many/most/nearly all will already have a buyer attached to them. My Bronco and my F150 Lightning showed up as stock units on my local Ford dealer's website too, but that was simply because their website autopopulates from a feed from Ford. If you'd called and inquired about them, they would not have been available for purchase.

Quick Reply: Current MSRP Discount Situation