Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender 90 First Edition Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 08:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
This seems to be only the 90's that are having structural issues? Any 110's involved? All 2021's or?
Wondering the same thing. What was the build date?

Old 06-15-2021, 08:35 AM
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by clb87
Wondering the same thing. What was the build date?
Its a 2021 Defender First Edition.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:06 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Structural/Panel issues

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
This seems to be only the 90's that are having structural issues? Any 110's involved? All 2021's or?
So far I have only heard of the 2021 90’s having these issues in addition to the other quirks of the infotainment system…Reeves JLR here in Tampa is a high volume dealership and the first allotment of 90’s with the exception of 4 were purchased by employees, I was the first D90 X , and during the last attempt to fix it the top technician told me that every 90 that had come through was showing signs of the same problem, but he wasn’t allowed to give it to me in writing…During a conversation with the facility manager one day while stopping by to check on it, I asked her how she was enjoying her D90, she was one of the employees that got her’s the same day as mine…she just raved about it and went on about how she hadn’t had a single issue with hers yet, which was really funny since I had just left the service department after having the conversation with Jose about how he had seen it in every 90 so far, and noticed a black one on the rack across from mine…IT WAS HERS!! she had no idea I had just come from the service bay.. I have pictures of mine all torn apart that I will try to post..

Old 06-17-2021, 03:17 PM
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I've heard from the dealership sales person that early 90's are having these issues - pillars rattles being the most frequent. Im unable to get this in writing from my service-guys as well; previously they did acknowledge it to be a manufacturing issue - by two different service-managers and technicians. My vehicle has been at the dealership for about three weeks straight now and what baffles me the most is why it would take this long, when they have stated it to be a simple spot-welding fix. I still feel these are structural issues and need to be looked at the factory.

Last edited by vrover90; 06-17-2021 at 03:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GFranklin (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

When did the first D90s arrived to the US and what were their build dates? Does anyone know?

Old 06-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Drifting
Default 90 Build

Originally Posted by Juancl
When did the first D90s arrived to the US and what were their build dates? Does anyone know?
I will get my paperwork out but I know that as of the 19th of January no more changes could be made, and we took possession 3/31…

Old 06-17-2021, 04:20 PM
Drifting

This is the silencing material that they tried on the last attempt…the other tape was there when the panels first came off…Does anyone else see the difference in the metal that runs along the window in mine vs vrovers? Mine looks like it was assembled by gorillas with hammers lol 😆

Old 06-17-2021, 07:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 234 Likes on 110 Posts

Can someone point out the location of where the “overlapped” panel that the body shop is supposedly going to use welding to fix this issue?

Old 06-17-2021, 07:33 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 234 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by GFranklin
This is the silencing material that they tried on the last attempt…the other tape was there when the panels first came off…Does anyone else see the difference in the metal that runs along the window in mine vs vrovers? Mine looks like it was assembled by gorillas with hammers lol 😆
can you elaborate on this please, GFranklin?

Old 06-17-2021, 08:14 PM
Drifting
Default D90 pics

Originally Posted by sacharama
can you elaborate on this please, GFranklin?
First of all there’s no possible way for someone to point out a place that would need to be spot welded unless you were with the car and the tech to point it out..I’m equally sure vrover’s technician didn’t bring them out to the car and point out manufacturing defects..! And in his later post he explains that now the tech is wording the problem differently, most likely after the service advisor, or manager found out what he originally said…This is of course my opinion and wording not vrover’s

Now as far as my pictures go, they are pretty self explanatory… it shows the panels out of the vehicle and they have completed the layer of the white colored insulation on one of the panels, that was supposed to fix my problem but it didn’t…but what surprised me was how different the same vehicle with the same panels removed looked, they don’t have pieces of heat protective tape all over the place, and bits of foam sticking out from behind edges of things, the only thing I can assume is that it is stuff used in any one of the 4 times it was taken apart to be fixed but didn’t work…but again they never brought me out and pointed out every spot that they worked on…And as far as welding goes on my vehicle I was never told that mine needed welding, but if it turned out to be what was causing the problems on vrover’s D90 that I would like to share the info with my service advisor to possibly help speed things up…But I was told by Jose the head technician that every D90 that has come through the shop or showroom floor for sale was being checked and they were all having the same problem as mine..!

Quick Reply: Defender 90 First Edition Issues