Sponsored by:

Defender Being Delivered - How Long is the Boat Ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 09:07 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defender Being Delivered - How Long is the Boat Ride

Good morning!!

I recently ordered a Defender 110 from the new dealer in Tallahassee, FL. The dealer told me that my Defender was on it's way on the boat and had been on board for about 10 days.... do any of you know about how long it takes for the barge to journey across the Atlantic? My guess is that my Defender is headed for Savannah or Jacksonville harbor.

Thank you in advance!! I'm eager to get my new car (it's about 20 days past due)... any information is appreciated.

Stephen

Old 11-30-2023, 08:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

Should be about 10 days of transit once the ship leaves the final European port, really depends on where they leave from and weather. Did they give you any shipping info? You can use vessel tracker to watch the ship leave the port in Europe. Once it hits the open ocean you'll need to wait for it to be closer to the US before you get a new update.
If you are a super nerd like me you can stalk the port that it will arrive in and see what berth it is slated for, along with the time in port.

You'll lose track of it again after the ship arrives in port. It's being offloaded into a parking lot before getting set up on a truck.

Edit - Here's what I did when I was tracking mine. I posted it out there on another thread.

You'll probably need to ask your sales person for an update. I asked mine and he sent a screenshot of the ship name and port arrival dates (but not the port names).

If you're a couple weeks out you'll need to do some digging to find the voyage number so you can track it. I wasn't supplied with the voyage number, and that number makes it much easier to track.
For instance. My ship is called THEBEN. I found it on Vessel Tracker and saw that it's heading for Southampton. I googled "vessel tracking theben voyage" which gave me a link to the transporter which is Wallenius Wilhelmsen.

On their site I can find THEBEN's entire voyage and can cross check it with where it should be arriving today (Southampton), and that it has a US destination on its manifest.
Now I can see that it's going to unload in Baltimore between 7/25 and 7/28. My delivery confirmation from the sales rep said it would unload on 7/25, but didn't say where, and there are two US stops for this ship. But now I can confirm it's Baltimore.

You could totally geek out and about three days out go to the Port of Baltimore and look for the arrival schedule for THEBEN as well. They don't post those too far out though.

Now once it hits land I'm not sure how to track the truck. I was just happy to be able to track the ship.

https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/...mber=EF314-THN

Last edited by chpsk8; 11-30-2023 at 08:06 PM.