Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender DEALBREAKER !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 01:17 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by L_Pretender_R
Not the case. My SA was trying to brush it off by saying they’ll do it at port or the parts department will have it done. Why would the port just have headlights just sitting there and two the parts department has no idea what I’m talking about.

JLR has some of the most uneducated brand sales people I have ever come Across. They are literally there just to sell Range Rovers to suburban housewife’s. You should see their defender inventories. It’s all mall crawlers
What the hell. I'd be pissed. And will be I suppose if that's how mine shows up. Which, seems likely. The only difference in build is that I didn't get the explorer pack, but I did get the lunchbox. **** the haters, I think it's cool! haha

Old 01-28-2021, 01:32 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick4
What the hell. I'd be pissed. And will be I suppose if that's how mine shows up. Which, seems likely. The only difference in build is that I didn't get the explorer pack, but I did get the lunchbox. **** the haters, I think it's cool! haha
If it’s not your daily driver then you’ve got yourself an amazing rig. But if you need to go places, on dates, events, etc... and you’re in a luxury brand vehicle showing up with plastic halos on the headlights and semi cloth semi manual seats you played yourself.

Old 01-28-2021, 02:46 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

If it’s not your daily driver then you’ve got yourself an amazing rig. But if you need to go places, on dates, events, etc... and you’re in a luxury brand vehicle showing up with plastic halos on the headlights and semi cloth semi manual seats you played yourself.
I've had a 98 Discovery for the last 17 years. I've had an LR3 and Range Rover during that time frame. A few years ago, the Range Rover got obliterated by a tornado. So I pocketed the cash and went back to driving my first Land Rover love every day and have been since.

I've stuck with it so long now, that I actually get compliments on it pretty damn often and sort of drive it as a weird badge of honor. I wear a suit to work everyday and climb in and out of my old *** Land Rover (trail dents, scratches and all), and when people I work with see it for the first time the usual response is, "That's yours? I've been wondering who drives that everyday. Totally makes sense it belongs to you!" So apparently it fits me, lol. But, literally anything at this point is an upgrade, luxury-wise.

I'm still with you on the frustration. I knew about the seats at least, but the LED situation is bothering me. Guess I'll find out.

The following users liked this post:
Moretti (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 05:49 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

IMO if you want more luxury jump up to the x dynamic HSE as the SE models will end up pricing closer to it anyway. With the S and base model you have the more utilitarian type that connects more towards the defenders of old....

I see an appeal to the S model as its a little more humble. Not everyone wants to be flashy.

I have not yet decided yet on what I am going to order, but leading to toward the HSE as my appreciation of nice things outweighs my appeals of "utilitarian cool."

Either way both an S and HSE are expensive. Its all a luxury. If you can afford it dont waste money on something that does not bring you happiness.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:28 PM
4wd Low
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The base seats are very similar to my 2019 Wrangler and lack proper thigh support. I drove both a S and SE. The upgraded SE seats are much more comfortable. I agree that the seats are pretty basic for a $50K SUV... after driving both the SE will be the model i'll order.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:35 PM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

For the record, the S has LED headlights and LED DRLs (at least on the 2020s). They do not look cheap, but they are not the halos unless you spec that package. If it's important to you, then it's important to you -- you should get what you want when you're shelling out this much cash. I see the point that any vehicle at this price point shouldn't really mess around with something this small. It is also strange that the seats aren't full power and memory... I mean you get those on cars that cost a fraction. No one else drives my Defender, and I don't adjust it once it's set -- it would drive me nuts if there were other drivers of the vehicle or did frequent adjustments. For me, the partial fabric is a feature, not a bug -- I find the cliche to be true that they are warmer in winter and cooler in summer. I do think the fabric itself might have been a bit of a miss given the reported wear issue (I treated mine the minute I read about these reports).

Old 01-28-2021, 06:37 PM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBell
The base seats are very similar to my 2019 Wrangler and lack proper thigh support. I drove both a S and SE. The upgraded SE seats are much more comfortable. I agree that the seats are pretty basic for a $50K SUV... after driving both the SE will be the model i'll order.
Are they the same as X seats?

Old 01-28-2021, 06:56 PM
Drifting

Thank you all so much for you input and help. Can any of you recommend me another luxury off roader? I really don’t want to get another sport car but at this point I don’t have any other options.

Additionally, do you think the dealership will loan me a car if I build another model? I have sold my ///M3 already and am carless for the foreseeable future. Thanks in advance...

Old 01-28-2021, 09:13 PM
4wd Low

Thank you all so much for you input and help. Can any of you recommend me another luxury off roader? I really don’t want to get another sport car but at this point I don’t have any other options.

Additionally, do you think the dealership will loan me a car if I build another model? I have sold my ///M3 already and am carless for the foreseeable future. Thanks in advance...
Unrelated question, what’s with all of the /// stuff? Is this a thing amongst BMW owners, because I have never seen anyone write it like that before.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:20 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ILikeTacos
Unrelated question, what’s with all of the /// stuff? Is this a thing amongst BMW owners, because I have never seen anyone write it like that before.
lol no I’m just a fan boy

Quick Reply: Defender DEALBREAKER !!!