Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender Square Delete?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 12:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ADVAW8S
Something to think about, Powerful UK is about to drop a side panel that you will be able to put Rotopaxs on. I like the square as another layer of protection when I put the panel on.
That’s a great point, any idea as to when they will be listing it on the site? I think I heard something similar about a month ago.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 261 Likes on 138 Posts

Powerful UK did an update and said the panels were almost ready to go for production when a US person mentioned to him about Rotopax. He reached out to Rotopax and they are now working with him to make a version that you can mount Rotopax. I figure it is a couple of months out still.

Old 03-25-2021, 06:14 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ADVAW8S
Powerful UK did an update and said the panels were almost ready to go for production when a US person mentioned to him about Rotopax. He reached out to Rotopax and they are now working with him to make a version that you can mount Rotopax. I figure it is a couple of months out still.
I’d be interested to see how this is implemented. It’s nice to see folks collaborating like that.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:31 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

nailing plywood on a broken window? not sure about that. the random useless square resembles a piece of plywood on a broken window more

painting the square black would be much more expensive that the Lucky option

overall i happy with the purchase. It would of cost 150 to wrap it and i have noticed that black wrap scratches pretty easy. the dots are barely noticeable

only issue is the cost which obviously wasn’t that big of a deal for me since i bought it. i don’t know how much those badges cost but assume atleast 40 bucks each

QUOTE=TheMoke;767012]Defender Square Delete? It looks really really really crap! It’s like nailing plywood to a broken window. If I was you, I would get some duct tape to cover up the square. It will be a lot cheaper and look better to boot.

If you really don’t like the body colored square, get someone to professionally spray the square black. With polishing compound it will look a million times better than a few plastics bungs and a LR badge that looks totally out of place.[/QUOTE]

The following users liked this post:
Olivier2020 (04-17-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 06:37 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by TheMoke
Defender Square Delete? It looks really really really crap! It’s like nailing plywood to a broken window. If I was you, I would get some duct tape to cover up the square. It will be a lot cheaper and look better to boot.

If you really don’t like the body colored square, get someone to professionally spray the square black. With polishing compound it will look a million times better than a few plastics bungs and a LR badge that looks totally out of place.
I have no experience nailing plywood to broken windows so I’m just not able to visualize that but I’ll take your word. Why wouldn’t you just replace your windows with other windows? If your concern is the cost and your answer is having it professionally painted then I have to assume you know some professional painters who hate money? Anyways, If you’d like your squares professionally wrapped in duct tape I will do it for you free of charge…. I’ll even let you pick the color. I also do painters tape, plumber’s tape, and masking tape wraps but I’d have to charge you for those premium wraps.

TheMoke (03-26-2021)
Old 04-17-2021, 07:21 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing the squares

i am looking at the Lucky 8 and I think it looks good.
how did you remove the plastic squares?
i want to make sure I don’t damage anything.
thank you

Originally Posted by Ehloo
nailing plywood on a broken window? not sure about that. the random useless square resembles a piece of plywood on a broken window more

painting the square black would be much more expensive that the Lucky option

overall i happy with the purchase. It would of cost 150 to wrap it and i have noticed that black wrap scratches pretty easy. the dots are barely noticeable

only issue is the cost which obviously wasn’t that big of a deal for me since i bought it. i don’t know how much those badges cost but assume atleast 40 bucks each

QUOTE=TheMoke;767012]Defender Square Delete? It looks really really really crap! It’s like nailing plywood to a broken window. If I was you, I would get some duct tape to cover up the square. It will be a lot cheaper and look better to boot.

If you really don’t like the body colored square, get someone to professionally spray the square black. With polishing compound it will look a million times better than a few plastics bungs and a LR badge that looks totally out of place.
[/QUOTE]

Old 04-18-2021, 10:23 AM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

they are just double sided tape to the glass. i used a plastic pry tool to get some leverage and just used a razor blade to cut the tape. then scraped the blade againest the glass and removed most of the double sided tape

if you ever messed with double side tape it’s not fun to remove. but it’s much easier when it’s on a surface that is hard to damage.

took me maybe 45 mins for the complete i stall. most of the time was removing the tape

Originally Posted by Olivier2020
i am looking at the Lucky 8 and I think it looks good.
how did you remove the plastic squares?
i want to make sure I don’t damage anything.
thank you

[/QUOTE]

Old 06-16-2021, 09:31 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ehloo, those rims looks nice, are those Black Rhinos? What are the ET?

Old 08-13-2021, 12:24 PM
Mudding
Received 267 Likes on 107 Posts

PowerFulUK has a panel-delete-kit for around $15 US (plus shipping):

https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/...ers-black.html

Last edited by dj200; 08-13-2021 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:44 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I wrapped the square and A pillar with black vinyl. Really happy with the results

TimLoc (08-14-2021)

Quick Reply: Defender Square Delete?