2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender trophy edition thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 07:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

I recently got rid of my beloved 2013 RRS HSE LUX and picked up a Trophy Edition with the winch (I was told it was one of two that currently have the actual winch). Wasn't cheap. I very much like the look. However, as some have noted on other vehicles, there are a few areas on mine that also require attention - nothing major, but as I told my dealer for what I paid, I shouldn't expect any issues. The dealer has been responsive and they heard back form LRNA who have promised to make it right. All that said, I plan on wrapping in Expel PPF to help protect the wrap and I have asked the dealer to see if if he can order a pair of door decals so I can have as a backup - can't imagine trying to get these down the road if ever needed.

I recently drove my daughter to school in this rig (approx. 500 miles round trip) and no issues at all. While not quite as comfortable as my old sport, it was an enjoyable ride (love the upgrades in technology over my Sport).

I will try to post more in the next week or so, in addition to the Expel PPF, I plan on getting the checkered protection kit (will re-finish in gloss to match) and bright side tubes (will powder coat black).

Was told by the dealer that I was one of the first 90, so I made the cutoff for the Trophy event in Asheville - waiting to hear more.

Last edited by Craig_RRS2013; 08-25-2021 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Typo
The following 3 users liked this post by Craig_RRS2013:
DonMitsu (08-25-2021), GrouseK9 (08-25-2021), _Allegedly (08-25-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 08:05 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig_RRS2013
I recently got rid of my beloved 2013 RRS HSE LUX and picked up a Trophy Edition with the winch (I was told it was one of two that currently have the actual winch). Wasn't cheap. I very much like the look. However, as some have noted on other vehicles, there are a few areas on mine that also require attention - nothing major, but as I told my dealer for what I paid, I shouldn't expect any issues. The dealer has been responsive and they heard back form LRNA who have promised to make it right. All that said, I plan on wrapping in Expel PPF to help protect the wrap and I have asked the dealer to see if if he can order a pair of door decals so I can have as a backup - can't imagine trying to get these down the road if ever needed.

I recently drove my daughter to school in this rig (approx. 500 miles round trip) and no issues at all. While not quiet as comfortable as my old sport, it was an enjoyable ride (love the upgrades in technology over my Sport).

I will try to post more in the next week or so, in addition to the Expel PPF, I plan on getting the checkered protection kit (will re-finish in gloss to match) and bright side tubes (will powder coat black).

Was told by the dealer that I was one of the first 90, so I made the cutoff for the Trophy event in Asheville - waiting to hear more.
Oh yes. We really need you to start a dedicated thread for this competition!

I think I speak for everyone here when I say we're all in to push you further than you ever thought you could go.

Last edited by _Allegedly; 08-25-2021 at 08:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Craig_RRS2013 (08-25-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 12:22 PM
Three Wheeling

Registered for the Trophy event in Asheville, NC. Looking forward to it!

_Allegedly (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 12:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig_RRS2013
Registered for the Trophy event in Asheville, NC. Looking forward to it!
What are the dates? I'm going up in early January with my son because it's included with the Defender.

Will they extend the same offer to you as well even though it also includes the competition? I would think so and it could be good prep for the event.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:59 PM
Three Wheeling

The Trophy Competition is the week of October 11th, I will be there October 13-15.

Old 08-27-2021, 12:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts
Default Saw the Trophy version in person

I just came home from picking up my 135K miles 2011 LR4 from dealer service. The fuel pump ECU had failed (tests showed it is no longer is able to ground the fuel pump -- problem is inside the ECU). The great news is that the new, replacement part I bought off ebay worked perfectly. I had to shop there because the controller is not available anyplace else -- and no promise dates are available.

This is the second time in the life of the vehicle it has died on me and required a flat bed truck. The first was at 50K miles, after the transmission lines gave out and I sprayed trans fluid over several miles of the interstate (covered by warranty).

At the dealer was their unsold Trophy edition vehicle -- very interesting. The color and graphics (which looked interesting) appeared to NOT be paint, but is the newfangled body wrap available these days -- possibly it looks like the wrap was applied over a black DEFENDER underpaint?

The U.S. winch tray, H collision cover, and front undertray were installed. But, NO WINCH was in place (!). So, for those waiting for a winch, they are not going to the Trophies' versions either, it seems.

I took pictures of the pricing label, but cannot really be seen because of reflections / sun light. Here is what it said:

Model: 2022 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE
Color: Santorini Black
interior: ebony / ebony / ebony
out the door price: $91,350 USD
20" wheels w/ I6 P400
Options:

Trophy Edition graphics / accessories: $14,955 USD
Cold Climate Pack $700
Advanced Off-road capability pack $750
Off-road pack (includes rear ediff/ w torque vector by braking) $1550
Air Suspension pack $1600
Tow hitch receiver
some other small accessories I cannot read

I am excited to hear how the experience at the Biltmore goes. Enjoy !

angelboing (08-29-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 12:24 PM
Mudding
Received 108 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
At the dealer was their unsold Trophy edition vehicle -- very interesting. The color and graphics (which looked interesting) appeared to NOT be paint, but is the newfangled body wrap available these days -- possibly it looks like the wrap was applied over a black DEFENDER underpaint?
In a best-case scenario, a wrap will last about five years. These are going to be severely disappointing for people expecting it to be wrapped long-term.

Old 08-27-2021, 12:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 261 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
I just came home from picking up my 135K miles 2011 LR4 from dealer service. The fuel pump ECU had failed (tests showed it is no longer is able to ground the fuel pump -- problem is inside the ECU). The great news is that the new, replacement part I bought off ebay worked perfectly. I had to shop there because the controller is not available anyplace else -- and no promise dates are available.

This is the second time in the life of the vehicle it has died on me and required a flat bed truck. The first was at 50K miles, after the transmission lines gave out and I sprayed trans fluid over several miles of the interstate (covered by warranty).

The U.S. winch tray, H collision cover, and front undertray were installed. But, NO WINCH was in place (!). So, for those waiting for a winch, they are not going to the Trophies' versions either, it seems.

I took pictures of the pricing label, but cannot really be seen because of reflections / sun light. Here is what it said:

Model: 2022 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE
Color: Santorini Black
interior: ebony / ebony / ebony
out the door price: $91,350 USD
20" wheels w/ I6 P400
Options:

Trophy Edition graphics / accessories: $14,955 USD
Cold Climate Pack $700
Advanced Off-road capability pack $750
Off-road pack (includes rear ediff/ w torque vector by braking) $1550
Air Suspension pack $1600
Tow hitch receiver
some other small accessories I cannot read

I am excited to hear how the experience at the Biltmore goes. Enjoy !
The easiest color to wrap a car is black as eyes ignore the black thinking it is trim. As others have pointed out, the wrap will last 5 years depending on the abuse and care but no matter what by year 7 the owner will need to replace it or have it rewrapped. I dont know if you have been paying attention but Steve Burt and LR Denver is at it again and are building a Trophy Edition. He has taken the TE and is the process of just doing a 5-inch frame lift and throwing on 37. He is adding a winch but that looks like the only tweaks. Look forward to seeing the final product.

The following 3 users liked this post by ADVAW8S:
GrouseK9 (08-27-2021), MattEvan (08-27-2021), TrioLRowner (08-29-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 01:13 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,297 Likes on 948 Posts

15k for a yellow wrap, a competition entry and and an empty winch tray.

The following 3 users liked this post by GavinC:
GrouseK9 (08-27-2021), heliochrome85 (08-29-2021), MattEvan (08-27-2021)
Old 08-28-2021, 10:47 PM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my Trophy Edition today and I couldn't be happier - drives like a dream, I can live with the wrap getting destroyed. I am waiting to hear back on the Asheville experience as the dealer didn't have the entry form in hand but assured me I was within the first 90. Any sort of confirmation I should be expecting from LR?

Quick Reply: Defender trophy edition thoughts