Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defender X - Less Flat Load Floor Storage

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 03:21 PM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Defender X - Less Flat Load Floor Storage

Ordered a 2024 Defender X last month. Delivery date is January 2024. Excited to join the Defender family.

One question for all of you that the dealer hasn't been able to clearly answer. The order details says the following:

"024DA Less Flat Load Floor Storage"

Any idea what this means? I'm concerned it means the rear seats do not fold completely flat, but my understanding is that the rear seats in all 110 Defenders fold flat.

(Note the "Less" is lowercase instead of uppercase. Not sure what the significance of that is.)

Old 10-10-2023, 01:52 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Less just means it's not installed, and case shouldn't matter. If I remember correctly that specific phrase is specifically referring to a setup for the commercial versions only available over in the EU; the way they have their spec sheets for the dealerships have all of the options for the entire world on the sheet; for example there will be a "less fire extinguisher" or something to that extent as well, even though no car in the US that I'm aware of comes with one, but other parts of the world require it, and there will be a bunch of other stuff like that throughout as well.

Your back seats in a 2024 X should fold completely flat (mine do) it just requires folding up the bench prior to folding them over. I do not think the third row will fold completely flat if you optioned that in your 110 though, but you'd have to ask someone that has that. If you just have the 2 rows and you're in North America you're 100% fine.

Last edited by beda911; 10-10-2023 at 01:55 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:08 AM
4wd High

That’s a relief. Thanks for the detailed response. Looking forward to January.

Old 10-10-2023, 02:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 418 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by GTD15
Ordered a 2024 Defender X last month. Delivery date is January 2024. Excited to join the Defender family.

One question for all of you that the dealer hasn't been able to clearly answer. The order details says the following:

"024DA Less Flat Load Floor Storage"

Any idea what this means? I'm concerned it means the rear seats do not fold completely flat, but my understanding is that the rear seats in all 110 Defenders fold flat.

(Note the "Less" is lowercase instead of uppercase. Not sure what the significance of that is.)
I have a friend with an X and his seats do not fold completely flat but I think that is due to the fact that he has a third row... I believe if you don't have the third row they will fold flat. His seats you had to push down hard and they would "lock" down but not be flat. VS, in my base you pull the bottom of the second row up and then fold the backs down and it goes flat.

Maybe some people with an X or third rows can chime in and confirm.

Old 10-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,505 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Originally Posted by inater
I have a friend with an X and his seats do not fold completely flat but I think that is due to the fact that he has a third row... I believe if you don't have the third row they will fold flat. His seats you had to push down hard and they would "lock" down but not be flat. VS, in my base you pull the bottom of the second row up and then fold the backs down and it goes flat.

Maybe some people with an X or third rows can chime in and confirm.
Yes. Any seven seater 110, regardless of trim, will have a second row that does not fold flat. Equally, any 110 with no third row will have a fully flat-folding second row.

110 seven seater. Second row folded as flat as they go.

The following 2 users liked this post by GavinC:
inater (10-10-2023), longtrip68 (01-24-2024)
Old 10-10-2023, 04:27 PM
4wd High

I’m getting a 5-seater, so expectation based on these responses is completely flat load area. If I’m surprised with something else come January, I’ll update. Thanks again!

The following users liked this post:
inater (10-10-2023)
Old 01-24-2024, 09:46 PM
Mudding
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I am so glad I looked at this forum regarding the lack of flat cargo area with 7-seat option. I had no idea that was a compromise with the 7-seat version. Poor design on JLR’s part, as my 7-seat Disco V is completely flat with all seats down, so they certainly could have designed that into the Defender too. Anyway will avoid the 7-seat version during my hunt. Bummer, because even though I don’t use my 4rd row much, it comes in handy occasionally. However, a flat cargo area comes in way more handy!

Old 01-24-2024, 09:50 PM
Mudding
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
Yes. Any seven seater 110, regardless of trim, will have a second row that does not fold flat. Equally, any 110 with no third row will have a fully flat-folding second row.

110 seven seater. Second row folded as flat as they go.
Your answer is very on-point. But just so that I am crystal clear before buying a 7-seat defender: Is there NO WAY to obtain a flat cargo area with second row folded down?

Old 01-24-2024, 10:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by longtrip68
Your answer is very on-point. But just so that I am crystal clear before buying a 7-seat defender: Is there NO WAY to obtain a flat cargo area with second row folded down?
You are correct. The second row seats fold down differently in an 7 seater than they do in an 5 seater. Although another member made a cool camping set up with some boards that pieced together to make a flat surface in a 7 seater for their kids to sleep on when camping.

Old 01-24-2024, 10:45 PM
Mudding
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Your 110 should be find. Bigger issue on the 90. Quite confusing on what will be delivered on the 90 irrespective of what was ordered.

Quick Reply: Defender X - Less Flat Load Floor Storage