Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount to aim for

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 08:53 AM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Discount to aim for

Hi all new here. Sold my X5 and looking to place an order for a new 110. This is my first Land Rover so would appreciate any advice on what sort of discount is realistic / achieveable. What does “good” look like?

I’m based in Canada if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:14 PM
Winching
Received 245 Likes on 173 Posts

For 2021 models there does not seem to be one. They did have a $1000 allowance credit for 2020 vehicles. I am working on a factory order and my local dealership essentially said be thankful we are not selling above MSRP. They are also selling every defender they get in almost faster than they can get the photographs for.

The following users liked this post:
russelldav (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 12:23 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well I am not surprised they have said that LOL but I would expect between 5-10% off MSRP for the base vehicle and maybe up to 20% off accessories and for them to still comfortably make a gross profit so I don’t believe there isn’t any room to negotiate. Just interested in what others are achieving?

Old 01-16-2021, 12:43 PM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered my 110 SE on Monday last week. They did straight MSRP with no discounts. When I tried to haggle, they just said no. They haven’t had one hit the lot that wasn’t sold already. I guess the Defender is pretty popular despite what some youtubers have to say...

Old 01-16-2021, 12:44 PM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got 1000 off sticker, my dealer only had two in stock and I wanted a green first edition. I love driving it.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:58 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by PNW DEFENDER
I got 1000 off sticker, my dealer only had two in stock and I wanted a green first edition. I love driving it.
That’s cool, I wish my dealer had one to buy other than a 90K X model... However, it’s nice knowing I’m getting exactly the rig I want.

Last edited by JHDefender; 01-16-2021 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:02 PM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

I received 2K off sticker (1K was technically a rebate, which means they consider it only 1K off sticker) and very fair trade in (KBB match vs the usual game about auction value, etc.,) for an in stock 2020 in early January 2021. Honestly, I got some expensive equipment that I didn’t want (third row, heated third row seats and the tri zone climate) that more than ate up the discount. An order at MSRP to get exactly what you want is not unfair IMO. I didn’t want to wait and the rest of the build was close to exact for me, which is why I went forward. I never buy the dealer add on stuff and they were knocking tons off just by frowning... so maybe make a play for some accessories? Had I not wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as possible I might have seen what I could have negotiated for maintenance plan.

Old 01-16-2021, 01:28 PM
Overlanding

Yeah, I’m not mad at all for the MSRP deal on an order especially since every one is sold before it hits the lot.

Last edited by JHDefender; 01-16-2021 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:15 PM
Drifting
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by patpatriot6
I received 2K off sticker (1K was technically a rebate, which means they consider it only 1K off sticker) and very fair trade in (KBB match vs the usual game about auction value, etc.,) for an in stock 2020 in early January 2021. Honestly, I got some expensive equipment that I didn’t want (third row, heated third row seats and the tri zone climate) that more than ate up the discount. An order at MSRP to get exactly what you want is not unfair IMO. I didn’t want to wait and the rest of the build was close to exact for me, which is why I went forward. I never buy the dealer add on stuff and they were knocking tons off just by frowning... so maybe make a play for some accessories? Had I not wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as possible I might have seen what I could have negotiated for maintenance plan.
Pat- same here w discount. Which dealer for you? Guessing in MA by username.
i had a few by phone that flatly stated 1k factory rebate was it and that was only for in stock or transit.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Be thankful you can get them at MRSP. I went to the Kia dealership to see what all the fuss about the Teluride was about. Looked at inside, didn't bother to drive it. Anyway, the stealer said that they'd let me have it for only $5K over the MRSP, and that most dealerships closer to NYC are selling them for as much as $10K over sticker. I've never heard of that before. Seems pretty outrageous. Even if I were in the market for one out of principle I'd them to shove it.

Quick Reply: Discount to aim for