Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Fender Flares US Spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 07:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 78 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
dis you paint then yourself? if not what did the body shop charge. i remember your early post about this.

did you ppf the front fender? that’s my plan
Painted myself, no PPF yet... Definitely not a novice job, lots of prep work to get a proper job and if you don't use the right process and materials.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (01-20-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 09:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelr
Extended arch protectors US spec painted gloss black to match X package trim.

That looks absolutely amazing.

Beautiful rig.

The following 2 users liked this post by Count Laszlo:
mikelr (01-20-2022), mopadzi (01-21-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 01:23 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,253 Likes on 672 Posts

Yep, MikeLR - that's what I'm after. (Eiger Grey X model and want to get the flares and have them painted black to match!)

LR needs to step it up and offer them. I'd gladly pay for them painted. I'm sure others would too.

Old 01-22-2022, 11:02 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah you just unplug them and push it back into the body. i wrapped the connector is a bunch of tape to try to make it waterproof. no errors or check engine lights

when are you planning to install your vulcan pieces. i like that they are painted and just wanting to make sure they fit properly
I'm going to give it a shot this morning and see how it goes. I figure I'll do the same as you and if LR ever comes out with their own Gloss Arches with the side marker lights I can swap to those later.

Old 01-22-2022, 01:03 PM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

if you haven’t seen the video its pretty in depth

i installed my oem euro spec on my p400

love to see the fitment. about to order

Originally Posted by hoss_vw
I'm going to give it a shot this morning and see how it goes. I figure I'll do the same as you and if LR ever comes out with their own Gloss Arches with the side marker lights I can swap to those later.

Old 01-22-2022, 01:20 PM
Winching

sorry double post

Old 01-22-2022, 02:55 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok done.. took about an hour and a half... they look good! No major issues going on and fitment is fine.

There was a little bit of prep putting the adhesive on the arches first, replacing the clips and taping the running light connectors. I didn't get a chance to wash the Defender beforehand.. maybe tomorrow or I may wait until next week for the adhesive to fully bond.. I'll take a couple better photos then.

I watched a short video from Vulkan and the Powerful Uk video which was great and super helpful.

Old 01-22-2022, 08:37 PM
Winching

great news. was hesitant with fitment.

how’s the paint? decently matches the oem gloss black?

Originally Posted by hoss_vw
Ok done.. took about an hour and a half... they look good! No major issues going on and fitment is fine.

There was a little bit of prep putting the adhesive on the arches first, replacing the clips and taping the running light connectors. I didn't get a chance to wash the Defender beforehand.. maybe tomorrow or I may wait until next week for the adhesive to fully bond.. I'll take a couple better photos then.

I watched a short video from Vulkan and the Powerful Uk video which was great and super helpful.

Old 01-23-2022, 07:16 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 644 Likes on 212 Posts

i installed the euro flares vs the NAS. I like that it looks more like the classic defender flare without the marker lights.

The following 3 users liked this post by sarek:
GrouseK9 (01-24-2022), Lnberger (05-13-2022), starbai (09-01-2023)
Old 09-01-2023, 11:57 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

yeah you just unplug them and push it back into the body. i wrapped the connector is a bunch of tape to try to make it waterproof. no errors or check engine lights

when are you planning to install your vulcan pieces. i like that they are painted and just wanting to make sure they fit properly
So I'm about to do this on my 130 which is why I came to find this thread. I'm glad no error lights when unplugging them. But a year ++ later, have you had any trouble with any water getting in etc? I'd really like to do something a bit more than just wrapping in black tape to ensure its water tight, but no ideas yet.

Quick Reply: Extended Fender Flares US Spec