2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flat Loadspace Stoarge Tray Information; Hopefully updated as info becomes available

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 08:35 AM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I took in the photo and the part number to my parts counter at the dealer here in Nashville last week (we have a new to us 23.5 130), and while they thought the part was a great idea and needed, they wouldn’t let me place an order…just saying that it wasn’t available (yet?).

Old 03-13-2024, 09:08 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by WAFOX
Oh I know, no major rush. Just knowing that it will will eventually come out will be enough for me. Clearly Land Rover have a design and official part number, next step will be their supply chain to produce them
Yes and in true JLR fashion they can't seem to figure out how to produce in a timely manner. They advertised this thing since mid last year. It was supposed to be on all 2024 90s and 130s. Then they updated that to late availability. And now its finally showing up in cars. I know its only March, but 2024s have been on lots since late 2023. Anyway to your point just knowing it exists and is coming is good enough. I've got my order in and I have no delusions of it being ready for pick up anytime remotely soon.

Personally, I have a 2023.5. It was never promised to me and so I can live with the fact that its just a benefit of a 2024. But for people with a 2024 that didn't get em', that'd **** me off. Not like you got a discount for it not having content it SHOULD have. OR like you got an IOU to receive it when its available (like folks who had to wait for their second key after taking delivery of the car). You're just outta luck, on your own to buy it yourself with zero ETA expectations set. Oh well, at least its not a huge issue. But still can't say I appreciate that way of doing business. I'm sure 99% of buyers who dont get it in their 2024s probably dont even know they should or will ever miss it.

Last edited by starbai; 03-13-2024 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:17 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Steedracer
I took in the photo and the part number to my parts counter at the dealer here in Nashville last week (we have a new to us 23.5 130), and while they thought the part was a great idea and needed, they wouldn’t let me place an order…just saying that it wasn’t available (yet?).
Couple thoughts.

1) The dealership parts dept aren't well versed with this stuff. Theres no 'bulletin' for them to know when things are out. I only have so much access to 'parts' catalogs online and I have only seen one site that pulls up anything with the part number (which I only confirmed yesterday by a willing parts counter guy who went out to check a vehicle that had one in stock). Before yesterday no one could tell me the actual part number. There was no easy way to search for it in the system (if it even existed).

2) My dealer had no idea what I was talking about and couldn't find it on any parts diagrams. I suspect its because only now are there VINs being produced that should have these things in it, and with no reference point w/newer vins they're not seeing it when they search. This is why I provided a pic above with a vin number of a car that has it. Perhaps they need to use that in order to see the applicable part?

3) In the end I just said, search 'this' part number. They did, and found in their system that it wssn't applicable to my car. And that I'd be buying at my own risk subject to a restocking fee if it doesn't work. I'm willing to take that chance. On the order they clearly have it marked 'not associated/applicable to vin'. I suspect some dealerships are possibly reluctant to let you buy (not wanting to deal with the fall out if it doesn't work) unless their system shows it tied to/confirmed to work with a particular vin.

4) As for why they wont let you order, it could be the VIN thing, it could be the difference between last week and this week of whether that part number is showing in their catalog, or it could be beacuse they do not want to 'order' a part that shows zero stock or ETA on when it may come. Odd if its that last one, but its possible.

If it were me I'd go back now and give them this part number. If they insist on a Vin, give them this one. If they say we can't order because there is no stock, tell them you just want to put your name on the first one you can get your hands on and you accept it could be one week or 52 weeks before it shows up. - At that point there is no reason they can't at least place the order. And if they still refuse, find another dealer. They absolutely CAN order it. I have an invoice with my credit card receipt attached to it in front of me. It can be done, at least as of 3/12/2024.

Last edited by starbai; 03-13-2024 at 09:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Cmw1100 (04-05-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 08:10 PM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Starbai, Thanks. I did show them the part number, and eventually they just said it was available yet. I may try the dealer I bought ours from (90 miles away) and go through the salesman and see if they can order it.

starbai (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 04:52 PM
Rock Crawling

Not my car (yet)... still waiting on my ordered box.

But here is finally a clean/clear pic of it installed as intended for the 130.

Old 03-28-2024, 08:33 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Drifting
Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Anyone able to order LR190079 yet?

Old 04-29-2024, 10:41 AM
Overlanding
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My 2024 90S delivered on 4/25 at LR Jacksonville with Flat Load Space Floor Tray.

Dealer had no que what is was or how to install.

I installed myself per below:
www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=defender+Flat+Loadspace+Floor+Tray &&mid=CEC433F1A6969F1059C2CEC433F1A6969F1059C2&&FO RM=VRDGAR

WAFOX (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 11:15 AM
Overlanding
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So will the rubber boot mat for the 5 seater 130 fit once the flat loadspace tray is in place....? Looks like it should.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:59 AM
Overlanding
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The rubber boot mat should fit.

The load space tray is basically a 2-inch filler draw.

So, you remove the existing cover, install the Load Space Tray, and then put the existing cover back on top.

Now you have 2 inches of addition storage under the existing cover.

Look exactly like before and now totally level.

Quick Reply: Flat Loadspace Stoarge Tray Information; Hopefully updated as info becomes available