2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flickering map

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 11:32 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I had this issue intermittently in the first month or two of ownership but since the last software update I’ve had no issues. Good luck!

Old 04-16-2021, 01:19 PM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flickering Maps Evoque 2021

Bought new evoque 2021, maps flicker if I change songs on main screen or make a phone call and sometimes without even being connected to phone. Not main map but the one behind steering column. Nothing to do with apple CarPlay as my car does it when not connected to apple CarPlay. Also, taken the car out without phone and still happens. Clearly some software issue. Took it to garage after one week and they said they they had done a software update but it’s still happening and judging by this forum it isn’t just me! Land Rover really need to sort this out - clearly this is a known problem. Never had a Range before and not really impressed so far...

Old 04-18-2021, 11:51 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1availablelight
I had a similar issue with flickering and new iOS. Very annoying. Try this: disconnect CarPlay. With engine on, hold the radio power button down for 20 seconds and let Pivi do a soft reset. Reconnect CarPlay. If that doesn’t work you can also try a hard reset. Disconnect CarPlay. Hold the radio power button for 10 seconds, once Pivi goes blank turn off car and lock doors. Let the Defender sit for 5 minutes. Start engine and reconnect CarPlay. This should be addressed in future OTA.
Dumb question. Where is the "radio power button" on the 2020 Def? I cant find one.

Old 04-25-2021, 03:54 AM
4th Gear

So just wanted to update on this. Range Rover completely shut down yesterday, parked on drive and steering wheel locked after I switched engine on, with failure notifications coming up. Infotainment systems was dead and didn’t even pop out like normal. So tried dealership (again...still hadn’t called me back from previous attempt to call them over a week ago) and got same fob off response about service dept being busy and someone would callback. So decided to drive down there, again they tried to send me away, telling me I needed to be booked in or take it back to where I bought it from (which was another main dealer much further away), but I insisted that they listen to me and eventually they agreed to have a quick look at my car. Their explanation as to why I continue to get problems is that the previous software update hadn’t cleared the first software update and so two updates were trying to sync and override one another. Not sure if this is true (and not sure if it really explains why my steering wheel locked) but will see how I go. Not holding out a massive amount of faith given my experience of owning this car for 4 weeks, but let’s hope it is fixed.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:00 AM
4wd High
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MissD
Bought new evoque 2021, maps flicker if I change songs on main screen or make a phone call and sometimes without even being connected to phone. Not main map but the one behind steering column. Nothing to do with apple CarPlay as my car does it when not connected to apple CarPlay. Also, taken the car out without phone and still happens. Clearly some software issue. Took it to garage after one week and they said they they had done a software update but it’s still happening and judging by this forum it isn’t just me! Land Rover really need to sort this out - clearly this is a known problem. Never had a Range before and not really impressed so far...
I have the same issue on my 2021 Defender. It's isolated to the map on the instrument cluster behind the steering wheel, and happens whether I have the map in the center panel, or full size across the cluster.

It flickers when I change SiriusXM channels or songs change when using the integrated Spotify app.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:16 AM
4th Gear

I tried this and it seemed to work (for a while...)

Try this: disconnect CarPlay. With engine on, hold the radio power button down for 20 seconds and let Pivi do a soft reset. Reconnect CarPlay. If that doesn’t work you can also try a hard reset. Disconnect CarPlay. Hold the radio power button for 10 seconds, once Pivi goes blank turn off car and lock doors. Let the Defender sit for 5 minutes. Start engine and reconnect CarPlay.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:01 PM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Well I had a strange one yesterday. My Google Maps connected via Android Auto started flickering, the screen went all green and back to the map, every second or so. The LR nav program wasn't affected, nothing else seemed to be odd. nothing I could do to correct it, turned the car off several times and still did it.
Today, all worked fine. I was expecting something to be haywire but all was good.
I did notice my LR InControl program had logged out, logged back in everything good.
Go figure!

Old 04-25-2022, 11:10 AM
Mudding
Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a similar issue that came up yesterday - I have mine set the two gauges and center map - the map disappeared altogether.

Reboot Pivi?

Old 04-25-2022, 11:34 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

@Easy3 - Just push the button in that is labeled (3) in this image: