Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 04:45 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Floor Mats

Are the land rover authentic floor mats good? Anyone else have a good experience with after-market floor mats?

Old 06-11-2022, 06:01 PM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

I used to use Weather-tech for years, but found these Tux-mats, which are soft and cushy, waterproof, raised around all the edges to provide better protection, and look much better, IMHO, than the plastic-like, slippery competitors on the market. My Land Rover salesman saw them during a recent visit

and took pictures to get them for his personal vehicle.

Last edited by WTFChuck; 06-11-2022 at 06:28 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by WTFChuck:
Chief65 (06-11-2022), GrouseK9 (06-13-2022), mopadzi (06-14-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 07:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
I used to use Weather-tech for years, but found these Tux-mats, which are soft and cushy, waterproof, raised around all the edges to provide better protection, and look much better, IMHO, than the plastic-like, slippery competitors on the market. My Land Rover salesman saw them during a recent visit

Cool, especially one piece in the back. I have the official deep-sided LR mats and I've been satisfied with them. If you have a lot of people going in and out of the back seat during the winter months then the one-piece design might be a bit better than the official mats (with three pieces).

The following users liked this post:
MattF (06-12-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 11:54 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions! Will keep this in mind once I take delivery.

Old 06-12-2022, 12:31 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the LR made rubber mats, and love them. They are still three pieces in the second row, and while I was initially suspicious of the stability of the separate middle piece, the mat is heavy and stays in place pretty well. Plus I like being able to use it to protect the center console if I have to transport a few pieces of lumber/pipe/etc. Also, the trunk liner is very sturdy and has done a great job protecting the third row seat backs and cargo area.

Old 06-12-2022, 03:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 235 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by stsao
Are the land rover authentic floor mats good? Anyone else have a good experience with after-market floor mats?
I had the weathertech mats. The fit was good but the material is too stiff and too shiny slippery hard plastic like so I changed to the factory deep sided rubber mats and I think they are great

Old 06-12-2022, 03:43 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

Love my weathertecs for the front and rear seats.They connect as OEM, fit perfectly and have worked very well. Definitely recommend.I peeled off the WeatherTec add glued on and never look back. The boot version of the WeatherTec, I pitched. Too cheesy and slipped around a lot. With that, I got an OEM version and it's perfect. Much more heavy duty, beefy and works perfect.

Old 06-13-2022, 10:12 AM
Drifting
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I have had the tuxmats for 6 months and they still look great. Very finished looks with tons fo mud protection.

WTFChuck (06-14-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 07:11 AM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Pdflrd
I have had the tuxmats for 6 months and they still look great. Very finished looks with tons fo mud protection.
Love mine, also. Being in Florida, I usually drive barefoot, and the cushioning is very comfortable and soft, almost pillow-like. And they rise up on the sides higher than other brands, giving full protection to the footwells, and even covering the dead pedal.

Chief65 (06-14-2022)
Old 12-19-2022, 09:48 AM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Curious How these mats are holding up? Do you have snow and salt in your area? How do you clean them? Based on these recommendations I am considering them in Lou of the OEM rubber mats, but we do get a lot of snow and salt and wanted to see how they might hold up in that environment if you have experience. Thank you
Originally Posted by WTFChuck

Quick Reply: Floor Mats