Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Frame Front Bumper Bump Guard

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 10:28 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
so the top pic has the extra silver under armpit with exposed recover tow?

i am seeing pics online of a very minor profile version. maybe it’s just the pics but it looks dofferent
Actually, I think the bottom one is the winch setup. The top one is without the winch. It is hard to tell, but the winch introduces a new front. See the two images below (first one is just the Expedition kit and second is the winch kit).

Old 09-17-2021, 09:49 AM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

the top pic is what i am looking for. the winch kit protrudes a couple more inches and if you not installing a winch it’s too much.

so on the top pic with silver center, that looks like the silver top middle section is a brand new piece. it has more depth in the center grill area

my dealer doesn’t anything and didn’t much helpful info

is there part numbers for the top pic

and it also appears like warwagon that the kit comes either in silver or black for the bottom section

Originally Posted by Simon14
Actually, I think the bottom one is the winch setup. The top one is without the winch. It is hard to tell, but the winch introduces a new front. See the two images below (first one is just the Expedition kit and second is the winch kit).

Old 09-17-2021, 03:20 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

That is the Front Expedition Protection System, as shown in the accessories brochure picture below. Part no. VPLEP0386.

WARWGN’s Defender might be an X. With an X, you need to order a different part and it doesn’t come finished, so you then have to get it painted in Narvik black (although obviously you could paint it any colour). But I think he actually has just the A-frame protection kit (part no VPLE0385), and not the full expedition system (VPLE0386). That kit is all black from what I can see in the accessories brochure, and it doesn’t include the undershield.

It is also possible that they’ve changed the A-frame part to be all black in VPLE0386, but in the accessories brochure it is silver…

Old 09-25-2021, 11:06 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon14
That is the Front Expedition Protection System, as shown in the accessories brochure picture below. Part no. VPLEP0386.

WARWGN’s Defender might be an X. With an X, you need to order a different part and it doesn’t come finished, so you then have to get it painted in Narvik black (although obviously you could paint it any colour). But I think he actually has just the A-frame protection kit (part no VPLE0385), and not the full expedition system (VPLE0386). That kit is all black from what I can see in the accessories brochure, and it doesn’t include the undershield.

It is also possible that they’ve changed the A-frame part to be all black in VPLE0386, but in the accessories brochure it is silver…

I personally think the slimmer A-frame (it looks slimmer?) looks better but assuming the silver is painted as noted? I’d think it would be matched silver and same matte plastic. Anyway I really want this style vs the full black A-frame. The full black looks bulkier and not as aesthetically clean as the the other one.

https://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/668446/5497/a_frame_protection_bar___new_defender_2020_onwards

Old 09-25-2021, 01:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 433 Likes on 202 Posts

I would like to buy only the raised corner inserts, also still a lot of cutting and removal of front bumper involved.
Maybe we have to wait for a clever commercial Chinese...

Old 09-25-2021, 02:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

My D90 build included the A Frame protection. Did it mainly because I felt it improved the front looks. It’s plastic so not sure how much it actually “protects”. I also included the undershield for protection and to have the recovery point easily accessible.

Old 10-02-2021, 07:06 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

"Let's face it, real winch systems cost several hundred dollars and require you to get your vehicle dirty to use them. UNACCEPTABLE! Rough Country's Insta-Winch gives you what you're really looking for - the look - making it the perfect product for pavement princesses, grocery getters, and concrete cowboys.

Does it look like a real winch? Kinda! Does it work like a real winch? Absolutely not! It’s not a recovery solution, it's a recovery illusion. Get the type of instant gratification that only you and your social media followers can truly appreciate and upgrade your rig with Rough Country’s Insta-Winch today!"

https://www.roughcountry.com/insta-winch

Last edited by _Allegedly; 10-02-2021 at 07:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
GavinC (10-03-2021), GrouseK9 (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 08:33 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by _allegedly
"let's face it, real winch systems cost several hundred dollars and require you to get your vehicle dirty to use them. Unacceptable! Rough country's insta-winch gives you what you're really looking for - the look - making it the perfect product for pavement princesses, grocery getters, and concrete cowboys.

Does it look like a real winch? Kinda! Does it work like a real winch? Absolutely not! It’s not a recovery solution, it's a recovery illusion. Get the type of instant gratification that only you and your social media followers can truly appreciate and upgrade your rig with rough country’s insta-winch today!"

https://youtu.be/1rwn9cecdxc

https://www.roughcountry.com/insta-winch
😂😂😂😂😂

Old 10-02-2021, 12:50 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

Won't work on a Defender - the magnet has nothing to attach to!

Old 10-02-2021, 01:03 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
Won't work on a Defender - the magnet has nothing to attach to!
No need to be kicking-cans sad!

That rugged Landie lifestyle is just a zip away.

The following 2 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
GavinC (10-03-2021), GrouseK9 (10-02-2021)

Quick Reply: A Frame Front Bumper Bump Guard