2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Runner Rack Accessory Thread - FR Ladder Coming

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 12:26 AM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

i have it. actually bought it before FR knew it fit the Defender. told them it did with no mods and they started marketing it

what would you like to know

Originally Posted by inater
Has anyone added the FR drop down table to the back of the defender yet?

Old 11-30-2021, 02:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 417 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
i have it. actually bought it before FR knew it fit the Defender. told them it did with no mods and they started marketing it

what would you like to know
Wow ok that is awesome. I chatted with someone at FR today and asked if they had install instructions for the Defender, they said that they had heard it worked and were pretty sure no mods were needed but to double check on forums. So here I am.... Glad to hear hear it works without mods. Is it as easy as removing the bolts that are there and then aligning and attaching the table with those bolts?

Old 11-30-2021, 06:34 AM
Mudding
Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts

I really like most all the FR stuff...but that is hideous! Maybe it looks better in person, but very disappointed in what I see. But it should work on both sides of the vehicle. But I would have to put it on the opposite side of my awning...but then it would block my chefs table...so regardless, won't work for me. Side mount is just not a great idea.

Was hoping it could work for my clamshell roof top tent this spring but won't be buying that. Rear ladder is still the best option. Maybe bend my own.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:49 AM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

the kit comes with various length new bolts and washers. the holes line up perfectly. no modifications necessary.

but i would have to say the cheaper Amazon option is a bit more useful. it lease the space on the rear trunk open giving you access to that storage space. you can squeeze some small thin items on the FR but not as useful

the pull out wood table is pretty handy on the FR

Originally Posted by inater
Wow ok that is awesome. I chatted with someone at FR today and asked if they had install instructions for the Defender, they said that they had heard it worked and were pretty sure no mods were needed but to double check on forums. So here I am.... Glad to hear hear it works without mods. Is it as easy as removing the bolts that are there and then aligning and attaching the table with those bolts?

Old 11-30-2021, 01:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 417 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
the kit comes with various length new bolts and washers. the holes line up perfectly. no modifications necessary.

but i would have to say the cheaper Amazon option is a bit more useful. it lease the space on the rear trunk open giving you access to that storage space. you can squeeze some small thin items on the FR but not as useful

the pull out wood table is pretty handy on the FR
Ok great and thank you for the picture! I saw some of the other options out there but have liked FR stuff so far, and with the FR 30% off for Black Friday I decided to give it a shot.

Should get here Thursday and will provide feedback then. I built a raised bed platform for the back so hoping I can still close the door with the table mounted and the bed in.

Old 11-30-2021, 04:12 PM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Tartan
Thinking of adding the voyager ladder so I can stop carrying around the extendible ladder for the RTT. Seemed like it wouldn’t be a big deal to carry around the ladder, but it kind of is given the limited storage space in the Defender. Voyager ladder looks better to me than all the other options and I have no need for a rear ladder like the L8. That’s just not useful back there.
Do you have the voyager rack? I don't think the lucky8 ladder would work with the voyager rack anyways. I do agree, from the limited pictures on their site the voyager rack + ladder looks pretty sharp

Old 01-16-2022, 04:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ElVerde
yeah looks bulky. Get the lucky8 one and a quality shop. I got mine attached to the FR full rack and I really like how it looks like.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Mudding
Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Defensor
yeah looks bulky. Get the lucky8 one and a quality shop. I got mine attached to the FR full rack and I really like how it looks like
Any photos of how it mounts to the front runner rack? Climbing from tow hook to spare tire works but the ladder looks good.

Old 01-17-2022, 06:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by zac431
Any photos of how it mounts to the front runner rack? Climbing from tow hook to spare tire works but the ladder looks good.
We had to cut the base of the ladder a bit.

The following users liked this post:
zac431 (01-18-2022)