Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hangers/hooks rear section 2023 defender

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2024, 08:00 AM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hangers/hooks rear section 2023 defender

Hey there... anyone know or have ideas on where to hang clothes and such in rear section of the 23 defender? There are no hooks or handles which is odd. i know of click and go hangers on the rear of the headrest, just wondering if anyone out there has dealt with this small but irritating issue. i noticed where there would normally be a hanger hook on either side is a little swing flap that opens with a hole, not sure what that is for. any insights would be appreciated and helpful

Old 05-29-2024, 09:26 AM
Huc
Mudding
Received 173 Likes on 74 Posts

I just ordered these from PowerFulUK to address the lack of rear hanging space in my 110x. As the rings that ship aren’t black
I ordered some of these I ordered some of these
off Amazon to try and get a slightly better match to the black interior. Not a material issue but figured it was worth a go.

Will know in a few days once all the bits arrive how practical the solution will be as we need to pack some suits and dresses on our forthcoming 3wk road trip. It may mean dropping the fold down seats for optimal use - not sure as yet. The Alpine windows in the back appear to have made it a tad more tricky for JLR to get some additional hanging points - but it would have been doable. Hope that helps.

The following users liked this post:
jclaffee (05-29-2024)
Old 05-29-2024, 09:52 AM
Mudding
Received 88 Likes on 46 Posts

There are coat hangers underneath the grab handles on the headliner in the back. Same design as nearly every car on the market.

Elektrapops (06-20-2024)
Old 05-29-2024, 10:17 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Huc
I just ordered these from PowerFulUK to address the lack of rear hanging space in my 110x. As the rings that ship aren’t black I ordered some of these off Amazon to try and get a slightly better match to the black interior. Not a material issue but figured it was worth a go.

Will know in a few days once all the bits arrive how practical the solution will be as we need to pack some suits and dresses on our forthcoming 3wk road trip. It may mean dropping the fold down seats for optimal use - not sure as yet. The Alpine windows in the back appear to have made it a tad more tricky for JLR to get some additional hanging points - but it would have been doable. Hope that helps.
Please let us know how this works out. I like this setup and it looks promising.

Old 05-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Overlanding

oddly, I think the 90 design has the grab handles lower than the 110, hence no coat hanger. i could be wrong

Old 05-29-2024, 10:50 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Huc
I just ordered these from PowerFulUK to address the lack of rear hanging space in my 110x. As the rings that ship aren’t black I ordered some of these off Amazon to try and get a slightly better match to the black interior. Not a material issue but figured it was worth a go.

I'm liking it! interested to see it

Old 05-29-2024, 01:28 PM
Mudding
Received 88 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by drjam
oddly, I think the 90 design has the grab handles lower than the 110, hence no coat hanger. i could be wrong
There are grab handles in the B-pillar in all Defenders. I am talking about the ones in the headliner above the seats. There is a dedicated coat hook implemented into the handle.

Old 05-29-2024, 03:31 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, there are coat hooks in the roof handles. But to be fair they do seem a bit smaller than some others. Still, I can fit a couple of hangers on each.

Old 05-29-2024, 05:37 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by CincyRovers
There are grab handles in the B-pillar in all Defenders. I am talking about the ones in the headliner above the seats. There is a dedicated coat hook implemented into the handle.
really appreciate the input. I could be wrong but that may be only for all 110 models. yes , have the grab handles on the bpillar but thats it in my 90. The alpine lights on the 90s are much longer than the 110, hence, no grab handles by the headliner. Like the last post notes , there is a little flap that opens by the headliner that has a flimsy, what resembles a hanger hook.

CincyRovers (05-30-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 05:01 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, that might well be so. That the 90 don't have the roof handles. My wife takes delivery of a 90 next week so guess I'll find out.
The flap in the headliner should be anchor point for cargo net.

Quick Reply: hangers/hooks rear section 2023 defender