Hello-introduction & request for help on 2023 Pangea Green order

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 07:33 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,403 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9

Originally Posted by dbcolimon@gmail.com

20” BFGs KO2 (275x60x20) with 1.5” Johnson Rods

One thing I don’t think has been pointed out: At least in 2022 you could get Khaki or Khaki/Ebony for the interior. I got the latter and love it, but both look great. Above are examples of each from this thread.

Old 02-21-2022, 07:42 AM
Mudding
Received 86 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
One thing I don’t think has been pointed out: At least in 2022 you could get Khaki or Khaki/Ebony for the interior. I got the latter and love it, but both look great. Above are examples of each from this thread.
Thanks NoGaBiker, excellent point, I did wonder about that when he placed the order a few weeks ago. I "think" for MY23 it's only kkaki, no khaki/ebony options, but not 100%. Seems like my son is leaning on keeping the Ebony interior anyway.

Oh by the way, I loved to read about you Moab adventures over at Wranglerforum! I haven't taken my jeep to Moab (yet) but have a couple times to the San Juan mountains and have mountain biked on a multi-day camping trip from Telluride to Moab and from Durango to Moab. Ended up staying at the Gonzo Inn in Moab per your posts! Both times we mountain biked into Moab we rented jeeps for mild trails, nothing crazy.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:31 AM
Pro Wrench

LOL, funny! Didn't realize anybody had followed me over here!

I miss my 14 Wrangler, but I sold to a good friend in Ohio and will get first crack at it if he ever lets it go. I'm working on my Defender to get it ready for some western adventures, but it will never be able to do the things that Jeep could do. But I'm alright with that -- I can rent a JL from Joe at Twisted Jeeps anytime I want to do Poison Spider Mesa or harder, and the Landie will certainly make getting from Atlanta to Utah a lot easier!

Even though I mountain bike in Moab often, I'm a roadie at heart; I don't even own a mtb. But I'm putting together a trip for late-summer where we leave from either St. George or Telluride and pedal to the other one, camping along the way (using Road Touring bikes, not race bikes, and carrying all our crap.) Direction of travel will depend on whether I can get reliable data about prevailing wind directions in the micro-climates we'll be going through. Preference would be to leave from Colorado.

I envy where you live!

Old 02-21-2022, 09:15 AM
Mudding
Received 86 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
LOL, funny! Didn't realize anybody had followed me over here!

I miss my 14 Wrangler, but I sold to a good friend in Ohio and will get first crack at it if he ever lets it go. I'm working on my Defender to get it ready for some western adventures, but it will never be able to do the things that Jeep could do. But I'm alright with that -- I can rent a JL from Joe at Twisted Jeeps anytime I want to do Poison Spider Mesa or harder, and the Landie will certainly make getting from Atlanta to Utah a lot easier!

Even though I mountain bike in Moab often, I'm a roadie at heart; I don't even own a mtb. But I'm putting together a trip for late-summer where we leave from either St. George or Telluride and pedal to the other one, camping along the way (using Road Touring bikes, not race bikes, and carrying all our crap.) Direction of travel will depend on whether I can get reliable data about prevailing wind directions in the micro-climates we'll be going through. Preference would be to leave from Colorado.

I envy where you live!
I'm the opposite, I don't own a road bike.
That bike tour sounds great, bikes can get heavy when you are lugging around everything. Have you heard of San Juan Huts? I did the 7 day trips through them from Telluride to Moab and Durango to Moab. Seems like they have some road bike tour, the nice thing is you arrive every day to a hut with food and sleeping bags. Checkout there road bike option:

https://sanjuanhuts.com/gravel-grind...of-the-canyons

Oh, and I can only wish I lived in Colorado! I Live in the plains of Michigan! It was very tiresome to make the drive out to Colorado in the Jeep, I agree the Defender will be much more comfortable.

Old 02-21-2022, 09:25 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by new to landrover
That bike tour sounds great, bikes can get heavy when you are lugging around everything.
You have no idea!

My Surly Long Haul Trucker touring bike on a 2012 trip around the Wind River Range in Wyoming.

And I'm an ultralight backpacker -- that's super light gear in there.

The following users liked this post:
new to landrover (02-21-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 10:39 AM
Mudding
Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

I have pangea over khaki...it is not "too green".

It's perfect.

The following 2 users liked this post by ElVerde:
dbcolimon@gmail.com (02-21-2022), new to landrover (02-21-2022)