2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi from Reno, NV-

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2023 | 04:42 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by RenoDefender
Awesome, thank you. I came across the thread that discusses the bolt issue you mentioned as it relates to the factory rails. Did you have that issue like others? I've sent the threads to my shop to give them a heads up to see if we can get ahead of it.

Did you have to do the TSB for the proximity sensors ?
Sorry when you say TSB are you referring to the issue with the key fobs?

Regarding the bolts, I did have issues but luckily I was able to get them out. This was before I was on the forums so I just pushed really hard on my trouble bolt and luckily it broke free without stripping it. I think FR now has the ability to add the rack to the existing rails (not sure if that's only the short one) but it does add height to the rack obviously.

Old 01-10-2023 | 09:05 PM
LR Forum Vendor

Jon I added the oem rear differential locking to my non adventure pack d110. Look up my other profile mark1107

I did it in 2020 at a cost of about 5k. Parts are probably more, but I’ve seen some oem rear differential for the 110 on eBay for 1200 bucks. Idk if they’ve been sold. Google sarek autowerkes in Virginia. He has a working prototype of an arb air locker working with with the non locking differential. He will start selling them cheaper than my 5k oem solution.

before you ask any questions all of the answers are under my posts. Btw the other 110 without the adaptive cruise control but did have the rear locker everything can be programmed and added after the fact. Google my markjlr user name.

Old 01-11-2023 | 07:09 AM
Pro Wrench

I'm visiting Virginia next week with hopes to move back. Whether I do or not, I'll seriously road trip to Sarek once that's available. ROAV MAR, here I come!

Old 01-11-2023 | 04:51 PM
|
Drifting

Originally Posted by POPTOPP
I don't have a rear locker. I've been hitting the trails every six weeks or so for a year. Never had an issue on rock, mud or sand. Certainly, it will come in use in some extreme situations, but I haven't found a situation yet. If your focus is on overlanding, you'll be fine.
That is fantastic to hear. I was a bit worried. I looked long and hard for rear locker-d rigs with no luck.

Old 01-11-2023 | 04:58 PM
|
Drifting

Originally Posted by inater
Sorry when you say TSB are you referring to the issue with the key fobs?

Regarding the bolts, I did have issues but luckily I was able to get them out. This was before I was on the forums so I just pushed really hard on my trouble bolt and luckily it broke free without stripping it. I think FR now has the ability to add the rack to the existing rails (not sure if that's only the short one) but it does add height to the rack obviously.
Yeah, the issue with the key fobs working for keyless entry via proximity sensors. Its pretty annoying. My 2012 RRS worked flawlessly...

yeah the shorter rack utilizes the factory rails.

Old 01-11-2023 | 05:02 PM
|
Drifting

Originally Posted by markjlr
Jon I added the oem rear differential locking to my non adventure pack d110. Look up my other profile mark1107

I did it in 2020 at a cost of about 5k. Parts are probably more, but I’ve seen some oem rear differential for the 110 on eBay for 1200 bucks. Idk if they’ve been sold. Google sarek autowerkes in Virginia. He has a working prototype of an arb air locker working with with the non locking differential. He will start selling them cheaper than my 5k oem solution.

before you ask any questions all of the answers are under my posts. Btw the other 110 without the adaptive cruise control but did have the rear locker everything can be programmed and added after the fact. Google my markjlr user name.
Amazing info. Thanks for sharing, Mark. Interesting about adding everything after via programming! Oh man, Kinda wish I had known that prior. I'll be sure to look up your other profile.

Old 01-12-2023 | 11:07 AM
Rock Crawling

Yeah, the issue with the key fobs working for keyless entry via proximity sensors. Its pretty annoying. My 2012 RRS worked flawlessly...

yeah the shorter rack utilizes the factory rails.
Ok yes, I do have that issue currently. It seems that one of my keys works fine and the other does not. Apparently, they keep resetting the module (after doing the bulletin work) and the car keeps forgetting the reset. Something I need to have them keep looking at when I finish the current road trip.

Old 04-01-2023 | 11:17 PM
|
Drifting

Well some updates after 2 months of ownership. Let’s see if I can remember all that I’ve done.

- PPF Suntek from of car, headlights, mirrors, door cups and door edges
- 30% ceramic suntek all around tint
- powerfuluk vinyl hood decal, longer one
- OEM full dog barrier
- full front runner roof rack (replace factory rails)
-front runner tailgate table
- powerfully rvs lights
- front runner light bar
- roofnest condor xl
- recovery gear
- rhino fire extinguisher and mount on dog barrier from lucky 8
- various recovery gear
- Yakima exo hitch mount carrier with basket

next up in no order as it’s all pricey!
- lucky 8 sliders
- 18” Alston wheels with lucky 8 caliper mod 32/33” tires?
- recovery points

- any other suggestions? Would love to see a replacement floor for the trunk, that latch drives me bonkers
- some rear quarter window Molle inserts
- maybe backup battery camping?

- the CAI someone just posted seems cool

think my battery is dead- have had a warning for a week that the battery is low but goes away after some driving only to come back again.

The following users liked this post:
MattF (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023 | 09:17 AM
Mudding

Well some updates after 2 months of ownership. Let’s see if I can remember all that I’ve done.

- PPF Suntek from of car, headlights, mirrors, door cups and door edges
- 30% ceramic suntek all around tint
- powerfuluk vinyl hood decal, longer one
- OEM full dog barrier
- full front runner roof rack (replace factory rails)
-front runner tailgate table
- powerfully rvs lights
- front runner light bar
- roofnest condor xl
- recovery gear
- rhino fire extinguisher and mount on dog barrier from lucky 8
- various recovery gear
- Yakima exo hitch mount carrier with basket

next up in no order as it’s all pricey!
- lucky 8 sliders
- 18” Alston wheels with lucky 8 caliper mod 32/33” tires?
- recovery points

- any other suggestions? Would love to see a replacement floor for the trunk, that latch drives me bonkers
- some rear quarter window Molle inserts
- maybe backup battery camping?

- the CAI someone just posted seems cool

think my battery is dead- have had a warning for a week that the battery is low but goes away after some driving only to come back again.

Do you remove the condor nest when not using it? If so, how easy is it to do that?

Old 04-02-2023 | 09:24 AM
|
Drifting

Originally Posted by is21447
Do you remove the condor nest when not using it? If so, how easy is it to do that?
Id love to take off each time.

but it’s not that easy solo unless you have a hoist in the garage

undo 6 nuts/bolts and lift off. That’s it

weighs about 160 ish

Quick Reply: Hi from Reno, NV-