Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to disable folding mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2020 | 11:11 AM
|
7th Gear
Default How to disable folding mirrors?

I've read through the manual and searched the internet and also gone through all of the menus in the infotainment system, but I cannot find a way to disable the folding mirrors. Does anyone know how to do this or maybe asked their dealer? If not, I will next time I'm in.

Old 12-05-2020 | 12:36 PM
Winching

It's a landrover Range Rover signature. I wish my Escalade had it. Glad that my 720s and C8 has it too.

Old 12-07-2020 | 08:55 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by sblvro
It's a landrover Range Rover signature. I wish my Escalade had it. Glad that my 720s and C8 has it too.
? My Escalanche mirrors fold with a button press

Old 12-07-2020 | 09:07 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by TexasLandmark
? My Escalanche mirrors fold with a button press
Remote button not the door button controls.

Old 12-07-2020 | 09:19 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by sblvro
Remote button not the door button controls.
gotcha.

Old 12-09-2022 | 04:18 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by smoltz
I've read through the manual and searched the internet and also gone through all of the menus in the infotainment system, but I cannot find a way to disable the folding mirrors. Does anyone know how to do this or maybe asked their dealer? If not, I will next time I'm in.
​​​​​​Is this possible ? It normally a great feature however in a freezing & damp climate (UK) the mechanism can freeze solid causing havoc. This feature could be disabled on previous llr vehicles, have they forgotten on the defender ?

Old 12-10-2022 | 05:54 AM
Rock Crawling

I have been annoyed at this feature since i got my truck.
There is no official way to diasable auto folding mirrors while locking or unlocking. You can disable the folding mirrors all together, but then, they will not fold in when you press the mirror buttons. So, currently it is all or nothing. I may have found a setting that finally will disable the folding during locking. I will report back after i test on mine

The following users liked this post:
mdgs (12-14-2022)
Old 12-10-2022 | 12:37 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by smoltz
I *thought* i turned it on inside Pivi Pro settings. My wife has it so I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure I turned it on there. Was off to begin with.

Old 12-10-2022 | 12:44 PM
Winching

I know there is a "winter mode" for the windshield wipers on the Defender, and I tested it and all it does is raise the position of the wipers. I do not see what good it does, but it would be nice to disable the folding mirrors at the same time you put the wiper blades in "winter mode".
Cold weather and moisture is definitely not friendly for folding mirrors.

Old 12-11-2022 | 08:04 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Trekkie
I *thought* i turned it on inside Pivi Pro settings. My wife has it so I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure I turned it on there. Was off to begin with.
I thought the same thing. It was off to begin with for me as well and I'm almost positive that I turned it on using settings but wasn't able to find it when I looked for it last night.

Quick Reply: How to disable folding mirrors?