Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to save setting changes to vehicle safety

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 01:12 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to save setting changes to vehicle safety

Is there any way to save settings to changes in the vehicle safety section of the pivipro? I drive the same route every day and every day the car keeps steering me into the path of vehicles on the other side of the road as we try to pass. It's always on a narrow road where both vehicles need to move to the left... as soon as i do so, the car starts turning right aiming me directly at an on coming tractor or similar.
On another section of road, where it is wider with a sweeping right hand bend and clear visibility. Twice the car has slammed on its brakes; once because a jogger was running on the road towards me and once when i was about to overtake a cyclist. On both occasions the car didn't seem to recognise that the front wheels were not pointing straight forward and that i was leaving a large gap to pass the other person. All it saw was a person in front of the car....so it slammed the brakes on. Both the jogger and the cyclist were somewhat alarmed at my emergency stops and the first time it happened it scared me to death. The second time i just swore at it! Neither the jogger or cyclist were doing anything wrong and neither was i.

It's a great system in theory but it's driving me potty, especially the aiming for oncoming vehicles, feature as it happens multiple times every journey. And anyone following me might think I'm drunk as i keep weaving all over the place.

Please tell me there is a way to do away with this silly system on a more permanentl basis than changing the settings every single journey.
Thanks a million

Old 05-13-2021, 06:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

I sure hope you get a good answer. I have a 2022 on order and what you're describing sounds like a nightmare.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:30 PM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Is there something in here that might help?

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/...t/38261_en_GBR