2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Invitation to see the OCTA unveiling (and updates)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 06:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by PNW Rover
Jim, my wife and I are both fairly certain at the Los Angeles event they said the 1,000 going to the US would be spilt 500 OCTA and 500 OCTA Edition One, but I may be wrong.

As far as configuration and differences and what I recall of them, I have to qualify that once we saw the Edition One in Faroe Green we spent very little time considering what all the other choices were.

-Color choices on both are limited, Edition One has two choices exclusive to it, the Faroe Green paint and a grey.
-Standard OCTA has two choices, a new Petra Copper and a grey different than the Edition One grey.
-The matte PPF is a no-cost option on the Edition One. The matte PPF can be optioned on the standard OCTA for $5,000.
-The 20" wheels are included on the OCTA Edition One, they are available on the standard OCTA for an additional $5,000. The 20" wheel has to tire options, a BFG and the more aggressive Wrangler. Understandably, the 22" with all season tires has the highest top speed, followed by the BFG, and the lowest being the Wrangler which I think was down to 99 mph. Still crazy fast for an SUV.
-Chopped Carbon Fiber standard on the Edition One, not available on standard OCTA.
The chopped carbon was found on the Defender hood badge (don't recall if on the rear), a slight outline in chopped carbon on the hood vent trim & air intake trim, center console finisher, and part of the front seat backs/shoulders.
-The optional twin air intakes are a glossy plastic (like most LR trim) and have a large piece of the chopped carbon fiber on the side, they were somewhere around $5,000 or $7,000 for the pair.
-Racks, ladders, and running boards were optional for each. As stated the roof rails for racks, etc. being included is a big deal.
-Both versions had the "Phosphor Bronze" front and rear tow hooks.
-Edition One had "Phosphor Bronze" calipers and I want to say the standard OCTA had glossy black calipers.
-Edition One has an exclusive Khaki/Ebony "Ultrafabric" with a Khaki/Ebony interior, the standard OCTA has an exclusive beige/brown leather called Burnt Sienna. Light Cloud and Lunar Ultrafabrics are available on both, you can also do an Ebony leather in both variants. The standard OCTA on display in Los Angeles was in Burnt Sienna leather and it looked very nice, my wife preferred it to the Khaki "pleather" with Chopped Carbon on the Edition One.

For options, the OCTA and OCTA Edition One are like the Carpathian, most everything is standard so the options list really doesn't exist with the exception of dealer installed accessories based on the lack of options presented to us at the event.

My wife and I few down to the event from Washington state thinking we'd go just to check it out. She is not ready to get rid of her Range Rover Supercharged and just a few months ago I got a new Range Rover LWB. At the event we walked down a set of stairs into the room with the OCTA and OCTA Edition One, both of us turned to each other at the same time and said we had to have the Edition One in the Faroe Green, it was that striking. Both versions look really good, the tweaks and the fenders make it look great, the grill revisions scream strength vs vanilla. The interiors are not as luxe as a G-wagon but don't need to be.

Hopefully we will all see a dealer order guide soon to really verify any differences. In the end, once you add the 20" wheels and matte PPF upgrade cost to a standard OCTA, you are within striking distance of the Edition One price wise. Of course, certain configuration choices (of which there are few) may force you into one or the other.
Did they do anything with the interior materials such as the B pillars, lower panels, etc. or are they still the same plastic in the standard Defender?

Old 07-05-2024, 01:33 AM
Overlanding
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Yulongtd6
Did they do anything with the interior materials such as the B pillars, lower panels, etc. or are they still the same plastic in the standard Defender?
I don't remember, maybe Jim does.

Old 07-05-2024, 10:09 AM
Mudding
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

We walked around both demo models with our guide. He highlighted to significant changes, but unfortunately I did not take note of many details. Sorry, can’t help.

Old 07-06-2024, 10:03 AM
Mudding
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Defender OCTA is up on land rover USA.com site. Not much more info and no build configurator, but good site.

Old 07-06-2024, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Here's the dealer order guide:

The following 6 users liked this post by soulsea:
angelboing (07-08-2024), Craig_RRS2013 (07-07-2024), curb-optional (07-08-2024), robn (07-06-2024), WAFOX (07-07-2024), wcc18999 (07-06-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-06-2024, 02:20 PM
Winching
Received 172 Likes on 124 Posts

Thanks for sharing this information @soulsea

Old 07-06-2024, 05:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Am I the only one who wants something I can’t have?

Green
Sienna leather
20s

Of course… lol

For those who saw it in person, any color (pun intended) you can share on the Petra copper shade? What it might be similar to? No interest in either grey.

Old 07-06-2024, 07:20 PM
Overlanding
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoLR

Green
Sienna leather
20s

Of course… lol

For those who saw it in person, any color (pun intended) you can share on the Petra copper shade? What it might be similar to? No interest in either grey.
I'd say it certainly has more of a copper hue where the similar color on Range Rover is a gold tone. On display in LA with 22" wheels on the Petra it looked really nice, Sienna leather really made it a gorgeous show stopper. It's an everyone has a different taste thing, and while the Petra showed well, I just feel I'd get tired of it in time (of course the same could be said for Faroe). The hood badging with the detail around it looked great on the Petra. A fantastic combo would have been the Faroe Green with a Sienna interior. While the Khaki Ultrafabric looks good with the Faroe (and I would order that combo) my wife and both would have spec'd Faroe / Sienna if an option.

Old 07-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Mudding
Received 289 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm still trying to justify purchasing the new V8 Defender but I can't justify spending over $120,000.00 plus my perfect 30k mi. Defender 90 trade in for the new OCTA..

Nah I'll just sit back and watch..$160,000.00 for a truck, it is a strange new world..

Old 07-07-2024, 02:15 PM
BD1
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoLR

Green
Sienna leather
20s

Of course… lol

This is exactly the combo I want

Quick Reply: Invitation to see the OCTA unveiling (and updates)