Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Junk! Just junk!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 07:31 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junk! Just junk!

First post, I have never posted and had no plans on posting, but people should be made aware of how junk these things are... After selling my 2016 Volvo XC90 RDesign I was pumped on ordering the new defender. It was love at first sight the second I seen one in person. I have never purchased LR, but have heard the issues with reliability so I decided to order a 2021 hoping with all the 2020’s rolling around it would give JLR time to work out the bugs. I took delivery last month on my 2021 P300 2.0. Within 400 miles the check engine light came on. Called the dealer “don’t worry, if it’s not blinking you can drive it just fine. We are taking new service appointments 2 weeks out currently “. A day later the thing is shaking uncontrollably and dies if I stop at a light. Called back the dealer “ ok try and bring it in.” I was hesitant, but the dealer is 5 min. from my home so I drove it slowly and made it. After going over the check engine light and the fact the key won’t open the door unless it’s in my hand the service manager looks me directly in the eye and says “ we have no service loaners, but I will call a rental car company and I will make sure and get you our cost on the rental” yes, they were trying to get me to pay for the service loaner. I have purchased plenty of new vehicles from Japanese, American, German Volvo (China) and now this. Not one time have I ever been told “we will get you a loaner that you will be paying for from a rental car company”. Insane...

I have had the vehicle back for a couple hundred miles and the shaking is starting to come back. They replaced a few items and did some tinkering, but it is not dialed in correctly and still occasionally dies at stop lights.

YTD with 600 miles on the odometer.

1. Key issues opening the doors
2. lane departure is garbage (5th vehicles with this option) I understand this is new technology, but keeping the lane keep assist engaged on this land rover is dangerous.
3. check engine light with shaking
4. won’t keep my iPhone info saved
5.14 MPG on average
6. Rear traffic warning works rarely
7. As huge as this thing is my golf clubs struggle to fit in the rear. If you have two sets forget about a fold up push cart.
8. More orange peel than a MACO paint job.

if you are considering this vehicle and are coming to the site like I did for tidbits on how the vehicle runs/performs I only have one piece of advice, DON’T DO IT! They are JUNK!