2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover Accusing me of Exporting a car. Banned from purchasing any JLR product

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2023, 02:47 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Land Rover Accusing me of Exporting a car. Banned from purchasing any JLR product

need some help from the forum members.

i am being falsely accused of exporting a Land Rover to another country which there is a flag attached to my name and now anybody in my household is not allowed purchase a JLR product

my wife is in the process of finalizing her purchase and this came up.

i have only owned two JLR products in my life, a 2020 defender which i sold back to the dealer and my current 2022 defender which i still own.

from the vague details i am getting it appears it based on the 2022. i have provided every document showing i still own the car and even Facetimed the dealership showing the car is still mine.

not sure what the issues is to clear my name but from my research i have been told this flagged list of managed on the dealerships level. I have called JLR North America 3 times trying to squeeze as much info from each rep and they are saying they have no control

i believe my local dealership flagged me as we ordered a car and was promised a price but when the car arrived they tried to charge a much higher mark up. we ended up walking from the deal. Seems extremely bold for them to do something like that but there is no other possibilities that i can think of

does anyone know more about the subject that can chime in

Old 05-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I would call JLR North America again and ask to speak with a manager. This is absurd, especially since you still own your 2022 and the the 2020 sold back to the dealer. JLR should be able to get to the bottom of this as well as the source of the party who placed you on such a list. If they do not cooperate with you or clear your name, have your attorney write them a letter which will get their attention. Someone did put your name on the list and it could have been by error, which needs to be rectified if you did not export any LR vehicles. Just be persistent and do not give up your right!

Old 05-12-2023, 03:26 PM
Winching

called JLR NA 3 times already and it’s just the customer service line. the reps don’t know much and had requested their supervisor for info.

wishing i had a different number to call. Even found JLR NA corporate office but they transferred me to the same customer service line.

i highly doubt someone added my name by accident as it has a vin associated.

only two ways to get banned. Car hits a export port and vin is flagged or a dealer adds you.

Legal counsel is definitely in the future but right now i need this cleared up asap

Originally Posted by wcc18999
I would call JLR North America again and ask to speak with a manager. This is absurd, especially since you still own your 2022 and the the 2020 sold back to the dealer. JLR should be able to get to the bottom of this as well as the source of the party who placed you on such a list. If they do not cooperate with you or clear your name, have your attorney write them a letter which will get their attention. Someone did put your name on the list and it could have been by error, which needs to be rectified if you did not export any LR vehicles. Just be persistent and do not give up your right!

Old 05-12-2023, 03:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
called JLR NA 3 times already and it’s just the customer service line. the reps don’t know much and had requested their supervisor for info.

wishing i had a different number to call. Even found JLR NA corporate office but they transferred me to the same customer service line.

only two ways to get banned. Car hits a export port and vin is flagged or a dealer adds you.

Legal counsel is definitely in the future but right now i need this cleared up asap
Are you sure those are the only two ways? It seems to me the likely issue was the '22 you walked away from, which JLR likely had your name on as the ordering customer, was sold and exported. If it shows up overseas at a Land Rover dealer with a USA VIN, maybe they are required to report it. I can't believe that your local dealer would do something like that. Just speculating.

Old 05-12-2023, 03:36 PM
Winching

the car we ordered and walked away from is still on the lot. my local dealer is out of their minds. they have over 15 defenders on the lot and every car has a mark up.

Originally Posted by drgek
Are you sure those are the only two ways? It seems to me the likely issue was the '22 you walked away from, which JLR likely had your name on as the ordering customer, was sold and exported. If it shows up overseas at a Land Rover dealer with a USA VIN, maybe they are required to report it. I can't believe that your local dealer would do something like that. Just speculating.

Old 05-12-2023, 03:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

the car we ordered and walked away from is still on the lot. my local dealer is out of their minds. they have over 15 defenders on the lot and every car has a mark up.
Well, there goes my explanation...
Still, I think a local dealer deliberately pulling a stunt like that could risk their dealer agreement. It's troubling that you can't connect to the right people at JLR to correct this.

Old 05-12-2023, 05:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

The other possibility is VIN fraud.

​​​
amardell@jaguarlandrover.com

Adrian Mardell is the acting CEO.

nblenkinsop@jaguarlandrover.com

Nigel Blenkinsop is Director of Customer Something or Other.

Those are from various websites, should be accurate?

Bark up that tree and, when their assistants read it, you'll likely get a response.

Alternately, send super-polite overnight letters to their attention with something like "please help! urgent but very simple customer issue" written on the outside. From my past-life c-suite experience, I can almost promise you that this will be met with "Why the hell is this coming to me??!! Someone fix this now!"

Good luck!

Last edited by _Allegedly; 05-12-2023 at 05:37 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
Elektrapops (05-13-2023), NoGaBiker (05-13-2023), WAFOX (05-12-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 06:32 PM
Winching
Received 611 Likes on 291 Posts

Something fishy here. Just not sure where the smell is coming from. Lots of people suggesting emails and letters to be sent to JLR. But from reading the previous posts, please have someone help with the grammar, punctuation and sentence structure if you expect to be taken seriously. Corporate offices tend to address these issues at a higher level, and the current level is not up there just yet. Just saying.

Old 05-12-2023, 07:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Whenever you call customer service, you need to be persistent with your demand to speak with a manager. Mention lawsuit repeatedly or just have your attorney call and send a letter. Also, I would notify the Better Business Bureau as well as your State's attorney general or their consumer protection division. It is work but you can definitely get something done about it. Keep calling everyday until you speak to someone who can do something about it, that is, if you still want to buy LR products after this ordeal. Just sayin....Good luck.

Old 05-12-2023, 10:00 PM
Mudding
Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Ok, I was staying quiet, but WTFChuck said it. I’m not tracking the fact of refusing an ordered unit, but the OP still owns a ‘22. From the same dealer? Something’s not tracking here….yes, may be a translation issue…..???

Quick Reply: Land Rover Accusing me of Exporting a car. Banned from purchasing any JLR product