Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover ADM's

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 10:57 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by tornado_735
Ask away! I've yet to see this in person, but its a scenario I've seen on Bronco6G.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer for you. I know there is a recall on the passenger side airbag on some for being folded incorrectly, causing deployment issues. That might be affecting parts availability. My best advice is to keep pestering the dealer and see if they have the part emergency ordered. Usually, if you harass the special group enough that deals with parts, they tend to find stuff.

From what I understand, everybody says the wait is worth it. I just inquired about the Defender because I have wanted one since I heard they were coming back. But, I also want the ability to pull the roof and doors off without stooping down to the level of a Wrangler.

Stay the course my brother.
Dealer did tell me they have a limited number of emergency orders and they used one for me mostly because I've been very chill about the situation with them and that "most Bronco buyers are complete asshoIes". I believe him on that one.

I've been bouncing around the Ford phone tree and they seem to want me to only talk to the New Vehicle Support Team. Is there a corporate# for parts?

Fwiw,. I've had my Defender since December and love it but I've also driven the Bronco and it's a great truck. Just... different.

Thank you.

Last edited by _Allegedly; 02-16-2022 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-16-2022, 11:04 AM
Received 86 Likes on 37 Posts

Interesting stories about ADM's. My son at dealer #1 ordered at sticker week and half ago, after that, goes to dealer #2 to check out the color he is interested in, then they show him a unit that was marked sold, but buyer most likely can't get financed approved. The salesman tells my young son he can have it a sticker, we were shocked, he bought it last night and even after sales tax, he has a online company offer for $12K over his out the door cost! Salesman told my son he could of sold it to someone else, but he decided to offer it to him at sticker, not sure if true or not.. So he will drive this "bridge" defender and then sell it once his order comes in in six months or so.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Dealer did tell me they have a limited number of emergency orders and they used one for me mostly because I've been very chill about the situation with them and that "most Bronco buyers are complete asshoIes". I believe him on that one.

I've been bouncing around the Ford phone tree and they seem to want me to only talk to the New Vehicle Support Team. Is there a corporate# for parts?

Fwiw,. I've had my Defender since December and love it but I've also driven the Bronco and it's a great truck. Just... different.

Thank you.
The only number I have is probably the same number you have: 1800-334-4375.

Let me do this: private message me either your VIN or the airbag part number, and I'll see if I can get a better answer from our parts department here at work.

The following users liked this post:
GavinC (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 11:40 AM
Overlanding
Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm buying at sticker as well.

I test drove a 110 last spring and loved it but decided I didn't want to spend the money at the time. I bough a very nice used 2018 Q7 instead.
A few weeks ago I did some searching and discovered that I had equity in the Q7 and also that it will likely be gone once this used car bubble bursts in 6 months or whenever. So I searched out Defenders again to see if there were any out there.

I found a dealer in Dayton OH that had a X-Dynamic set to arrive a few weeks later that wasn't spoken for. I put down a deposit two weeks ago and I should hopefully pick it up this week! It's on a truck somewhere between port and Dayton right now.

They initially told me that instead of dealer markups they force you to buy a $2 or $3k maintenance plan from the dealership but then let me opt out later in the process.

I'm thrilled to get it and to know that if I decide its too much $$ in the next year I can very likely sell it for what I have in it and move on.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by tornado_735
The only number I have is probably the same number you have: 1800-334-4375.

Let me do this: private message me either your VIN or the airbag part number, and I'll see if I can get a better answer from our parts department here at work.
I sincerely thank you but, I got some great news. When I just called the dealer to get the part number they told me it was overnighted to them and they had just finished it.

Apparently someone that I talked to yesterday at corporate made it happen. I did everything I could to be polite and thankful for any help they could offer and it seems that it worked.

I'm flying up to get it tomorrow and drive it home with my son 1100 miles over 4 days. I'm more excited for this than I was the Defender. Pics are coming soon.

Thanks again for the offer!!

tornado_735 (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 05:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
I sincerely thank you but, I got some great news. When I just called the dealer to get the part number they told me it was overnighted to them and they had just finished it.

Apparently someone that I talked to yesterday at corporate made it happen. I did everything I could to be polite and thankful for any help they could offer and it seems that it worked.

I'm flying up to get it tomorrow and drive it home with my son 1100 miles over 4 days. I'm more excited for this than I was the Defender. Pics are coming soon.

Thanks again for the offer!!
HA!! I told you, pester them enough and they'll make it happen. CONGRATS!

_Allegedly (02-16-2022)