Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lazer Lamp light bar in grille w/ Intelligent Low Beam Assist

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 11:46 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,253 Likes on 672 Posts
Default Lazer Lamp light bar in grille w/ Intelligent Low Beam Assist

Has anyone fitted the Lazer Lamps Linear 18 Elite with Intelligent Low Beam Assist? I'm picking this up for my Defender, pretty excited. Check this video out (may be old news to some of you but I couldn't find anyone on here who has this exact setup?

My hope is that my other half won't notice this in the grille haha. My expedition roof rack plans have been placed on hold as there's no way I can sneak that on the Defender without causing a ruckus at home.

Last edited by nashvegas; 01-28-2022 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:13 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 108 Likes on 38 Posts
Old 01-29-2022, 11:48 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,253 Likes on 672 Posts

Saw that. Brilliant. Did you have the low beam assist thing in the video? (I have seen no one post about it yet and it's been out for a year or so)

Old 01-30-2022, 04:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

I’m going to use the lazer lamp mounting kit for the lower grill, but got different lights because I needed SAE/dot approved to be legal for road use in my State and/or anywhere else in the US. Lazer lamps as far as I could tell are not SAE/DOT approved so not legal for road use in our market.

Old 01-30-2022, 06:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Tartan,
just wondering if you considered the lucky 8 light bar?

Old 01-30-2022, 06:52 PM
Rock Crawling

No, I’m really just interested in boosting my high beams for on road driving. I can’t see myself ever driving around on trails or doing any kind of off road at night, and roof lights are illegal for on-road use. Driving lights for on road use have to be mounted more or less equal to or below the headlights in my state and need to be SAE/dot approved and marked on the lens in order to pass inspection.

Old 01-30-2022, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

If memory serves Lucky8 has a light bar mount for the grill the same as used in Trek

Old 01-30-2022, 08:50 PM
Rock Crawling

They do have a grill mount but they’re just reselling a Baja Designs single bar that mounts in the optional a frame front. I don’t have the a-frame, and the Baja designs single bar is not legal on road either.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:46 PM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

i have been eyeing these for awhile but don’t understand the topic well enough. sent some inquires to Lazer but got very technical email responses which got me even more confused

i heard these things are crazy bright and not sure when i would really use them without causing an accident

let me know how it goes. love some real life reviews.

Originally Posted by nashvegas
Has anyone fitted the Lazer Lamps Linear 18 Elite with Intelligent Low Beam Assist? I'm picking this up for my Defender, pretty excited. Check this video out (may be old news to some of you but I couldn't find anyone on here who has this exact setup? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdlMTBAHz70

My hope is that my other half won't notice this in the grille haha. My expedition roof rack plans have been placed on hold as there's no way I can sneak that on the Defender without causing a ruckus at home.

The following users liked this post:
nashvegas (01-31-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 01:23 AM
Drifting
Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been looking at them as well. I like these for the mounting hardware but would just wire them to a switch. The RedArc tow control will use a good switch location so I will have to see what is available when this truck arrives. Anyone have both installed or have suggestions for good switch locations would like to see pics.

I've been happy with Rigid LED's on other vehicles and wonder if these flush mounts (or similar) could be made to work on the grill by cutting a similar footprint and finding a good mounting point. https://www.rigidindustries.com/sr-q...nt-935313.html

Raw lumen output on these RIGID LED's are 4752 per light, Laser states 4620, 5068 with Elite. Similar. Looking at the photos and demo video of the Laser lights its ok, doesn't blow me away, Rigids do the same. The mounting brackets are the selling feature for me.

Looks like LRparts.net has the regular (not Elite) for a bit less if you want to save a buck https://www.lrparts.net/da2859-defen...ation-kit.html

Quick Reply: Lazer Lamp light bar in grille w/ Intelligent Low Beam Assist