Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loaner policy

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 08:51 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Loaner policy

Hi all- just trying to educate myself on Land Rover policy. I'm getting the notorious tail lamp recall notice taken care of, and when I scheduled the appointment at my local dealer (where I didn't purchase the vehicle) they said I wasn't entitled to a loaner since I didn't purchase there. Wondering if the Loaner program is funded by the dealer or by Land Rover? With Porsche, it didn't matter- I always got loaners no matter which dealer I took the car to for warranty work.. this experience makes me feel like I bought a Kia.

Old 10-05-2021, 09:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts

Loaners are funded by the dealer (at least that is my understanding).

Across this forum, we have many dealers who customers really seem to like. Unfortunately, we also have the opposite -- where a fast buck seems to be the strategy.

There are also many historical dealers and many new ones -- and their approaches appear different. One long-term and one short-term.

My suggestion is to let the folks on the forum know generally where you live and see if they can make a positive recommendation.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (10-06-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 09:07 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner

My suggestion is to let the folks on the forum know generally where you live and see if they can make a positive recommendation.

thank you for the suggestion @TrioLRowner . I live in the Ft Lauderdale, FL area. Any local dealer recommendations would be appreciated

Old 10-05-2021, 09:21 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by mreloc
thank you for the suggestion @TrioLRowner . I live in the Ft Lauderdale, FL area. Any local dealer recommendations would be appreciated
I have been servicing my D5 and now my D90 at LR North Dade and happy with it (but mainly because after several tries I found the right service advisor, which is ultimately the key thing with dealer service). Unfortunately loaners are an issue there too, mainly because asking for a loaner implies ridiculous wait times. I usually only request a loaner when performing scheduled maintenance which can be booked well in advance.

As to your question re loaners and buying from them, coincidentally today was the first time taking the D90 in (which I did not buy from them) as the check engine light turned on. I was offered a loaner when I called to schedule that appointment but in order to get one I would have to wait until November to bring it in, so, as I usually do when scheduled unplanned visits, I just went with first date available and did not ask for a loaner.

Happy to reference you to my SA if you want to try North Dade, he is solid!

Last edited by Juancl; 10-05-2021 at 09:28 AM.
mreloc (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 09:25 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

Yes, that’s usually the case but they usually if not always arrange a rental. Most dealerships here though provide an LR loaner regardless.

mreloc (10-05-2021)