2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR Newbie - 110 Defender on Tugela ship!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 08:36 AM
4wd Low
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LR Newbie - 110 Defender on Tugela ship!

Hi my fellow newbies!!

Looking to see if anyone else has a vehicle coming on the Tugela shipping vessel!! I have a 110 Defender coming outta Slovakia with an estimated arrival at the Baltimore, MD port on 22Sep!! Anyone else waiting excitedly in anticipation?🥳🎉​​​​​​

Old 09-21-2022, 05:30 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Hope she has a safe journey, congrats.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:04 AM
4wd Low
Default Thank You!

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Hope she has a safe journey, congrats.
Thank you Deputy!! Been stalking the ship on VesselFinder.com, but it's been really patchy reception, so minimal updates without the satellite subscription. Tugela is set to arrive at port tomorrow, so hopefully some updates to come! Do you have a Defender too?

Old 09-22-2022, 06:26 PM
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did your dealer tell you yours is on the ship? I hope mine is with yours but I have no idea. All I was provided was my built date August 26th and delivery date October 21st to Dallas!

Old 09-22-2022, 08:14 PM
4wd Low
Default Be sure to ask!

Originally Posted by USFGIRL
Did your dealer tell you yours is on the ship? I hope mine is with yours but I have no idea. All I was provided was my built date August 26th and delivery date October 21st to Dallas!
👋 Hi USFGirl!! Yea, I found out it was on the ship about a week ago. My build date was July 18th and then on the ship August 29th, with an arrival at the dealer in New Jersey on October 7th.

I tracked the ship using these trackers and it's literally pulling into the Baltimore Port tonight around 11pmET. Be sure to ask your LR rep which ship its on, as they're for sure able to see that in the system! You GOTTA keep me posted on what you find out! Hope the links below help!!😊

https://shipfix.com/ship/tugela_IMO-9505065

https://shipinfo.net/find_vessel_Tug...8264000#to_map

Old 09-22-2022, 10:15 PM
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m definitely going to do that tomorrow! Bummer if your ship left the 29th I doubt mine is on it as it’s too close to the build date. Keep me posted on your delivery and if you lost any standard features because of the shortages. I’m going to be awfully sad if mine doesn’t come with the large screen. Excited for you and jealous!

Old 09-23-2022, 11:21 AM
4wd Low
Default STAY Excited!!

Originally Posted by USFGIRL
I’m definitely going to do that tomorrow! Bummer if your ship left the 29th I doubt mine is on it as it’s too close to the build date. Keep me posted on your delivery and if you lost any standard features because of the shortages. I’m going to be awfully sad if mine doesn’t come with the large screen. Excited for you and jealous!
Do NOT lose your excitement USFGIRL!!! Stay the course!! Lol I promise you I was feeling the same way, and just wondering and wondering what was going on. Then BOOM!! Things picked up and started moving quickly and now I'm just on for the ride!

So before my 110 even was on the ship, heck, even before the order was built, there was already back and forth in regards to screen shortages abd availability. Up until the last day for order adjustments, my agent was unsure if I'd get my larger screen. Welp, turns out in the end, I did not. I lost the larger screen, but when you see the actual difference in person, it's quite negligible, and I'd rather have the entire vehicle than be upset over a missing inch or two for the dash screen.

Continue to keep me posted!! Your ship WILL come in! Be sure to ask your agent the name of the ship also!

Old 09-27-2022, 06:49 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tugela arriving Baltimore Dundalk Marine Terminal

JLR dealer tells me my my P300 110S is onboard

Old 09-27-2022, 07:49 AM
Mudding
Received 125 Likes on 75 Posts

My brother in law was in Baltimore last week and said that he saw Defenders of every shape and size in port, being unloaded and getting ready for transport!

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (09-28-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 08:35 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by MikeCt

JLR dealer tells me my my P300 110S is onboard
Cheeaaahhh!!! 🙌🙌 That's so awesome Mike! I spoke to my dealer yesterday and mine was unloaded and getting the final accessory pack installs down at the Port of Baltimore before it'll be loaded onto the truck! He said he'd let me know the line order of loading that way we could time out appx when she'd arrive at the dealership. We all have to share photos when we get the keys to our bEaSts!!!

Quick Reply: LR Newbie - 110 Defender on Tugela ship!