Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR Posts Build Delays by Model/Trim

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 12:39 PM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
"Severely impacted and limited availability" just sounds hopeless. Has to be the worst.

Are you trying to get the black painted top or the off-black MIC top?
Weird that it's all P300s but makes sense for the V8s.

Old 10-10-2021, 12:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,405 Likes on 708 Posts

Damn good looking Bronco.

This is what I'm trying to figure out next. Granger Ford is known as pretty much the undisputed king of customer service for Ford. Amazing dealership. They are currently holding around 1% of all open orders and Ford just murdered them with allocation.

My order is in with Laura Ford in St Louis bcs we have friends there who off-road and Laura had $2k off sticker with no fees. Was going to fly up with my son, pick it up, do some light off-roading with the friends and then stop in Nashville for a couple nights on the way back to Florida. Just a dad/son thing.

No idea what this new Ford allocation scheme means to me.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threa...be-easy.25052/

The following users liked this post:
4x4 DAVE (10-10-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 12:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Location: Summer in Upstate NY, Winter in South Florida, Spring and Fall in Kentucky
Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Damn good looking Bronco.

This is what I'm trying to figure out next. Granger Ford is known as pretty much the undisputed king of customer service for Ford. Amazing dealership. They are currently holding around 1% of all open orders and Ford just murdered them with allocation.

My order is in with Laura Ford in St Louis bcs we have friends there who off-road and Laura had $2k off sticker with no fees. Was going to fly up with my son, pick it up, do some light off-roading with the friends and then stop in Nashville for a couple nights on the way back to Florida. Just a dad/son thing.

No idea what this new Ford allocation scheme means to me.

My Bronco orders are with Stephens Auto Center in West Virginia… (they offered a similar deal as Grangers… $1000 under invoice).
I also am on the Bronco6g forum

In October of 2020 Ford had these documents to show the difference between the Bronco trims… since changed but the Wildtrak was originally supposed to come with the Black Painted Modular Top standard.

Last edited by 4x4 DAVE; 10-10-2021 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:13 PM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Just when you think Ford couldn't get more consumer unfriendly...

Luckily (maybe) for me, I have a VIN and a 11/1 build date scheduled for my soft top Black Diamond. We'll see if it actually makes that schedule. The black painted mod top won't make an appearance before MY2023, and my guess is that it will be from a new top maker besides Webasto, and be late MY23 at the earliest. Contrast white painted hard tops are an absolute theoretical.

4x4 DAVE (10-10-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 03:24 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Mcdooogs
Just when you think Ford couldn't get more consumer unfriendly...
It gets better!

When people were complaining that Ford dealers were throwing on unexpected ADM's at Bronco deliveries, Mike Levine, their NA spokesman said tough luck buster, buyers should have known to pick a dealer that agrees to a price up front... Ford can't control that.

Here he is responding to this latest fiasco where they are hacking allocation from 1 of only 2 dealers that actually agreed to do exactly what Mike suggested. Sell below sticker in writing.

Sometimes being in the dark is better than turning on the lights and seeing what's in it. LR wins this round by not having their own version of Mike running his bucket all day.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

With the last schedule date of January 2022 for my 110-X and this update "Severely impacted and limited availability" I'm thinking the new Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE TrailHawk would be a good alternative. Air suspension, off-road capabilities, towing capacity, interior improvements, plug in hybrid, and a price 10's of thousands less than LR....

Old 10-11-2021, 01:34 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by MrBreeze
With the last schedule date of January 2022 for my 110-X and this update "Severely impacted and limited availability" I'm thinking the new Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE TrailHawk would be a good alternative. Air suspension, off-road capabilities, towing capacity, interior improvements, plug in hybrid, and a price 10's of thousands less than LR....
If you go with a Jeep, I strongly recommend Grainger in Iowa. They are amazing. Top notch best service you will ever get and they are handling out Jeep deals like crazy. If you read through the Bronco forum real quick it will make sense.

Old 10-11-2021, 07:44 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,356 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBreeze
Couldn’t fault you for that decision. We had a 2011 (first year of WK2) Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi. It had air suspension and true 2-speed transfer case, and (depending on tires) some really strong off-road capability. I never used it for that, of course, since I had a Wrangler also, but did test it out a few times when my wife wasnt’ with me (it was her car.) The ownership experience was decent but not great. The biggest disappointment was when the entire upper dash cover pulled free from its glue and wrinkled up like a sharpei at about year 5, iirc. Always garaged at home (not at work), and under 10k a year, and the leather just let go. they replaced the entire dash, $2200, and Jeep paid for half of it, which was better than nothing, for sure, but I’d have preferred it not happen, needless to say.

The other thing is this: if you are used to premium dealerships you simply cannot believe how low-rent a DCJR dealership is, at least the 4 closest to my house or office, where I’ve gone for work at different times. I won’t go into any details — suffice it to say you’re treated like a Russian peasant applying for the weekly ration of potatoes in 1956 Leningrad. Yeah, the physical space is pretty terrible, but that’s expected, and who cares, really? But the long lines, the harried service writers trying to answer the phones and take the next customer, the customers trying to rent loaners (no freebies), etc.

Old 10-13-2021, 01:44 PM
Overlanding
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmmm, wonder what the odds are that my 110 build due for delivery on 11/5/21 makes it here before July 2022? I'm going to say 0.001%

Old 10-13-2021, 02:02 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by COWillie
Hmmmm, wonder what the odds are that my 110 build due for delivery on 11/5/21 makes it here before July 2022? I'm going to say 0.001%
If it's supposed to be handed over to you on 11/5, it should be built and on the way and your dealer should be able to give you specifics from Vista.

COWillie (10-14-2021)

Quick Reply: LR Posts Build Delays by Model/Trim