2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Model 2023 - Production and delivery date

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 01:23 PM
Mudding
Received 309 Likes on 90 Posts

For those who missed my message in another thread- the P300 vehicles are open for ordering this month- the P400 is not.

The P400 has an MHEV system which requires a great deal more chips than the P300. We would love to be focused on building P400 right now as the margins are better, but we simply can't do it. It's a win for the folks seeking a more affordable Defender though as it has allowed us to focus on outstanding orders and take orders for P300.

Keep in mind that retailers have limited orders they can take and they're likely going to prioritize good or long-term customers or people building pricier spec cars with more options and accessories and thus more profit for them. We certainly discourage it, but we can't control it. I hear things are especially messy in the state of California (which always seems to be a problem spot in the states) so do try to avoid it if possible.

The following 2 users liked this post by The Insider:
catman (02-16-2022), Drednot (02-16-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 08:50 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by The Insider
For those who missed my message in another thread- the P300 vehicles are open for ordering this month- the P400 is not.

The P400 has an MHEV system which requires a great deal more chips than the P300. We would love to be focused on building P400 right now as the margins are better, but we simply can't do it. It's a win for the folks seeking a more affordable Defender though as it has allowed us to focus on outstanding orders and take orders for P300.

Keep in mind that retailers have limited orders they can take and they're likely going to prioritize good or long-term customers or people building pricier spec cars with more options and accessories and thus more profit for them. We certainly discourage it, but we can't control it. I hear things are especially messy in the state of California (which always seems to be a problem spot in the states) so do try to avoid it if possible.
Is this for both 90 & 110?

Old 02-17-2022, 11:08 AM
Mudding
Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts

I hear things are especially messy in the state of California (which always seems to be a problem spot in the states) so do try to avoid it if possible.
The problem areas (in regards to Defender sales) are the urban areas, but that is because the average income is dramatically higher than the rest of the country. Therefore.. much higher markups.. and dealers for the most part only wanting highly spec'ed vehicles. A few exceptions come in mind, but this is true for most dealers. I got lucky with my 22 Defender X but many others are happily paying $20+ in markup for vehicles that go for sale on the lot.

Anyway, I'm loving your input and feedback from the corporate side of things. Very helpful and keep it coming!
I know this is a single request.. but please bring the PHEV to the U.S.!

Old 02-18-2022, 03:10 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts
Default 2/18 build

I have confirmation that my P300 Defender 90S 2023 was built and is about to leave for the UK and then finally Illinois.

I am told that my delivery date is still first week of April... wondering if earlier is possible!?

X-

Old 02-18-2022, 04:01 PM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Xploit
I have confirmation that my P300 Defender 90S 2023 was built and is about to leave for the UK and then finally Illinois.

I am told that my delivery date is still first week of April... wondering if earlier is possible!?

X-
2 weeks in transit, 2 weeks in port/customs, another week 3-4 days from port to dealer. That is just a rough estimate from someone that imports containers regularly, port/customs may be more streamlined than a small importer like me.

The following users liked this post:
Xploit (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 04:24 PM
Mudding
Received 309 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Xploit

X-
Things are quite slow at the US NJ port these days (combination of available transit and volume at port) and even the cars earmarked for JLR execs are taking weeks to get loaded, so first week of April sounds spot on.

The following users liked this post:
Xploit (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Mudding

Things are quite slow at the US NJ port these days (combination of available transit and volume at port) and even the cars earmarked for JLR execs are taking weeks to get loaded, so first week of April sounds spot on.
Eh, not terrible compared to other ports. Maybe 2-3 extra days there, just had 2 containers go through Newark last week that were pretty timely. Trucking is a different story, though auto transport is a different situation.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:20 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

mine was a 2/18 build and now the status is "built" 2/25.. 4/15 date at retailer didnt move (yet)

Old 02-18-2022, 05:22 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by MacMia
mine was a 2/18 build and now the status is "built" 2/25.. 4/15 date at retailer didnt move (yet)
Did the dealer give you a way to check the status online, or was it from them sending you an updated build out PDF?

Old 02-18-2022, 05:24 PM
Overlanding
Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine left port in NJ for my dealer in Dayton over a week ago - it’s killing me!

Quick Reply: Model 2023 - Production and delivery date