Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More pictures as promised

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2023, 12:37 PM
Mudding
Received 97 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by slavb
I really looking for the winches. How difficult is to install the OEM like yours
If that was meant for me that is not the OEM winch it is the lucky8 stealth winch kit. It is not hard at all in my opinion. Took about 12 hours total and works great.

The following users liked this post:
slavb (11-05-2023)
Old 11-05-2023, 12:38 PM
Mudding

No noise at all. I drove today with open roof and haven’t noticed anything unusual. Although I haven’t attached anything on the rack yet. The bare rack itself doesn’t generate any wind noise or any noise at all.
Good to know. Very nice looking setup. Did you buy from the Chinese direct supplier or a distributor? I saw on another post about the price difference for the same item.

Last edited by ORDPA; 11-05-2023 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-05-2023, 12:48 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ORDPA
Good to know. Very nice looking setup. Did you buy from the Chinese direct supplier or a distributor? I saw on another post about the price difference for the same item.
go to www. Green4x4cn. They don’t have online prices but If send email they will be back to you and take it from there. I asked some discount. They ship with their freight company. I paid 475 for the rack and ladder door to door delivery. Any advice regarding the front bumper options ?

Old 11-05-2023, 06:21 PM
Mudding

go to www. Green4x4cn. They don’t have online prices but If send email they will be back to you and take it from there. I asked some discount. They ship with their freight company. I paid 475 for the rack and ladder door to door delivery. Any advice regarding the front bumper options ?
I will check that out. As for bumpers I really liked the Rhino 4x4 front bumper out of Australia but wasn’t excited about paying as much for shipping as the bumper cost. I also think the OEM winch A frame is not attractive. I like the lucky8 stealth winch as it retains the factory look and is very functional. They are working on a bull bar that mounts to it which I am excited to see as I think that will be the direction I end up going.

Old 11-05-2023, 06:29 PM
Drifting

I will check that out. As for bumpers I really liked the Rhino 4x4 front bumper out of Australia but wasn’t excited about paying as much for shipping as the bumper cost. I also think the OEM winch A frame is not attractive. I like the lucky8 stealth winch as it retains the factory look and is very functional. They are working on a bull bar that mounts to it which I am excited to see as I think that will be the direction I end up going.
thank you very much. Totally agree about the OEM looks ugly. I’m considering the PLUMB bumper They are working now to add the winch option as well. So will wait a bi

t

Old 11-05-2023, 07:27 PM
Mudding

thank you very much. Totally agree about the OEM looks ugly. I’m considering the PLUMB bumper They are working now to add the winch option as well. So will wait a bi

t
I saw that the other day. I think it looks nice. If they add a winch Mount that will be a nice option.

Old 11-05-2023, 09:29 PM
Mudding
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

t
Someone on their Facebook post asked about strength/reinforcement. Their response was it’s primarily for city use, FYI. I would look to Lucky 8 or Expedition One. Until LR offers their bullbar here in the US, we are stuck looking to aftermarket options if we want to avoid paying ridiculous up charge from a drop shipper.

I have looked into these extensively. I am still questioning how effective the OEM bullbar would actually be in a collision, given its linkage points and car’s unibody construction. It sure does look awesome though.

I think the ideal option, from purely an off-road capability standpoint, is Sarek’s Gen 2 bumper. That one greatly improves the compromised winch height and access.

Old 11-05-2023, 09:31 PM
Drifting

Thank you very much. Very helpful!!!

Old 11-06-2023, 06:37 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by EchorecT7E
Someone on their Facebook post asked about strength/reinforcement. Their response was it’s primarily for city use, FYI. I would look to Lucky 8 or Expedition One. Until LR offers their bullbar here in the US, we are stuck looking to aftermarket options if we want to avoid paying ridiculous up charge from a drop shipper.

I have looked into these extensively. I am still questioning how effective the OEM bullbar would actually be in a collision, given its linkage points and car’s unibody construction. It sure does look awesome though.

I think the ideal option, from purely an off-road capability standpoint, is Sarek’s Gen 2 bumper. That one greatly improves the compromised winch height and access.
All very good advice. I forgot to mention that Lucky8 has a front bumper in the works as well. That may be a good option like the Sarek bumper if one wants a fully capable front bumper replacement with winch mount.

The following users liked this post:
inater (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 10:18 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 417 Likes on 171 Posts

All very good advice. I forgot to mention that Lucky8 has a front bumper in the works as well. That may be a good option like the Sarek bumper if one wants a fully capable front bumper replacement with winch mount.
Have been waiting for this one..... Hurry up Lucky8!

Quick Reply: More pictures as promised