Old 09-13-2020, 07:04 AM
8th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Multiple issues

Have a D240, 1,500 Miles and so far:
- noisy A pillar
- repeated low battery warnings
- Touchscreen occasionally not booting up
- forward collision warning/braking not working even though shown as on (radar not working perhaps)
- missing locking wheel nut adapter (lucky I checked for it before needing it!)
- service information not showing - "not available"

Vehicle going back to the dealer for the third time next week. Not happy.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:32 PM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

In regards to the forward collision alert, you can change the sensitivity of it in the settings--which I did. You may not think it works, but if you think about it, you shouldn't be in a near collision situation that often (maybe once a month would be a lot.....more if you drive while distracted--such as texting and driving). If someone cuts in front of you and you slam on the brakes right away, it won't go off because you are already reacting. I find that mine goes off maybe once or twice a month in my Defender.

----------------------------------------------------------
2020 Defender 110 First Edition Indus Silver (Current)
2020 Discovery HSE Luxury Si6 Fuji White (Current)
2015 RRS Autobiography Fuji White (Former)
2011 RRS Supercharged Fuji White (Former)
2008 LR2 Fuji White (Former)

Originally Posted by DanDef
- noisy A pillar
- forward collision warning/braking not working even though shown as on (radar not working perhaps)

The following users liked this post:
Freemey (11-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 06:38 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

It’s the first run of Defenders and it’s LR. I would have waited a year or two but since you have it, trade up for another one later and don’t be stuck with headache after headache.

Old 09-14-2020, 04:37 AM
8th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I have it switched to the most sensitive setting but the problem is after a while I get a "not available" message on the dashboard screen, and when I check the settings menu the function has been switched off. I switch it back on but the same thing happens. Even when it is on there is no alert where the situation would clearly call for one and where my dashcam does give a warning.

Freemey (11-13-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 08:54 AM
Mudding
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

I have same question and have posted elsewhere on site about it. Our 2019 Discovery is perfect. When it alerts it should have and it doesn’t happen very often. The camera formation on upper windshield is different and I do believe the forward radar plays a part also-hoping JLR or my dealer has more info so mine is silent except once when changing lanes in traffic in very tight quarters. -I believe it is a system sensitivity issue-so a software fix.

Old 12-14-2020, 10:38 AM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanDef
- noisy A pillar

I had one of the first Evoques (dealer said the S/N indicated it was one of the first 100 built) and it was plagued with problems like these. Endless rattles and squeaks.

I REALLY want a D90 but I'm going to continue holding off until all this sort of stuff is worked out.

Old 12-14-2020, 01:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 104 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a strange issue that happens quasi frequent.

Start up the vehicle, go into reverse first and the cameras have to physically be shut off when I start moving forward via tapping the home button. If I start up the vehicle and go into D (forward) first, the camera function works as normal.

Another issue that is known is the flappy sound coming from the A-Pillar.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:33 AM
Mudding

My P300 October delivery is now software glitch free post 2.0.6 and Live App 12/04/2020. I never had any mechanical issues and any pillar noises. I do/did see some software functions that needed to be re-enabled after last updates. I would almost say the vehicle has to digest any update for a day or so. Forward Alert, rear cross traffic sensitivities are now appropriate. Lane Keep Assist is now as it should be. Adaptive speed limiter and items like Auto High Beam Assist and selection of the side of road you drive on have been sorted out. (drive side of road eliminated as software option at least in NA) The couple of odd warnings always came after an update and have not reoccurred. I drive the Defender everyday and tend to watch it closely after the experience of the first month and 3 software updates-which were needed. I believe I have seen subtle improvements in Pivi Pro Live Apps like weather and in screen responsiveness. For me anyway JLR’s recovery with software updates has been good.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:09 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got the 2.06 update a week ago or so in the US and while my "wake up" word command was set up and was working for a few days and all of sudden wake up word is not working.
Any idea on what is happening. Its not a important thing just curious
Thanks,
saravs

Old 12-16-2020, 01:36 PM
Mudding

I did notice the same and I just turned the wake word off in settings and then back in and it was fine-on some of these after update glitches the Pivi Pro acts like many other tablets we use today it seems.

DonMitsu (12-16-2020)