Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NAS Extended Arch install - Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2023, 08:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts
Default NAS Extended Arch install - Advice Needed

Took delivery of my 110 a couple days ago and opted not to give the dealer almost 2K for the purchase and install of the Extended Arch Protection. I bought a set from PowerfulUK about a month ago and it's time to install. I see the LR instructions but can anyone shed some real world experience in disconnecting the reflector lights? I've seem a couple youtube videos but they have all be ROW arch installs. I'd rather not destroy the stock fenders but this might be unavoidable. From the instructions and the back for the new arches it looks like there is no dangling wire with connector on it, it looks like it is all pretty much in there. Were you able to free the click easily with your hand while supporting the fender with the other? Anything would be helpful.

Old 09-01-2023, 02:24 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,306 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by FareWarning
Took delivery of my 110 a couple days ago and opted not to give the dealer almost 2K for the purchase and install of the Extended Arch Protection. I bought a set from PowerfulUK about a month ago and it's time to install. I see the LR instructions but can anyone shed some real world experience in disconnecting the reflector lights? I've seem a couple youtube videos but they have all be ROW arch installs. I'd rather not destroy the stock fenders but this might be unavoidable. From the instructions and the back for the new arches it looks like there is no dangling wire with connector on it, it looks like it is all pretty much in there. Were you able to free the click easily with your hand while supporting the fender with the other? Anything would be helpful.
no wire on the fender flares. The wire is in the vehicle. Plugs into the flares. A legal requirement in USA. Also looks really good.

tollerances are minute on these. I installed OEM NAS flares. Easy to do. No room for error or less than ideal manufacture.

the Alibamazon offerings with LEDs look very different.

debated it for a bit before passing and going OEM.

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (09-01-2023)
Old 09-01-2023, 06:59 AM
Mudding
Received 155 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by FareWarning
It's been a bit over a year since I did mine so while I know I had to deal with the wires, it was such a non-issue that I've forgotten any specifics, if that helps. I THINK the light sort of twists out (like, 90 or 180 degree turn) and then pops out, and reinstalls in reverse. Again, I can't recall 100%, but it was no issue in any case.

Old 09-01-2023, 08:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 211 Likes on 117 Posts

Not a big deal at all. You just unplug and plug it back in the new arches. Now, aligning and installing the clips and tape of the new arches into the body is a WHOLE different story. I suffered quite a lot with the ones in the back, but after a couple deep breaths I managed. I still think mine are not perfectly aligned when compared bot sides, but it is close enough to calm my OCD.