Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Build - Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 12:06 PM
8th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FormerJeepJunkie
I do 1000% like the larger touch screen. Noticed yours had the 10 inch. However, I think they made the larger one standard now? Might need to verify that. Chip shortages might be dictating what you can do these days.
yes, in my email to GM who is handling my build I mentioned the screen ... will see what he says and report back

Old 09-22-2022, 12:13 PM
Mudding
Received 130 Likes on 73 Posts

I think that’s a solid build. My only addition would be the wheel arch protection. I think it makes it a little meaner and there is some protection there.

But if you don’t plan to offroad, I don’t see a reason for the offroad pack. You added the better tires, and that’s part of that.
Can you get wheel arch protection from the factory?

Old 09-22-2022, 05:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jusmax88
Can you get wheel arch protection from the factory?
yep. Mine came installed.

Old 09-22-2022, 07:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

I do 1000% like the larger touch screen. Noticed yours had the 10 inch. However, I think they made the larger one standard now? Might need to verify that. Chip shortages might be dictating what you can do these days.
Originally Posted by triplenet
yes, in my email to GM who is handling my build I mentioned the screen ... will see what he says and report back
As far as 11.4in vs 10in screen, for 2023.5MY Defenders, only all 130’s, and X and V8 models of the 90 and 110 will get the 11.4in screen. All other models will get the 10in screen. There is no option to add or switch the screen from factory either. Confirmed with at least 2 dealers and through LR corporate. Also, the build and price now reflects that since it has been updated.

Old 09-22-2022, 07:17 PM
Mudding
Received 130 Likes on 73 Posts

yep. Mine came installed.
Darn, doesn’t seem to be a standalone option in the online builder anymore (or maybe I’m blind)

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 07:20 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by triplenet
Morning;

I have been reviewing all the threads (great info) but figured I would reach out for help....

So I decided to order a 110 SE or X-Dynamic @ MSRP from local dealer ...

Could you guys with experience tell me which options are a must and does it make sense to get the SE vs the X ?

I will be doing occasional light towing for now under 2k lbs (but possibly heavier in a year or so RV 6k lbs) and very limited off road..

As always, much appreciated ...

NNN
Which options are must are dependent on person and I don’t even wanna go there haha. As far as differences. If ya want pretty much almost everything standard and money isn’t an issue for you + Orange Brake Calipers and Black contrast Hood (if not going Santorini black), go X. If ya want a mix and match of the options you want for cheaper go X-Dynamic SE. Only standard thing you’d be missing out if ya went X-Dynamic over X that you won’t be able to get is the 11.4in screen and Clearsight Rearview Mirror. Those you get standard on the X.

I went the standard SE for my 130 order because I want the White contrast Roof which ya can’t get on any higher trim/model, plus don’t want the half black fabric seats. I’m well aware my SE with loads of options is more expensive then a fully loaded First Edition 130 and just above starting price of the 130 X, but I want something very unique and particular. Plus, I’m really not missing out on anything that’s not on mine, except standard rear diff-lock that you get on the X even with 22’s. My order has 22’s but can’t get it and don’t want the off-road pack anyways because of the tire’s snow performance. But that’s me.

GrouseK9 (09-26-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 07:31 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by jusmax88
Darn, doesn’t seem to be a standalone option in the online builder anymore (or maybe I’m blind)
It's not. Only on the Special packs. You may be able to get it standalone added to the order via the dealer system which can be added during factory build/or port (That's how I added a few things like Raised Air Intake, but can't remember if wheel arch protection was on there). If not, can still order through dealer parts dept.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:15 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist
As far as 11.4in vs 10in screen, for 2023.5MY Defenders, only all 130’s, and X and V8 models of the 90 and 110 will get the 11.4in screen. All other models will get the 10in screen. There is no option to add or switch the screen from factory either. Confirmed with at least 2 dealers and through LR corporate. Also, the build and price now reflects that since it has been updated.
The world is a crazy place. My 23 has the 11.4 as free on the x-dynamic. Month later- not an option at all.

Old 09-22-2022, 11:01 PM
Drifting
Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

I got an X-Dynamic SE in Carpathian Grey which was an extra thousand or so. The MSRP went up about $3k from my March price and the paint cost is included in the MSRP below.

This build, plus the Explorer package, in a 2023 P400 X-Dynamic SE came out to $97k after tax / title / license.

You could probably drop a few grand if you don't want the blackout package / cross beam, interior protection, and maybe the activity key? And of course the Explorer package was a big old expense that would probably be better and cheaper aftermarket.

But I feel like I got every worthwhile option and don't feel like I missed out on anything except maybe the solar attenuated windshield, but we are tinting aftermarket so same / difference. I wouldn't mind the clearsight rear view or bigger touchscreen, but I don't feel like I'm missing out that those options got cut.

Royalist (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 01:42 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by amcarroll
I got an X-Dynamic SE in Carpathian Grey which was an extra thousand or so. The MSRP went up about $3k from my March price and the paint cost is included in the MSRP below.

This build, plus the Explorer package, in a 2023 P400 X-Dynamic SE came out to $97k after tax / title / license.

You could probably drop a few grand if you don't want the blackout package / cross beam, interior protection, and maybe the activity key? And of course the Explorer package was a big old expense that would probably be better and cheaper aftermarket.

But I feel like I got every worthwhile option and don't feel like I missed out on anything except maybe the solar attenuated windshield, but we are tinting aftermarket so same / difference. I wouldn't mind the clearsight rear view or bigger touchscreen, but I don't feel like I'm missing out that those options got cut.

Have you received yours or is it a ‘23.5MY build? Reason I ask is the activity key. Would love to add it to my build. Have to make any changes this week, after that, I can’t.

Quick Reply: New Build - Options