Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb-just ordered my first Land Rover

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 10:09 PM
Mudding
Received 91 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Newb-just ordered my first Land Rover

Thanks to all of you for the info you've provided over the last week or so as I've been silently researching.

Pulled the trigger tonight: Ordered a 110, P300, base model. Pretty bare bones truck, which is what I was looking for.
-Gondwana Stone
-body color roof, no sunroof
-18" wheels, dark grey
-5 seat, cloth interior
-Towing pack
-Cold Climate pack
-Air Suspension pack

Not planning to get into off-roading. I already have plenty of automotive hobbies to keep me and my wallet occupied. This will be my DD and tow rig, along with road trip vehicle, Malamute hauler...

I WILL NOT BE BITTEN BY THE MOD BUG. I'm vaxxed and boosted. All mod urges go toward my project cars: 67 Mustang restomod and my current DD that will soon be taking on full-time track car duties, 06 Mini Cooper S.

Loved Land Rover and the Defender from afar most of my life. Test drove so many Discoveries, but never pulled the trigger. Lots of experience with British marks, so I understand the character. Grew up with MGs and Triumphs.

Lots of redneck four wheeling experience in my younger days with CJ5 and CJ7s. Spent way too many nights fixing my truck or powerwashing 1000# of Mo. River gumbo mud off the bottom of my Jeep instead of sleeping, so I could get to school or work the next morning.

Enough about me. I probably won't have much to contribute here, but if anyone's wanting to put in an order, I just had a phenomenal experience at Land Rover Spokane. It's only day 1, but I've bought a LOT of cars in the past 45 years, and this was one of the simplest, smoothest, and most peaceful. Hit me up if you're looking for a sales associate.

Now I wait. Went through this last year (way back in 2022) with a Mach-E order. I'm proficient at waiting, and really in no hurry.

Thanks again for all the help. I felt very informed and confident in this process, and am certain I'm going to be happy with my new toy when it arrives.

The following 4 users liked this post by Husky44:
ficklma1 (01-05-2023), jusmax88 (01-05-2023), Kev M (01-05-2023), mrego (01-05-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 10:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 157 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats on your new ride!

The following 2 users liked this post by Nuckle:
Husky44 (01-04-2023), jusmax88 (01-05-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 11:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

That is very very similar to mine. Only differences are mine is blue with the white roof, has the white steelies, and has the front jump seat (which also adds the rear view mirror camera). I love the setup. It’s a great daily driver. Enough power, super comfortable, and a good size and built for hauling around things and people (and dogs). Great for road-trips.

I’ll also note that even if you don’t intend to, it has all the capability you need to go off road, get to trails, etc. The tow package adds the auto terrain. With the air suspension, it makes it really easy.

My wife and I also split our defender with a smaller EV (Volvo C40). It’s been a great combination.

The following 3 users liked this post by BRW110:
Husky44 (01-05-2023), jusmax88 (01-05-2023), Kev M (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 06:42 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

Yup, we ordered two weeks ago...110 P400 SE, bronze with a white roof. Had a RR HSE a few years. This will be my wifes DD, as she has reluctantly chosen to give up her female mid-life crisis version of the Corvette...Her Jeep Wrangler..!!

The following users liked this post:
Husky44 (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 12:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Husky44
Thanks to all of you for the info you've provided over the last week or so as I've been silently researching.

Pulled the trigger tonight: Ordered a 110, P300, base model. Pretty bare bones truck, which is what I was looking for.
-Gondwana Stone
-body color roof, no sunroof
-18" wheels, dark grey
-5 seat, cloth interior
-Towing pack
-Cold Climate pack
-Air Suspension pack

Not planning to get into off-roading. I already have plenty of automotive hobbies to keep me and my wallet occupied. This will be my DD and tow rig, along with road trip vehicle, Malamute hauler...
I WILL NOT BE BITTEN BY THE MOD BUG.
Thanks again for all the help. I felt very informed and confident in this process, and am certain I'm going to be happy with my new toy when it arrives.
HUSKY44:

You seem to be well-informed and logically decisive and in-touch with your learned capabilities.

Considering your order details and your enviable outdoor living location, I only wonder how you steeled yourself sufficiently to reject adding the rear eDiff (off-road pack) -- understanding that it activates often, even in conditions not requiring any vehicle modifications?

Enjoy !!

Old 01-05-2023, 05:16 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
HUSKY44:

You seem to be well-informed and logically decisive and in-touch with your learned capabilities.

Considering your order details and your enviable outdoor living location, I only wonder how you steeled yourself sufficiently to reject adding the rear eDiff (off-road pack) -- understanding that it activates often, even in conditions not requiring any vehicle modifications?

Enjoy !!
My answer is going to prove to you that I'm not as informed as you mistook me to be: I mistakenly thought the Towing Pack added both the off-road pack AND the Advanced Offroad Capability Pack. Turns out it doesn't include the former. So, I guess I'm going to add the Off-road Pack. Thanks for pointing out that I'm a dumbass so gently and kindly.

The following 4 users liked this post by Husky44:
ficklma1 (01-06-2023), jusmax88 (01-07-2023), Nuckle (01-05-2023), TrioLRowner (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 06:38 AM
Drifting
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I see that you are vaxed and boosted against the mod bug, but man if you already have it, it is too late. 😂 Already having a mod project is a pre-existing condition and I am not sure how successful the vaccination can be! The only way I have ever been successful in avoiding the bug is to swear off the internet and any forums and then hide in your bunker every free minute you have, or the temptation will be too great.

The following 4 users liked this post by Md-dave:
ficklma1 (01-06-2023), Husky44 (01-06-2023), jusmax88 (01-07-2023), Kev M (01-06-2023)
Old 01-07-2023, 09:35 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Md-dave
I see that you are vaxed and boosted against the mod bug, but man if you already have it, it is too late. 😂 Already having a mod project is a pre-existing condition and I am not sure how successful the vaccination can be! The only way I have ever been successful in avoiding the bug is to swear off the internet and any forums and then hide in your bunker every free minute you have, or the temptation will be too great.
In the 90s some dude got rich and famous for books and seminars teaching you how to tell yourself what you want to be.

I didn't read the book so I'm probably doing it wrong.

The following 2 users liked this post by Husky44:
jusmax88 (01-07-2023), Kev M (01-07-2023)
Old 01-07-2023, 01:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Same here, ordered in October.
Basic P300, green/acorn, no glass roof.
Towing hitch.
Added 3rd row for occasional kids trips which ended up as expensive option with air suspension and family pack/ion cleaner/whatever.

The following users liked this post:
Husky44 (01-07-2023)
Old 01-07-2023, 04:33 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by TeddyG
Same here, ordered in October.
Basic P300, green/acorn, no glass roof.
Towing hitch.
Added 3rd row for occasional kids trips which ended up as expensive option with air suspension and family pack/ion cleaner/whatever.
I came close to doing green. Love the classic look.

Third row was actually something that would have caused me, to walk away from a car on the lot. Kids are grown, and the cargo space is more important to me (as well as the savings).

Curious if you have info as to your progress in the build and delivery process yet? I'm not in a hurry, and actually am hoping for a delivery in late May or early June. First dealer it talked to told me to plan for 4 months. The one I ordered from said 9 months. I know enough about automotive supply chains to know that they're both just guessing. Just curious what the trends are looking like for 4Q orders.

Quick Reply: Newb-just ordered my first Land Rover