2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM rubber floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 02:10 PM
Overlanding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Slightly related to this topic, I was wondering what is the standard rubber floor mat? And if you option the car for it to include carpet mats (i think they are automatically selected along with the leather interior...?), whether the standard rubber mats come as well?

Old 03-07-2021, 10:16 PM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

My 2020 HSE, factory ordered with the "Basic protection package" (which also includes an equally high quality rubber mat for the loadspace / trunk and a collapsible carrier for the cargo area) included both carpet and rubber.floor mats - the dealer had installed the rubber mats and left the carpet ones on top when I.picked up the car, kind of silly. I promptly stored the carpet mats away and probably won't use them again until I sell the car. The OEM rubber mats are really of excellent quality, with great fit and coverage especially in front, perfect for my intended use of the Defender.

The following 3 users liked this post by umbertob:
brydup (06-11-2021), Bsooudi (08-07-2021), Ryu2021 (03-08-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Overlanding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by umbertob
My 2020 HSE, factory ordered with the "Basic protection package" (which also includes an equally high quality rubber mat for the loadspace / trunk and a collapsible carrier for the cargo area) included both carpet and rubber.floor mats - the dealer had installed the rubber mats and left the carpet ones on top when I.picked up the car, kind of silly. I promptly stored the carpet mats away and probably won't use them again until I sell the car. The OEM rubber mats are really of excellent quality, with great fit and coverage especially in front, perfect for my intended use of the Defender.
Thanks Umbertob. Would you mind posting pics of the front and back rubber mats that come with the Basic protection package?

Still unsure with what mats or carpets the entry Defender comes? or perhaps no mats at all...

Old 03-08-2021, 01:09 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryu2021
Thanks Umbertob. Would you mind posting pics of the front and back rubber mats that come with the Basic protection package?

Still unsure with what mats or carpets the entry Defender comes? or perhaps no mats at all...
My sales rep so no mats at all are standard.

The following users liked this post:
Ryu2021 (03-08-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 02:51 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the OEM deep rubber mats. They are okay. They look nice, and feel pretty durable, but perhaps not as durable as the WeatherTech option... I don’t know, I’d have to compare. WeatherTech products I’ve had in the past have been very durable.

One thing I dislike about the OEM mats is the rear seats configuration. There is a left and right mat that is secured with snaps, but the middle piece just lies there, unsecured. It’s strange, because the standard carpet piece for the rear seats is one single piece, left, right, and middle... so that middle piece can’t float around. The WeatherTech rear seat piece is one large solid piece as well.

The disadvantage of the WeatherTech option is aesthetics. It doesn’t look as nice as the OEM option, particularly the red WeatherTech badging... which is just a 3D sticker and can be removed (assuming it’s similar to their other products), but then you have odd squares where the badging went. Probably won’t look terrible, but certainly not as good. I wish WeatherTech would just brand on the underside of their mats.

Anyway, if the OEM stuff holds up, I’ll probably replace it with the same when it’s time. If it destructs early, I’ll throw WeatherTech in...

Old 03-17-2021, 05:02 PM
Mudding
Received 108 Likes on 56 Posts

The front OEM mats are great.

The second row OEM mats are mediocre--three separate pieces with gaps.

The WeatherTech mats for second-row look much superior.

Old 06-03-2021, 07:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MattEvan
The front OEM mats are great.

The second row OEM mats are mediocre--three separate pieces with gaps.

The WeatherTech mats for second-row look much superior.
I agree, Matt. I just went to the Land Rover dealership to check out their OEM rubber mats. Given that I'm purchasing these for a Defender I was a bit let down by the design. There is an option to purchase the 5+2 mat set if you have a 7 seater. There is also the cargo loadspace mat. The total costs together was about $580. I figured for that price it would be designed like Weather Tech's mats but unfortunately only the two front seat mats were. The second row protection is made up of two or three separate mats with no deep sides, leaving that area vulnerable to spills. The 3rd row was flat as well. The cargo mat was also flat. Weather Tech sells mats for the five seats and the cargo mat - all deep sided for $300. I couldn't find a better deal for custom deep sided mats. The other issue is that Land Rover used to sell the front seat mats separately but you have to buy the whole set now. I hope this helps

Old 06-10-2021, 06:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi, I bought the WeatherTech mats and made a video of the install. The cargo liner in the rear is a bit thinner than I thought but overall, I'm very pleased with the quality. Thanks!

The following 4 users liked this post by Kalliste80:
Chief65 (06-11-2021), drcoop (06-11-2021), GrouseK9 (06-11-2021), Simon14 (10-07-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 08:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 234 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalliste80
Hi, I bought the WeatherTech mats and made a video of the install. The cargo liner in the rear is a bit thinner than I thought but overall, I'm very pleased with the quality. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/71ZD5oEqJPE
Thanks for making the video. They look good and the fit seems tailored.

Are they black and do they match the black factory interior?

Old 06-10-2021, 09:03 PM
Mudding
Received 91 Likes on 43 Posts

I tried Chemical Guys Mat Renewer on the mats and they came out clean and newer looking but the finish was too matte (no pun intended) for my liking. But a quick wipe with Chemical Guys VRP gave them just the right amount of shine. Highly recommended.

Quick Reply: OEM rubber floor mats