Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering a Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE - questions about ordering process

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2021 | 09:48 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Moretti
I remember reading something about a calibration sticker that you place on the trailer and the system is able to configure to there? Not sure its like that anymore. They didn't mention that in that article. Anyways the tow assist is more to help the novice I believe. It ends up costing about $400 for the tow assist if you were already planning to get the hitch receiver and the advanced off road pack....
LOL, that thought process is exactly how this car hit $80k

The following users liked this post:
Ahparke (04-13-2021)
Old 01-31-2021 | 08:21 AM
4wd Low

Keep in mind that the 2/10 date for revisions may not be the actual date. It’s entirely up to the plant. I tried to make a change (not an entirely new rebuild) to days before the latest revision date and was told I couldn’t do it.

Old 01-31-2021 | 08:30 AM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Maurer26
Keep in mind that the 2/10 date for revisions may not be the actual date. It’s entirely up to the plant. I tried to make a change (not an entirely new rebuild) to days before the latest revision date and was told I couldn’t do it.
I'm going to the dealership this morning to go through the options with them... I'm going to press them on wanting vintage tan seats with the white. Is this something they can do? Or just dont want to do because it takes 5 seconds more of effort... With BMW in the past, thye'll order anything for you as long as you find someone motivated to help...

Old 01-31-2021 | 09:56 AM
Mudding

I have the rough-cut walnut finisher with khaki interior, and I think it fits the cabin nicely. Something shiny would have been really out of place -- I think the wood just makes the truck feel a bit closer to it's sticker price!

The more I live with the interior, the more I think the designers really nailed a premium/luxury sensibility with materials that look good when not in pristine condition. Gloss/piano black is the worst thing that ever happened to car interiors, and I think the Defender interior is the antithesis of gloss black. FWIW, I also think that black would look much less boring in this truck relative to other vehicles when optioned with the white crossbeam, rough-cut walnut, and the panorama.

The following 2 users liked this post by patpatriot6:
angelboing (01-31-2021), PaulLR (02-02-2021)
Old 01-31-2021 | 11:12 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by patpatriot6
I have the rough-cut walnut finisher with khaki interior, and I think it fits the cabin nicely. Something shiny would have been really out of place -- I think the wood just makes the truck feel a bit closer to it's sticker price!

The more I live with the interior, the more I think the designers really nailed a premium/luxury sensibility with materials that look good when not in pristine condition. Gloss/piano black is the worst thing that ever happened to car interiors, and I think the Defender interior is the antithesis of gloss black. FWIW, I also think that black would look much less boring in this truck relative to other vehicles when optioned with the white crossbeam, rough-cut walnut, and the panorama.
So we left the dealership today with only a minor change to the order. Good news: She liked the ebony seats in person, so that solves that issue, and didnt have to make any changes. The only change we did end up making was the crossbeam. We changed it from white to the dark gray. Saw this one on the showroom floor and really liked the look. We also (after much deliberation), decided against any wood interior trim, and left it black...

loved this look! minus the wood trim...

The following users liked this post:
bobbyz95 (05-30-2021)
Old 02-01-2021 | 12:13 PM
Mudding

Yeah, I really like the dark grey cross beam, and am especially enamoured with how premium the steering wheel looks/feels in the dark grey.

Old 02-02-2021 | 08:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I went with ebony interior and dark grey cross beam as well. Really happy with how it looks. My dilemma was the headliner color and I'm glad I went with black as it blends with all the other dark colors. This interior is an amazing combination of high quality, rugged and luxurious.

Old 04-22-2021 | 09:45 PM
2nd Gear

You're Electronic diff is def in danger, a few people thought it was on and then it was too late that the $0 option was a fluke and it only came with off road pack

Originally Posted by sna77
Hi,
For those that have ordered a Defender from a US Land Rover dealer... Any tips to help with the process? I spent a week working through all the options we wanted on the crummy LR site. I sent the build link and detailed, personalized brochure to the dealership after a number of back and forth emails. I'm a bit concerned the dealerships level of detail isn't up to mine... I'm in Boston, MA FWIW...

This is what I asked for:

This is the dealer order form / contract they want me to sign:

I emailed the salesman to ask why some things were left out... FWIW, The math does work out if you subtract the dealer installed options: $79,599 - $1844 = $77,755

Hi!
The dealer installed options don’t show up on the order. I want to ensure when we pick this thing up on day one, it’s fully configured and ready to go.

These dealer installed options are missing:
- wheel arches
- air compressor
- click and hang coat hook
- Rear bumper hooks (x2) LR139442

Also, there is a lot more detail on the LR website build than shows up on this order form… It has me concerned that something might be missing. Comparing the build link I sent vs the order form, I don’t see the following (in addition to the dealer installed options above):

- body colored roof
- sliding panoramic roof
- black roof rails
- center console with armrest
- black headliner
- leather, heated steering wheel
- Electronic Active differential
- few others, those were the major ones...

I don't feel great about this answer:

Yes, those are all dealer-installed items that we would order to have here for your vehicle’s delivery. Once we have it slotted then I can see about getting parts ordered.
Some of these items are on back-order as well right now so hopefully those will clear up soon. The Air Compressor, for example, we have yet to have one of those arrive yet.
The other items you listed are all standard features of an X-Dynamic HSE so they are all wrapped up in the HSE trim level. Once we get the confirmation from Land Rover more (not all, but definitely more) is detailed in their order system. The heated steering wheel is the only item that isn’t standard for that trim and it’s in the Cold Climate Pack, so it’s part of that package instead of being delineated individually.
I’ll send over the factory specification once they slot it for you. Sound good?

Any advice from anyone that has ordered a Defender is appreciated. tx

Old 04-29-2021 | 01:24 PM
Winching

My20's could order the elec active diff individually outside of the off-road pack...my21s could only get it if they ordered the off-road pack..my22 xs can order it individually again....not surprised that the sales reps miss this stuff...alot of moving pieces

Old 04-29-2021 | 03:16 PM
ksw
4wd Low

That's not correct. MY22 require ORP to get Active Dif

Quick Reply: Ordering a Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE - questions about ordering process