Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over the Air Software Updates and Infotainment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 09:54 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Over the Air Software Updates and Infotainment Issues

Did anyone get the notice this week from LR regarding over the air (OTA) updates? This is long overdue as my infotainment unit has a mind of its own. I have received the email from LR but my vehicle has not received the notice - has anyone received the update to their car? I am listing the issues I have below with the Pivi pro that are a PITA.

Consistent issues that hopefully are addressed in order of annoyance:
  1. Changing of sources for no apparent reason - my vehicle source will change to the next source on its own. This can happen 1-5 times in a 20 min drive. At other times it doesn't happen.
  2. Apps come and go - the apps you can load like weather, Spotify etc seem to come and go on my screen. I assume this has something to do with the connectivity but don't know. For the last 10 days I have no weather app - just disappeared.
  3. Clock on dash and infotainment unit off (appears to be EST +4) - discussed in another thread
  4. No way to determine software load, when latest update was installed etc. If I go to software updates, there is no information - current version, latest update etc.
There are smaller things that annoy me but aren't as consistent and are much easier to live with. Let me know if anyone else is having these issues as I am surprised I haven't seen a lot of discussion on topic.

Old 08-15-2020, 11:23 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, my Defender First Edition infotainment system is super glitchy. I called Land Rover to discuss it with them, they sent me to the dealer who kept it for a day only to tell me that it is a known issue and I will have to wait for an update. Many of the same issues you are having plus, won’t load Sirius XM, and FM radio stops working until you hit the power button over and over. Weather won’t load, etc. kind of disappointing.

Old 08-28-2020, 05:12 PM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

My US-spec Tasman Blue HSE with 50 miles, built June 2020, notified me this morning that an update had downloaded and that it would install the next time I started up the car. The only issue I had before the update was the time in the Pivo Pro being 5 hours ahead of the actual time when starting the car. It would fix itself about 10 minutes into the trip. Not sure yet if the update resolved that issue. Will post back here either way.

Old 09-04-2020, 08:24 AM
4wd Low

Alright - I know this is silly for some but for me it is very annoying. I got the software update on August 20th and for the life of me I can't figure out what changed? I still have the time issue, I still have the random (and increasing) change of source issue and yesterday my entertainment screen wouldn't even come on. I could change stations/sources by the steering wheel controls but nothing else. And finally, the weather app has disappeared for good (for some reason I liked that widget).

Is anyone seeing improvement from the software update? Others still seeing these issues or is it just me. BTW - I have tried a hard reset by pulling fuse, disconnecting the battery....

Cheers.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:12 PM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

The OTA update in my post above has fixed the time issue, the only issue I was having.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:38 AM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same issue in my one month old 2020 Defender. Satellite radio stops working and I need to reset the unit. After doing that, I lose my favorites. Satellite radio seems to stop working every few days or so. I spoke to dealer who said this has been a known issue since July and they have been waiting on a fix

I did notice a recent software update from two days ago. Hoping this fixes it. Wont know for sure though since the issue is random.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:08 PM
4wd High

My satellite radio freezes. Only fix is to hold down power button for 20 seconds until it resets. After reset it will work for a few days, but then it freezes again. Each time I reset I lose my favorites. Dealership said it’s been a known issue since June and they are waiting on a software fix. My software just updated 2 days ago on 10-15 and it didn’t fix the issue. Very frustrating for a brand new car.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:35 AM
4wd Low

Yep - I have the same issue - OTA update did not address any of my past issues and may have added a new one. For some reason I no longer have CarPlay. I am not sure if this is an apple thing or a LR thing. This software is a real downer where it could have been a big plus had it been released with a few less flaws.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:31 AM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I also have an issue where incoming calls go to my iphone when you accept call and the phone defaults to Iphone rather than car in speaking. Bluetooth is connected and active. Goes back and forth on what happens. Doesn't appear to be iphone issue - only on this car is it a problem..

Old 10-19-2020, 12:39 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by mgreenawald
Yep - I have the same issue - OTA update did not address any of my past issues and may have added a new one. For some reason I no longer have CarPlay. I am not sure if this is an apple thing or a LR thing. This software is a real downer where it could have been a big plus had it been released with a few less flaws.
Thanks for letting me know. I would think they should just swap out the hardware if this is only happening on small percentage of the Defenders? We should not have to wait months for a software update to have a working radio on a brand new car. Very frustrating.

Quick Reply: Over the Air Software Updates and Infotainment Issues