2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over the Air Software Updates and Infotainment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 11:05 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

Just a suggestion for those who may have "lost" some apps, such as the weather. After a system reset, or an automatic software download such as the one we received recently (I am on 2.0.3 PSDP, downloaded on 10/16 currently), go to Settings, All, Apps. Live Apps, Software Updates. Hopefully the system will show a 0% and a "downloading" message (can't remember exactly what it says) on the center of the screen. After that, my missing apps (including the weather, TuneIn and Spotify) reappeared. Will they be there tomorrow? Who knows, but worth a shot.

Old 10-21-2020, 12:55 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Just noticed I had the new 2.0.3 software update this week. Lost all my presets on Sirius. You think LR could figure all this out.

Old 10-31-2020, 06:38 AM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still lose my satellite radio every few days! This is really annoying. Only resolution is to reset the unit (but then I lose my favorites).

The following users liked this post:
JesseRohr (11-05-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 08:03 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey folks - thought I would share an update on this post based on the issues I have had. Sad to say, nothing has been resolved but awaiting the latest software update (based on documentation I have seen things won't be fixed).

1. Changing of sources - not fixed but I have figured out the cause. It is actually the 'favorite button' - I had it selected to change sources. When I determined this could be the problem I changed the favorite to "mute" and sure enough, I am driving down the road and my music mutes. This is less annoying than changing sources but I want it fixed. I can change it to a few different things that would likely have no impact but for now I use "mute" to continue to test my theory. If anyone is having this issue, try changing the button and let me know.

2. Apps - Still can't figure out this one - (I know this sounds dumb but...) I haven't had weather app for months and now my calendar apps, which never worked, are gone. If anyone knows how to find these or download these let me know.

3. Clock - still occurs but have noticed less frequently

4. Software loads - you can now see the load and the latest download date. Now what is interesting, the last software load, 2.03, one day will say it was downloaded and installed on Oct 8th, the next day it will say Oct 9th - something is really weird here.

Thx and let me know if you have questions.

Old 11-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Mudding
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

How can you get the latest update? Just "wait"?

Old 11-11-2020, 01:04 PM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi folks new to this forum. I have 2020 P300 110. I received on 5 October with 2.0.3 installed. I had some software nits and went to dealer who physically loaded some module updates he could find BUT the Big Bang for me was 2.0.4. I was notified it was available on about 1 November. I had picked up Defender and before I left lot I performed reset on infotainment screen by holding ON/Off button down for 10-15 seconds. I was instantly offered to take or schedule the update which require that I be out of the vehicle with it locked. So I drove it home and took update which was offered again on shutdown. I have to say it stabilized the infotainment system and solved all of my nits. I saw the reset trick on a UK Utube channel. What JLR needs is better software status info for owners via the dealer so when I call in with a symptom they know if it is being worked and I can then wait for fix. Not knowing is frustrating and I would also like to be able to feedback on the software without having to have my car sit in the shop. In this case I knew from sleuthing that 2.0.4 was out in Europe and coming to us at some point -I also saw the release notes which made me feel it would solve my issues. I really really like my new Defender now and hope this area of notification process can be improved.

DefenderSmitty (12-14-2020)
Old 11-11-2020, 03:30 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Freemey
Hi folks new to this forum. I have 2020 P300 110. I received on 5 October with 2.0.3 installed. I had some software nits and went to dealer who physically loaded some module updates he could find BUT the Big Bang for me was 2.0.4. I was notified it was available on about 1 November. I had picked up Defender and before I left lot I performed reset on infotainment screen by holding ON/Off button down for 10-15 seconds. I was instantly offered to take or schedule the update which require that I be out of the vehicle with it locked. So I drove it home and took update which was offered again on shutdown. I have to say it stabilized the infotainment system and solved all of my nits. I saw the reset trick on a UK Utube channel. What JLR needs is better software status info for owners via the dealer so when I call in with a symptom they know if it is being worked and I can then wait for fix. Not knowing is frustrating and I would also like to be able to feedback on the software without having to have my car sit in the shop. In this case I knew from sleuthing that 2.0.4 was out in Europe and coming to us at some point -I also saw the release notes which made me feel it would solve my issues. I really really like my new Defender now and hope this area of notification process can be improved.
Where do you live? Most of us in the U.S. say our system is up to date with 2.0.3. Mine was loaded on Oct 16. There is no prompt for a new update 2.0.4...

Old 11-12-2020, 10:10 AM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

That was happening to me until I did the reset and was instantly offered the update. By the way I have decided that many software updates have to do with live apps which confused me at first as I couldn’t see a record of them and the bigger car system ones like 2.0.4 are found in the settings. I would reset by holding down ON/OFF button for about 15 seconds and see if that does the trick to offer an update. I live in Seattle and told the dealer about it but because it was not listed as official process the Tech was afraid to do it. I did it before leaving the lot and showed them.

DefenderSmitty (12-14-2020)
Old 11-12-2020, 10:19 AM
Mudding

Thx for reply. My car went in today for a variety of new car issues from the A Pillar noise to a loose gasket on the rear door. They didn't seem to say much about all the software related issues outside I had the most up to date version at 2.0.3. I told them folks had 2.0.4.

I will certainly try that when I get it back. Hoping it fixes all the screen freezing, inability to change radio/Sirius stations for the first minute or so and the disappearing Sirius. I also have cameras that don't always come on when parking. My BMW and old MB all had very workable cameras that sensed parking situations and flipped on every time. This car it only happens sometimes.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:55 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosbest
Thx for reply. My car went in today for a variety of new car issues from the A Pillar noise to a loose gasket on the rear door. They didn't seem to say much about all the software related issues outside I had the most up to date version at 2.0.3. I told them folks had 2.0.4.

I will certainly try that when I get it back. Hoping it fixes all the screen freezing, inability to change radio/Sirius stations for the first minute or so and the disappearing Sirius. I also have cameras that don't always come on when parking. My BMW and old MB all had very workable cameras that sensed parking situations and flipped on every time. This car it only happens sometimes.
Just curious does the system allow wireless connection for Bluetooth from your phone? I know you can physically connect but that wears on your battery.

I used sirius in my car for 15 years until last year when I just started using spotify. I would never go back for multiple reasons including the game you have to play to get better rates. I think sirius also has a phone app you could use if you keep losing your presets.

Quick Reply: Over the Air Software Updates and Infotainment Issues