2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paid but not delivered, the new strategy

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 12:25 AM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

Fellas anything can be retrofitted after the fact. I’m going to add an aftermarket sun rook cause the Treks don’t have them. It’s the only thing not available on Treks.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:35 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

After the e-diff, I believe it! I could see myself doing the e-diff, but not the sun roof. In fact, I have the sun roof and wish I could just magically swap with you. Since I have a roof rack, it's a huge PITA to keep clean so whenever I open the thing I look up and see mud, dirt, pollen, bird "stuff", and everything but beautiful sky. Then when I work up there on the rack I have this morbid fear that I'll drop a nut and shatter the thing. Not worth it for me. Ymmv.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:49 AM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by markjlr
Fellas anything can be retrofitted after the fact. I’m going to add an aftermarket sun rook cause the Treks don’t have them. It’s the only thing not available on Treks.
That sounds like a massive undertaking!! I'd never have the skills (or *****) for something that complex. Please share pics when you get going on that.

Matt

Old 05-05-2022, 01:16 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shepl
Hello everyone, can we please write here all the options that you were missing even though you paid for it. It would still be interesting whether Land Rover refunds or simply withholds the undelivered options?

I have the following missing options for MY2023 :

1. Clear Sight View

2. Tablet holder behind the driver/passenger seat including USB ports does not apply

3. 2x USB-A Ports are missing in the center

4. Solar Windshield

5. Matrix LED

its ridiculous how Land Rover treats customers here. The above missing options are from a Defender X Dynamic HSE MY2023

It’s ridiculous Im considering cancelling my order because it’s missing options too. Did you get the digital dash and 11.4 screen?

where are you located

Old 05-05-2022, 10:16 AM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

It's interesting the JLR is doing nothing for the customer about this. Most other manufactures are discounting the price relative to the omissions. I think it's Audi that has a "Semiconductor Shortage" package. Where the omitted options are deducted from the cost.

Matt

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (05-06-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 08:07 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Some manufacturers are giving discounts on missing option and promising to install them later at no charge at the dealer when the parts become available.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:11 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

I'd just be happy if they'd LET you add the options or work with you to add the options. JLR has worked hard to subvert the "right to repair" and encode everything so that only the Dealers can unlock (or the smart folks like @markjlr - but then they give you the F' you re: warranty). THEY dropped items, let me add them on after and facilitate it is all I'm asking! They don't change the price, they don't cure later, they don't even assist you if you REALLY want to add it after their "screw up". That's the ultimate "I don't give a 'crap' about my customers, they will just buy a new one later" attitude.