2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pivi 4.0.1 Update Released with a Bug!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 01:50 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down Pivi 4.0.1 Update Released with a Bug!

I have a 2023 Defender and my car automatically updated to 4.0.1 recently, and it appears that my Phone vs CarPlay connection has been corrupted. This issue wasn't there after the 4.0.0 and it only emerged after the very recent 4.0.1 update.

Strangely after the update, I am unable to access CarPlay except through making/receiving a call or by tapping on the Media Tile and selecting "Apple CarPlay," and then the Apple/Youtube Music Launches the CarPlay for me.

I noticed the following issues which made it seem like my phone is connected to CarPlay wirelessly; but without Bluetooth connection established: 😕
  • Whenever I tap on the "CarPlay" or "Phone" icons it takes me to the Smart Devices screen where I can view the list of devices and strangely my phone appears not to be connected via bluetooth, (even though CarPlay gets launched by calls and media).
  • When I tap Connect and it establishes the Bluetooth connection, after 2 seconds it disconnects again.
  • The Pivi Homescreen Phone Tile no longer indicates the name of the my phone, it's just empty.
I tried resetting my phone, locking and exiting the car, forgetting the device and resetting the connection, but no luck yet.

But I noticed that if I did not enable CarPlay, the Bluetooth connection stays solid, it is only when CarPlay is enabled that this bug emerges in Bluetooth and CarPlay/Phone integration or shall I call it harmonization.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be appreciated!

The following 2 users liked this post by Hamad_N:
930dreamer (09-04-2023), inater (08-07-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 09:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 417 Likes on 171 Posts

I noticed that sometimes when I connect my phone after the update it will launch android auto fine but if I try to use the map it just loops and keeps trying to open the maps. Probably happens half the time.

Old 08-07-2023, 10:22 AM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default log in to your profile?

Did you make sure that you are 'logged in' to your profile? I had some weirdness with 4.0, before I noticed that I was logged out of my 'profile' with possibly similar symptoms.

Old 08-07-2023, 10:31 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by spritekk
Did you make sure that you are 'logged in' to your profile? I had some weirdness with 4.0, before I noticed that I was logged out of my 'profile' with possibly similar symptoms.
Yes I am logged in and connected with a data SIM card in.

Old 08-08-2023, 08:23 AM
4wd Low
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Same thing for me now. I get in the car, it wireless connects, then stays on the home screen. If i click the android auto icon, an options menu slides in then back out but no way to get to it without clicking a media icon. Started recently as well

Old 08-09-2023, 04:31 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by mscard02
Same thing for me now. I get in the car, it wireless connects, then stays on the home screen. If i click the android auto icon, an options menu slides in then back out but no way to get to it without clicking a media icon. Started recently as well
did this start also after the 4.0.1 update?

Old 08-09-2023, 10:28 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 210 Likes on 108 Posts

Have you deleted the phone from Pivi, deleted/forget the network connection on the phone and then added it back as a new phone?

wireless CarPlay has been more stable for me than wired CarPlay was, but you will still occasionally get glitches like this. They happened before 4.0.1, so the recent update may just be a coincidence rather than the cause, and it’s the same on our other vehicles with CarPlay and Android Auto - you might encounter a slow or no connection from time to time. The most effective solution has generally been to delete/forget/add back. But CarPlay etc works flawlessly most of the time.

Old 08-09-2023, 11:52 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by swajames
Have you deleted the phone from Pivi, deleted/forget the network connection on the phone and then added it back as a new phone?

wireless CarPlay has been more stable for me than wired CarPlay was, but you will still occasionally get glitches like this. They happened before 4.0.1, so the recent update may just be a coincidence rather than the cause, and it’s the same on our other vehicles with CarPlay and Android Auto - you might encounter a slow or no connection from time to time. The most effective solution has generally been to delete/forget/add back. But CarPlay etc works flawlessly most of the time.
I’ve tried all of that but with no luck.

I agree that some connection issues might occur from time to time but this is a bit different. It’s like a glitch where my phone disconnects from Bluetooth and does not show as a connected device, however, when I open Media or when I Receive a Call or when I make a Call from my phone; CarPlay screen pops up.

So it’s more of a system glitch issue. And this encountered me only after the 4.0.1 update.

The following users liked this post:
930dreamer (09-04-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 02:38 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2021 Disco Pivi 4.0 update BUG!!!!

yes. 100% I have the exact same problem via Android Auto. IT shows connected. But everytime I click the android auto tile, takes me to smart device connection screen.
super annoying. This is a major STEP BACK JLR! Please fix this BUG ASAP!!!!!

Last edited by gitlin; 08-09-2023 at 02:39 PM. Reason: vehicle addition
Old 08-09-2023, 02:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I have 4.0.1, and I don’t see any issues with CarPlay, but I set up CarPlay with 4.0.0, I got the update the first day I had the car.
Edit to add: Like below, I have iOS 16.6

Last edited by pjeski; 08-10-2023 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Pivi 4.0.1 Update Released with a Bug!